Bizzaro Broadcast

The game calling of Spero Dedes and Solomon Wolcotts was (as usual) so bad on Monday night that I thought about it and came up with an explanation: they were watching a different game on their monitors than the one we saw. Maybe they watched the Bizzaro Bills against the Bizzaro Jets.

Some examples:

• Bills runner loses the ball, the ref signals down-by-contact, and these geniuses say "It looks like the Jets have recovered the fumble but there's no indication from the official yet.
  • "Aaron Williams made the first interception of his career." (Unless you count the one against the Jets only 4 weeks ago)
  • "The Jets will return home after the game and hope that their stadium is ready for their game against Cleveland"
  • "Doug Marrone sends in his punt team." (It was the FG unit, we were on the Jets 35 yard line in an indoor game...)

Any others?

Saying "the world now knows your name - Ladell Beckham Junior" was a particular highlight.

The second Bills drive was good too. Penalty on 2nd down left us 2nd and 17. Jets jump offside but Orton completes to Lee Smith for 12 and they decline the penalty leaving 3rd and 5. The referee admittedly indicated incorrectly with his arm when talking to his line judge but then on mic very clearly said penalty against the Jets - declined and indicated that way. The commentator said "oh it must have been on the Bills because it is 3rd and 5 rather than a 1st down.... but it couldn't be a first down because we didn't make the marker. What a complete pair of tools they were.

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me who thought those guys were worse (much worse in many cases) than normal announcers. Almost like they took their own bye week and didn't bother to study up on anything. For ex., when TJ Graham made a ST tackle, nothing about how until training camp he was a Bill.....

Spiro saying that the blocked punt was the Bills first since like 2012 or 2002. I don't know exactly what he said because I was too busy laughing. Boobie just blocked a punt this season in week 2.

Saying "the world now knows your name - Ladell Beckham Junior" was a particular highlight.

The second Bills drive was good too. Penalty on 2nd down left us 2nd and 17. Jets jump offside but Orton completes to Lee Smith for 12 and they decline the penalty leaving 3rd and 5. The referee admittedly indicated incorrectly with his arm when talking to his line judge but then on mic very clearly said penalty against the Jets - declined and indicated that way. The commentator said "oh it must have been on the Bills because it is 3rd and 5 rather than a 1st down.... but it couldn't be a first down because we didn't make the marker. What a complete pair of tools they were.

that was hilarious. They were on another planet on that one. Edited by YoloinOhio

2nd and 17...Bills gained 12 yards....Jets offsides...Bills declined penalty...they had no clue...said penalty on Buffalo

This. It was so frustrating watching them fumble over this situation. They couldn't understand that the Bills declined the offsides penalty on 2nd and 17 after gaining 12 yards. 3rd and 5.

The penalty is on the Bills....

No wait the penalty is on the Jets....

No wait, yeah, the penalty is on the Bills...

How some of these guys get paid to do this is amazing to me.

This. It was so frustrating watching them fumble over this situation. They couldn't understand that the Bills declined the offsides penalty on 2nd and 17 after gaining 12 yards. 3rd and 5.

I could have called that game better and I'm sure I get paid WAY less than they do.

The game calling of Spero Dedes and Solomon Wolcotts was (as usual) so bad on Monday night that I thought about it and came up with an explanation: they were watching a different game on their monitors than the one we saw. Maybe they watched the Bizzaro Bills against the Bizzaro Jets.

Some examples:

• Bills runner loses the ball, the ref signals down-by-contact, and these geniuses say "It looks like the Jets have recovered the fumble but there's no indication from the official yet.
  • "Aaron Williams made the first interception of his career." (Unless you count the one against the Jets only 4 weeks ago)
  • "The Jets will return home after the game and hope that their stadium is ready for their game against Cleveland"
  • "Doug Marrone sends in his punt team." (It was the FG unit, we were on the Jets 35 yard line in an indoor game...)

Any others?

There was so much ignorant dribble I lost count.

Spiro saying that the blocked punt was the Bills first since like 2012 or 2002. I don't know exactly what he said because I was too busy laughing. Boobie just blocked a punt this season in week 2.

that was hilarious. They were on another planet on that one.

yeah they forgot to add first blocked punt *For a TD*, by Jason Peters

Agree. I don't get how Phil Simms gets a pass from criticism and how he's No.1 for CBS. Listen carefully to him for one game. One of the dumbest I've ever heard.

Some examples:

Any others?

One of the benefits of watching games with the Bills Backers of Virginia is that it's so loud we can't hear the announcers.

One of the benefits of watching games with the Bills Backers of Virginia is that it's so loud we can't hear the announcers.

One of the disadvantages of watching games with the Bills Backers of Israel (which is me alone in my basement unless my buddy Mel drops by)

I could have called that game better and I'm sure I get paid WAY less than they do.

Tasker could have called that game better but for some inexplicable reason they had him trolling the sidelines and interviewing Roger (which was about as good as watching him play wideout instead of special teams - stick with what you do best!)

On that tangent, wouldn't it have been nice for Roger to say "I grew up in Bills country and I know all about deep snow. My heart goes out to the people of Western NY" ??