Colin Kaepernick might very well be available this offseason

The Big Cat

According to Peter King's gut, fwiw.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/rams-st-louis-police-ferguson-nfl-week-13-mailbag/

It's the last mailbag segment. But watch anyway, the first one is about what a great job Marrone has done, and I'm sure many here would agree!

As for Kaepernick, if he becomes available, I would LOVE to see him in a Bills uniform. Get him out of the pocket and let him do his thing. His down year is an aberration directly correlated to the push for him to be a more stationary QB.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a long ways to go in becoming a pocket passer and you either learn how to do that or you won't last. It's really that simple. I'm not sure this fan base would be patient enough with his development process.

GO BILLS!!!

He has a long ways to go in becoming a pocket passer and you either learn how to do that or you won't last. It's really that simple. I'm not sure this fan base would be patient enough with his development process.

GO BILLS!!!

That may be true. But why would you take him on your team and expect that from him?

Bring him in and let him do his thing. We have enough offensive weapons on this team that his speed and ability to rush would drive defenses bananas.

Plus, the dude can sling it.

That may be true. But why would you take him on your team and expect that from him?

Bring him in and let him do his thing. We have enough offensive weapons on this team that his speed and ability to rush would drive defenses bananas.

Plus, the dude can sling it.

Easiest thing for a DC to do is devise defenses to take away half the field which is what you get when your QB is incapable of using all the field on every play. Yes, Kaep will get you some big plays with his legs and rifle arm, but at the end of the day, if he can't utilize the entire field by staying in the pocket, he is easy to defend.

And I don't want my QB running as often. He's gonna take too many shots.

Let me ask, why would SF even consider not keeping him after the investment they made in him?

GO BILLS!!!

Easiest thing for a DC to do is devise defenses to take away half the field which is what you get when your QB is incapable of using all the field on every play. Yes, Kaep will get you some big plays with his legs and rifle arm, but at the end of the day, if he can't utilize the entire field by staying in the pocket, he is easy to defend.

And I don't want my QB running as often. He's gonna take too many shots.

Let me ask, why would SF even consider not keeping him after the investment they made in him?

GO BILLS!!!

Because Harbaugh is likely gone.

GO BILLS!!!

because they didnt invest much in him - hes essentially agreed to allow them to franchise tag him for as long as they want without a balloon (and for a few years at a discount). if he plays 5 years, he would see an average of todays tag number, and has little to no future money promised until he reaches each individual year.

really, hes cheap for an established starter in the near term and that may be a good reason for them to keep him around

I would absolutely love him on this team. He's young, talented, and is basically the type of QB I was hoping EJ would become.

He had 2 advantages EJ didn't have: Harbaugh and he learned under a veteran for more than a year.

And they aren't letting him go. That's just silly. He is overrate at this point (they have a great time and he doesn't have to win games for them) but he is super popular and very talented.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm sure this fan base is not patient enough for his development process. 0:)

It's December, we're 7-5, in the playoff hunt and despite all this there's so much talk of firings and benchings. I'd pass and wait for a lower profile project, there's too much of a risk that CK turns out like Vince Young.

I'd rather have him than our current QBs. That being said, I'd rather have Hughes, Dareus, Bradham, searcy, Glenn locked up than overpay for a QB that isn't very good. Especially if nate Hackett is drawing up plays for him. He's an upgrade, but I hate his throwing mechanics and his attitude

Edited by NewEra

I'm sure this fan base is not patient enough for his development process. 0:)

It's December, we're 7-5, in the playoff hunt and despite all this there's so much talk of firings and benchings. I'd pass and wait for a lower profile project, there's too much of a risk that CK turns out like Vince Young.

CK is a much better passer than VY. It isn't even close.

But I do agree about the impatient fanbase. We act like Andrew Luck is the norm of young QBs. IF you don't make the playoffs or a pro bowl your rookie, you suck.

I'd rather have him than our current QBs. That being said, I'd rather have Hughes, Dareus, Bradham, searcy, Glenn locked up than overpay for a QB that isn't very good. Especially if nate Hackett is drawing up plays for him. He's an upgrade, but I hate his throwing mechanics and his attitude

I agree with most of what you say here, but IMO, there will be SOME moves made this offense do move toward securing the QB position.

I agree with most of what you say here, but IMO, there will be SOME moves made this offense do move toward securing the QB position.

I hope so. Although, if orton opts back in and we're on the hook for his 7mill or so next year, we might not be able to do much, other than draft another QB. I can't envision us cutting Ej

CK is a much better passer than VY. It isn't even close.

But I do agree about the impatient fanbase. We act like Andrew Luck is the norm of young QBs. IF you don't make the playoffs or a pro bowl your rookie, you suck.

You are off base with your assertion of the impatient fans. There would have been more patience with EJ if he showed improvement in his game from last year. Yet he regressed. There was no point in throwing him out to the wolves with the rest of his team mates losing confidence.

If he shows up in camp next year and shows improved skills in camp and in preseason, the patience will return.

You are off base with your assertion of the impatient fans. There would have been more patience with EJ if he showed improvement in his game from last year. Yet he regressed. There was no point in throwing him out to the wolves with the rest of his team mates losing confidence.

If he shows up in camp next year and shows improved skills in camp and in preseason, the patience will return.

I don't buy this regression claim. He looked to me to be exactly the same as he was throughout his limited 2013 run.

I don't buy this regression claim. He looked to me to be exactly the same as he was throughout his limited 2013 run.

He was much more tentative and timid to throw since the third game this year.

because they didnt invest much in him - hes essentially agreed to allow them to franchise tag him for as long as they want without a balloon (and for a few years at a discount). if he plays 5 years, he would see an average of todays tag number, and has little to no future money promised until he reaches each individual year.

really, hes cheap for an established starter in the near term and that may be a good reason for them to keep him around

I didn't mean investment in the dollar sense, but in the development sense. And my question remains: why would SF even consider letting him go? Big Cat suggests it's because of Harbaugh leaving, but I don't see how that comes into play after you've taken the time to develop a QB for four seasons. If they are willing to let him go it's for no other reason than they feel he's reached his ceiling.

GO BILLS!!!