Favorite Christmas Gift as a Kid

BringBackFergy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slot cars but i can't find a video so this was my 2nd favorite:

one more favorite: http://www.daisy.com/node/1

it's amazing we never did shoot someones eye out. we'd have wars where you were only supposed to shoot each other from the chest down and not at close range! shooting up models in a cinder block basement wasn't the best idea either.

Edited by birdog1960

The birth of my son in 2009.

I changed my mind...it was the original Nintendo with Robotic Operating System. The stupid robot was useless, but I asked for the Nintendo and never thought for a minute I was going to get it.

I had finished opening all my presents, and my Dad pulled one of those "hey what's that over behind the..." jobs. Awesome memory.

The birth of my son in 2009.

I changed my mind...it was the original Nintendo with Robotic Operating System. The stupid robot was useless, but I asked for the Nintendo and never thought for a minute I was going to get it.

I had finished opening all my presents, and my Dad pulled one of those "hey what's that over behind the..." jobs. Awesome memory.

Yeah, my father did the same thing with the Atari.

There are many but the best one was a gift no one knew where it came from. I got a G.I. Joe on year and was super happy. Then we got dressed and headed to Church. As we pulled out there was another G.I. Joe in the snow in our driveway. As kids we always assumed it fell out Santa's sleigh and he flew to or from our house. I asked my parents years later if it might have been one they lost brining in the gifts from the car and they said no. So maybe there is a Santa Claus.

Second one was a slot car race set. My brother and I were sure we're were going to get one but got shut out. We went to our Grandparent's as always after church to open their crappy gifts. It was usually a $50 bill we had to deposit in the bank. Eff that. Well that year they got us the race set. :thumbsup:

There are many but the best one was a gift no one knew where it came from. I got a G.I. Joe on year and was super happy. Then we got dressed and headed to Church. As we pulled out there was another G.I. Joe in the snow in our driveway. As kids we always assumed it fell out Santa's sleigh and he flew to or from our house. I asked my parents years later if it might have been one they lost brining in the gifts from the car and they said no. So maybe there is a Santa Claus.

Second one was a slot car race set. My brother and I were sure we're were going to get one but got shut out. We went to our Grandparent's as always after church to open their crappy gifts. It was usually a $50 bill we had to deposit in the bank. Eff that. Well that year they got us the race set. :thumbsup:

Great story Jim. Those are the best memories...when Santa was the best thing since sliced bread.

I've got the first incarnation of this game at home. Works perfectly!

I played it at my parents' house this summer. My kids found my Head to Head Football in the basement. Put a new battery in and worked great. I could still do the move where you fake up, fake down, slide through the 3-2 linebacker set and run 80 yards by just sliding up or down quick at the end of the screen before you popped up on the left side of screen again.

Mine was Kiss Alive II... Mostly because I was a huge Kiss fan and my Grandmother bought the album for me and then commenced to chastising me for the cover, calling it "Devils music" lol... But I was always her favorite so she got it for me anyway....

Funny. I was at a roller skating rink when I was a little kid. I asked the DJ if he would play a Metallica song, as his response was something like " kid, we don't play devil worshipper music here." LOL