Mike Williams. Ugh. Just ugh.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone shoud be thinking short-term here. Like job preservation. If WIlliams really can help the Bills score in the red zone he's a fool for not playing him, regardless of his antics and comments. If I'm ownership and I know my head coach didn't play a WR that could have helped the team with their most obvious problem because of some grudge or personal issue then I am going to seriously evaluate my options with regards to the head coaching job. Do I want to keep Marrone or replace him with 'my guy'? Also, WIlliams should be smart enough to realize this might be the end of the line for him too.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

The entire positional group has been totally bungled. With the money they're wasting on Mike Williams, who isn't playing despite his $3-$5M base or whatever it is, they could've just kept Stevie Johnson. Who would you rather have in the slot, Stevie Johnson or Chris Hogan, who always seems to run one yard short of where he needs to get to? And they trade up for Watkins but then feature a two TE offense that doesn't throw the ball to down the field to outside receivers. His talents have largely been wasted. Then there is Goodwin, who is getting out-produced by TJ Graham, whom they cut.

These guys are clowns, folks. All of them, possibly even Whaley. I'm frustrated.

These guys are clowns, folks. All of them, possibly even Whaley. I'm frustrated.

Agree, trading Sj after he takes pics at the airport with Marrone while they pick up Mike Williams was classless. Probably the reason we are cursed w the crapfest known as the 2014 offense.

Bryce brown trade is just as bad. Fleeced.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The entire positional group has been totally bungled. With the money they're wasting on Mike Williams, who isn't playing despite his $3-$5M base or whatever it is, they could've just kept Stevie Johnson. Who would you rather have in the slot, Stevie Johnson or Chris Hogan, who always seems to run one yard short of where he needs to get to? And they trade up for Watkins but then feature a two TE offense that doesn't throw the ball to down the field to outside receivers. His talents have largely been wasted. Then there is Goodwin, who is getting out-produced by TJ Graham, whom they cut.

i don't think they are paying him that much this year. I think it's only around a million.

i don't think they are paying him that much this year. I think it's only around a million.

Ah you're right - next year is when it balloons to $5.2M, which won't be our problem.

Still, it makes no sense to have traded for him in the first instance given their refusal to utilize him. What is the strategy, here??

Agree, trading Sj after he takes pics at the airport with Marrone while they pick up Mike Williams was classless. Probably the reason we are cursed w the crapfest known as the 2014 offense.

Bryce brown trade is just as bad. Fleeced.

I have thought about this a lot ...does Stevie get traded if they no they are going to Kyle?

We always heard Stevie free lanced a lot, and that was tough on Manual as such a green QB.

However, with a vet like Orton does it work better for Stevie here?

could this be history repeating itself, we remember the rumor that Lamonica got sent to Oakland because of affair with a coaches wife, could have been Saban's or Kemp's wife or maybe it was a whole lot of wives, rumor has it the mad bomber was quite the player, other than football

Edited by rumblefish

I have thought about this a lot ...does Stevie get traded if they no they are going to Kyle?

We always heard Stevie free lanced a lot, and that was tough on Manual as such a green QB.

He would help, Orton is tainted goods who sees ghost pass rushers so who knows if he would be able to feed stevie.

I've lost 2 men I love off my teams lately. Stevie and Pablo Sandoval, Hope Spillers not the next to be bungled.

Yes, it does. Orton would have no problem utilizing Stevie's skill set, and would probably appreciate a guy who can get open consistently and past the sticks. Hogan runs an 8-yard square out on 3rd and 10 and then fumbles or drops it a good percentage of the time that he is targeted. And the next tackle he breaks will be the first one. I'm sorry, but the way this offense is designed, this team might well look better with Odell Beckham, Stevie Johnson, and next year's first round pick. If you're going to plod the ball for two yards a pop and feature two unathletic tight ends in your offense, why trade for THREE skill position players (Bryce Brown, Watkins, Mike Williams). THIS IS A BIG DEAL, because it reflects an utter lack of strategic clarity and a GM and coach who are totally out of sync with each other. NOT GOOD.

Yes, it does. Orton would have no problem utilizing Stevie's skill set, and would probably appreciate a guy who can get open consistently and past the sticks. Hogan runs an 8-yard square out on 3rd and 10 and then fumbles or drops it a good percentage of the time that he is targeted. And the next tackle he breaks will be the first one. I'm sorry, but the way this offense is designed, this team might well look better with Odell Beckham, Stevie Johnson, and next year's first round pick. If you're going to plod the ball for two yards a pop and feature two unathletic tight ends in your offense, why trade for THREE skill position players (Bryce Brown, Watkins, Mike Williams). THIS IS A BIG DEAL, because it reflects an utter lack of strategic clarity and a GM and coach who are totally out of sync with each other. NOT GOOD.

Extremely well said....could not agree more.

Pretty sure the "on the field" portion of why MW isn't getting playing time has to do with his route running versatility (or lack thereof). I don't try to speculate about the "off the field" portion. We can think these coaches/gm are all clowns who don't know how to rate their own players til the cows come home but it's just not the case (for ANY team not just the Bills) in the NFL. Just like the player talent level amongst the 32 teams, the knowledge and coaching abilities of NFL staffs are much the same with only minor differences in levels of competence. Do these guys make mistakes? Sure they do...But rest assured if MW was good enough (as a complete WR) to get more playing time, he would get it eventually.

Pretty sure the "on the field" portion of why MW isn't getting playing time has to do with his route running versatility (or lack thereof). I don't try to speculate about the "off the field" portion. We can think these coaches/gm are all clowns who don't know how to rate their own players til the cows come home but it's just not the case (for ANY team not just the Bills) in the NFL. Just like the player talent level amongst the 32 teams, the knowledge and coaching abilities of NFL staffs are much the same with only minor differences in levels of competence. Do these guys make mistakes? Sure they do...But rest assured if MW was good enough (as a complete WR) to get more playing time, he would get it eventually.

So then why was he traded for? And why was Bryce Brown traded for? Is the failure on the pro personnel evaluation side, or the coaching/utilization of assets side?