The Bills smack the snot out of other teams players

Kelly the Dog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that there are multiple threads on refereeing, but looking at the Bills' DL dominance, why were there no holding calls in the KC & Miami games? I saw the OLs get abused nearly as badly as last night.

I know that there are multiple threads on refereeing, but looking at the Bills' DL dominance, why were there no holding calls in the KC & Miami games? I saw the OLs get abused nearly as badly as last night.

And last night there were several times when OLinmen LITERALLY had Bills players wrapped up by the waist as they ran unabated to the QB.

How about special teams. Some monster hits out there.

Props to Ron Brooks, amongst others, but he was a man on fire out there. Great to see him comeback after that head bounce.

Nigel's takedown of Chris Ivory by the hair was the highlight of the night.

My other favorite Bradham play was when he had the RB already tied up, and the refs blew the play dead, and he snuck in one little extra shove to send him flying. :thumbsup::lol:

Getting very close to the line of drawing a flag, but that is the type of play I want from my LBs. I spot that unit one Unsportsmanlike penalty a game. Play with an attitude.

And last night there were several times when OLinmen LITERALLY had Bills players wrapped up by the waist as they ran unabated to the QB.

Agreed, blatantly obvious... Why don't they call these??? I just don't get it.

" ah well the Bills D line is just too good. Hold off on the flags guys"

It's gonna hurt us (and has already)

Agreed, blatantly obvious... Why don't they call these??? I just don't get it.

" ah well the Bills D line is just too good. Hold off on the flags guys"

It's gonna hurt us (and has already)

The refs let the Jets RT start early two times before Mario finally flipped his **** and made them call it the 3rd time.

The refs let the Jets RT start early two times before Mario finally flipped his **** and made them call it the 3rd time.

Yep that's correct and then they did it 2 more times even and didn't call it.

But they didn't call the holds... Blatant holds on our rushers. That's gonna be costly if they don't start calling it. (really it already has been to a point)

Edited by 34-78-83

I also saw a lot of O holding and illegal blocks in the back. Good thing this game wasn't even being close to being decided by the "zebra's"

But they didn't call the holds... Blatant holds on our rushers. That's gonna be costly if they don't start calling it. (really it already has been to a point)

The Bills Dline not getting holding calls has been an issue for at least a decade it seems. I dont get it either.

Nigel's takedown of Chris Ivory by the hair was the highlight of the night.

To me it was the sack Mario had on Vick where he threw him to the ground like a kid! Poor Vick lol

Does Marrone get any credit for this? I know OP acknowledged the coaching role. Anyone else?

Consistent with what I've always said: I think it's more of a testament to our players. We've got some very very good ones!

Hughes just doesn't quit. Mario is finally playing like the man-monster he is. Dareus and Kyle Williams, when they're clicking, are just too much for a line to handle. Preston Brown is quietly become the best addition of the off season. Brandon Spikes sets the tone. And whether it be by ripping a guy down by his hair or by his face, Nigel Bradham is a bad, bad man.

Imagine if we got a bruiser at strong safety. Can you imagine having to make it through all those guys only to get licked by a Bob Sanders-type guy who just wants to separate you from the ball?

I was hoping to add more to the Marrone thread from yesterday :lol:

Then I came to the wall this morning and saw the Sammy thread :wallbash:

That game yesterday was surreal. It was like watching the early 90s teams when the game was never in doubt. Not once did I even think for a second the Jets would mount a comeback. Orton played very well, Woods had the game of his life, Boobie was a man possessed, and the defense, oh man the defense. I guess Marrone was a good coach yesterday ;)

That's why I brought up those two games. A few missed holding calls that would have altered a drive in two close games was huge, especially with Wood getting called for holding on a running play.

And Manish Mehta of the NY Daily News still calls the Bills an "inferior" opponent.

Sully tweeted:

The Bills have outscored the Jets, 118-40, in their last three meetings. Their quarterbacks are 54 of 77 for 713 yards, 8 TDs and no picks.

In those three games, Jets quarterbacks have gone 45 of 98 for 405 yards, one touchdown, eight interceptions and 15 sacks.