Mario for Kaepernick?

prissythecat

Kaepernick just signed a 6 year $126M contract with $61M guaranteed. He is impossible to trade at this point.

Pointless to seriously discuss but his contract is structured so that there's a lot of smoke and mirrors in what you just posted. I believe if traded this offseason the 9ers would simply have to accelerate the hit on his 12m signing bonus leaving him a hit around 9m.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with these ridiculous trade scenarios that pop up on this board? I cringe when reading these damn things.

While we are at it, let's toss in 2015 first, sammy Watkins, Dareus and kyle Williams for aaron Rodgers and Eddie lacy. I mean, Green Bay needs run help right??? Everyone on board??!

Dude is ranked 34th right now out of QBs that have started. Teams have figured him out. He doesnt read defenses well and has been erratic with his passes. The most I would give for him is a Paulas Donut

Oooh, but not a maple or peanut doughnut...those are worth something!

Oooh, but not a maple or peanut doughnut...those are worth something!

Actually, not any reflection on Kaep (although i wouldn't make that trade...seriously, the bills have something going right and we want to trade it), just miss Paula's Donuts.

He's not with the Cardinals or any team.

I understand that. But that doesn't mean we are still not trying to make that trade. In order to get a guy like Skelton, you have to go the extra mile, and if that means continuing to negotiate with teams that once had his rights but no longer do, count me in. You can't expect the Cardinals, who don't have Skelton, to just give him away for Mario Williams, do you?

I understand that. But that doesn't mean we are still not trying to make that trade. In order to get a guy like Skelton, you have to go the extra mile, and if that means continuing to negotiate with teams that once had his rights but no longer do, count me in. You can't expect the Cardinals, who don't have Skelton, to just give him away for Mario Williams, do you?

Thanks for the clarification. :lol:

I am not a fan of giving up one of your best players for a QB. You try to get one when the opportunity arises and you don't do it by giving up too much. This is just crazy talk. The idea is to improve the team, lose someone important to get someone who might be good.

Edited by Rockinon

People continue to be enamored with run around college QBs like RGIII, Kaepernick, and Manziel who fail to demonstrate the necessary pocket passing ability that is required for sustained success in the NFL.

Agree..Running Qb's general fade out....This sport at the NFL level is too abusive on the body. Give me a field general pocket passer. Although I admit watching Johnny Football play is a lot of fun.

In my opinion Kaepernick is a very unlikable and un-charismatic person. Don't like the guy at all and would rather root against him.

Agree..Running Qb's general fade out....This sport at the NFL level is too abusive on the body. Give me a field general pocket passer. Although I admit watching Johnny Football play is a lot of fun.

In my opinion Kaepernick is a very unlikable and un-charismatic person. Don't like the guy at all and would rather root against him.

In college, one of the reasons Johnny Eightball was so good, was that he was very good as a pocket passer too. Few give him credit for it unless they really watched the games. He was great when he dropped straight back, looked over the field, and gunned the ball. Good release. Accurate. When it broke down he started his highlight reel stuff. But he can throw as a pocket passer.

It will be interesting to see if he can choose the right passing lanes in the pros like Brees and Russell Wilson do. I'm not sure either way if he will. But he can throw from the pocket.

A number of resident QB experts here have repeatedly posted in past about what a stud QB Kaepernick is. And I'm pretty sure he has the BB seal of approval. However, he hasn't really played well in the past two seasons after the read option fad went away .

Perhaps a change of scenery will benefit Kaepernick and the Niners--who are not making the best use of a very talented roster currently. Mario is probably one of our more attractive trade candidates . And we need to have another QB option for next year .

Thoughts ?

Only if we can throw in Dareus for Stevie Johnson, then that would make great sense.

In college, one of the reasons Johnny Eightball was so good, was that he was very good as a pocket passer too. Few give him credit for it unless they really watched the games. He was great when he dropped straight back, looked over the field, and gunned the ball. Good release. Accurate. When it broke down he started his highlight reel stuff. But he can throw as a pocket passer.

It will be interesting to see if he can choose the right passing lanes in the pros like Brees and Russell Wilson do. I'm not sure either way if he will. But he can throw from the pocket.

Johnny Football will never be good. He went out at 2 in the morning once, remember?

Being from the Bay Area I've seen him play a lot. I say no. When he's in the pocket he panics too often and chooses to run a lot! Sure he's a good runner but he chooses too too often and lately he's been getting tackled for a loss or short gains. That's very frustrating.

When the lights go down in the city, does the sun really shine on the Bay? Do you always want to be there?