Bizzaro Broadcast

I loved the one where Solomon was going on about how the Jets use their fullback to run the ball all the time, he twists and spins and gets first downs, and that's his thing. Dedes immediately follows that up with "that was a rate carry for him". Way to totally just contradict your color guy lol.

Agree. I don't get how Phil Simms gets a pass from criticism and how he's No.1 for CBS. Listen carefully to him for one game. One of the dumbest I've ever heard.

Totally agree. Phil Simms is terrible. One of the worst, if not THE worst.

At one point they showed a replay on the telestrtator about who was running what routes, and the runners didn't run anywhere near the route drawn out.

That was awesome...My wife and I looked at each other with the wtf look. I thought maybe the announcers were watching a different game at that point.

Saying "the world now knows your name - Ladell Beckham Junior" was a particular highlight.

The second Bills drive was good too. Penalty on 2nd down left us 2nd and 17. Jets jump offside but Orton completes to Lee Smith for 12 and they decline the penalty leaving 3rd and 5. The referee admittedly indicated incorrectly with his arm when talking to his line judge but then on mic very clearly said penalty against the Jets - declined and indicated that way. The commentator said "oh it must have been on the Bills because it is 3rd and 5 rather than a 1st down.... but it couldn't be a first down because we didn't make the marker. What a complete pair of tools they were.

This one had me rolling on the floor!

Buffalo beels

Close. It's "Beeowes"

Unfortunately, for years now, we have gotten the C and D list broadcasters.

What amazes me is this: broadcasting an NFL game on TV is the dream of about 10 trillion kids in America. Those are competitive jobs and they don't grow on trees.

And yet the B, C, and D list NFL TV announcers have been beyond atrocious going back at least to the mid 1980s.

WTF? I would think there are 1,000 young broadcasters vying for those jobs, and who could a quality job of it too.

It's beyond strange to me.

Unfortunately, for years now, we have gotten the C and D list broadcasters.

What amazes me is this: broadcasting an NFL game on TV is the dream of about 10 trillion kids in America. Those are competitive jobs and they don't grow on trees.

And yet the B, C, and D list NFL TV announcers have been beyond atrocious going back at least to the mid 1980s.

WTF? I would think there are 1,000 young broadcasters vying for those jobs, and who could a quality job of it too.

It's beyond strange to me.

You'd think they'd try to get a better team since we were the only CBS game that day.