Mike Williams. Ugh. Just ugh.

YoloinOhio

"So then why was he traded for? And why was Bryce Brown traded for? Is the failure on the pro personnel evaluation side, or the coaching/utilization of assets side?"

a 6th rounder is a flyer, and Doug knew him from SU. You've got to swing in this leaqgue in order to get a hit, but the batting percentage is never going to be 1000%.

Bryce Brown has plenty of talent. I have no issues with him other than his fumble in the KC game.

Edited by 34-78-83

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie was injury prone. I can't remember one game when he was completely healthy

Goodwin has the same problem...

Difference is, Stevie didn't miss many games. He played hurt, a lot, but rarely missed a start because of injury. With Marquise, it is frustrating, because he will make a great play, or at least a good play, nearly every game he is in, but always gets hurt in the process. so he can't finish.

Pretty sure the "on the field" portion of why MW isn't getting playing time has to do with his route running versatility (or lack thereof). I don't try to speculate about the "off the field" portion. We can think these coaches/gm are all clowns who don't know how to rate their own players til the cows come home but it's just not the case (for ANY team not just the Bills) in the NFL. Just like the player talent level amongst the 32 teams, the knowledge and coaching abilities of NFL staffs are much the same with only minor differences in levels of competence. Do these guys make mistakes? Sure they do...But rest assured if MW was good enough (as a complete WR) to get more playing time, he would get it eventually.

70-900-9 a few different times isnt enough proof for you?

a 6th rounder is a flyer, and Doug knew him from SU. You've got to swing in this leaqgue in order to get a hit, but the batting percentage is never going to be 1000%.

Bryce Brown has plenty of talent. I have no issues with him other than his fumble in the KC game.

i think the issue some have is that trading for the guy and then shelving him could amount to a bad check swing - you pick up the strike but never had a shot to make contact.

Seriously can he play or what. They are letting him talk about it and not giving their side. Annoying as all hell.

@mikerodak: Mike Williams sarcastically aims to be the Bills' best scout team player:

http://m.espn.go.com...co/jsLKexcNy9"}

Rodak is his BFF

@mikerodak: Mike Williams "I'm still that guy who can score in the RZ any time I want. It's just other people gotta see it. If they don't somebody will"

Plus they keep a guy like Bicari Rambo on the team injured & taking up a roster spot when we need red zone help WTF !!

That's our college coaches thought pattern for you keep a guy thats paid millions on the bench :doh: !!!

Plus they keep a guy like Bicari Rambo on the team injured & taking up a roster spot when we need red zone help WTF !!

That's our college coaches thought pattern for you keep a guy thats paid millions on the bench :doh: !!!

Rambo and mike are both inactives on the 53. Br hasn't taken any spot that mw doesn't already have.

Proof that he was once capable in a different system? Yes...

Certainly it's odd though

i know its the big east, so grain of salt with it and all..... but he also produced very well in college under hackett and marrone.

i didnt see enough of them there, but youd think thered be some familiarity and such. i havent heard anyone say "wow this offense is completely different than what they ran at syracuse" but would welcome anyone who watched a lot to chime in. if similar, youd think success as a pro, and success in this system, would be enough to warrant questions.

Yes, it does. Orton would have no problem utilizing Stevie's skill set, and would probably appreciate a guy who can get open consistently and past the sticks. Hogan runs an 8-yard square out on 3rd and 10 and then fumbles or drops it a good percentage of the time that he is targeted. And the next tackle he breaks will be the first one. I'm sorry, but the way this offense is designed, this team might well look better with Odell Beckham, Stevie Johnson, and next year's first round pick. If you're going to plod the ball for two yards a pop and feature two unathletic tight ends in your offense, why trade for THREE skill position players (Bryce Brown, Watkins, Mike Williams). THIS IS A BIG DEAL, because it reflects an utter lack of strategic clarity and a GM and coach who are totally out of sync with each other. NOT GOOD.

well said, I'd buy you a beer and a nice thick meaty juicy steak for that post if I could. :nana:

I can forgive trading up for Watkins. I can understand because there were quite a bit of questions with Beckham. I can understand why we let Graha!m go when we did. But I can't understand what our concept at WR has been since Marrone took over. And before.

Look at where some of our 2nd level WR's are these days! Even kamar Aiken is still playing and starting. David Nelson would have worked in the slot, at least last year to offset our TE's. Graham could stay on the field being healthy. Johnson was dogged by everyone but the guy was a bona fide starter here. He was the goat by Marrone and Hackett. I know MWilliams will be the same. Next year he will pair up opposite LaFell with Brady throwing to him and Edleman inside and have a resurgence. If I am Buffalo I'd even trade him to NE if possible to at least get something for nothing because I know he is going to NE.

Our freaking TE's are not awful. Chandler would start on over half the teams in the league. They just get a bad wrap and no respect because everything on the outside is not producing and they have no one to take the top off over the middle. Run a few inside posts or slants with someone who can move and sometimes catch and you'll free up our TE's. Run Hogan 8 yards out and Chandler 10 yards away running 6 yards out and you're giving it to the D.

Our schemes and utilization on offense sucks the D.

What is Smdh?

CBF

shave my dads head? Edited by jboyst62

i know its the big east, so grain of salt with it and all..... but he also produced very well in college under hackett and marrone.

i didnt see enough of them there, but youd think thered be some familiarity and such. i havent heard anyone say "wow this offense is completely different than what they ran at syracuse" but would welcome anyone who watched a lot to chime in. if similar, youd think success as a pro, and success in this system, would be enough to warrant questions.

I think he only played a few games under Marrone and Hackett, and Hackett was very young at the time.

There has to be something going on we don't know about but it sure doesn't seem like MW is being a troublemaker.

Also, in Marrone's last year, when Williams was long gone, they did completely change their offense, and it exploded, which was the reason that Marrone got the HC job.

I think he only played a few games under Marrone and Hackett, and Hackett was very young at the time.

There has to be something going on we don't know about but it sure doesn't seem like MW is being a troublemaker.

Also, in Marrone's last year, when Williams was long gone, they did completely change their offense, and it exploded, which was the reason that Marrone got the HC job.

good point - i wasnt matching the timelines right in my head. he still did get 49 catches 746 yards and 6 tds in those 7 games. like i said, i really didnt watch those cuse games, but i know a few people have mentioned that hes had issues with the scheme here, or the routes here -- so it popped in my head.

Goodwin has sickle cell, right? So he's out this week. Now Williams is out... so, I guess Easley gets some reps or we'll be seeing lots of three TE sets in Denver which would be a nice change of pace...

Not for sure yet. Marrone said nothing for certain and only eluded to "some players" having to be monitored. Not all sickle cell patients get altitude problems.