Favorite Christmas Gift as a Kid

BringBackFergy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playstation 1

Jedi Power Battles was the best game. Still play it every once in a while

I see I am the oldest guy in this thread so far based on the age of the gift I received. I'll wait for DC Tom to chime in with "a new pony that he rode to school" so I can feel better.

A stack of GI Joes, uniforms, and accessories. The original 12 inch ones with the scar on cheek. And the GI Joe Rat Patrol jeep.

Do you still have them? My brother and I got the wooden box with all the clothes (the wet suit, snorkel, etc) and the Jeep. Still have them somewhere.

hey, i was 12 or 13 when i got frampton comes aliive, i was so excited because it was the hottest record out that year

I see I am the oldest guy in this thread so far based on the age of the gift I received. I'll wait for DC Tom to chime in with "a new pony that he rode to school" so I can feel better.

hey, i was 12 or 13 when i got frampton comes aliive, i was so excited because it was the hottest record out that year

That album came out in the late 70's I think so that makes you about 48?? I was born in 1969 so I'm a few years younger...Atari came out in early 80's I think.

I actually can't think of a single Christmas gift I ever got as a kid, but I always loved 'em at the time.

But the Atari 2600 was the best (not Christmas) present ever.

The Holiday season is upon us. What was your favorite present you received as a kid.

Here's mine.

video-game-atari2600.jpg

Hard to say a favorite.

When I was very young:

Rock em Sock em Robots ,

the Hot Wheel thingee where it propelled the car forward when in went thru that little building.

New HO Slot Cars/tracks.

When i got older 11-14

Hockey Sticks

A ticket to a Bills or Sabres Game

That Atari brings back great memories-- but alas, my parents never bought me one (had to play it at my friend's house; and my friend would rarely ever be in the mood to play-- while I was desperate to play it).

But, my parents eventually caved and bought me a Sega (original Sega, not genesis). That has to be be my best Christmas present. It was a total surprise. I never even asked for it.

I used to go to my friend's house to do the same thing. Played Atari Summer Olympics... great memories.

Hard to say a favorite.

When I was very young:

Rock em Sock em Robots ,

the Hot Wheel thingee where it propelled the car forward when in went thru that little building.

New HO Slot Cars/tracks.

When i got older 11-14

Hockey Sticks

A ticket to a Bills or Sabres Game

Hot wheels with the orange tracks and the loop-de-loop brace...we'd set track up from the kitchen counter side by side and have races. Still have my "Maverick" Hot Wheel that would kick everyone's ass. I used to pour a little graphite into the wheels when no one was looking.