Favorite new beer that you have tried recently

yeah I agree, just because Sierra Nevada has become a major player doesn't mean they aren't still a craft brewery, much like Sam Adams and Dogfish Head are still very much craft breweries

Agreed about moosehead, i added that in the "richmonds entire post" thing...but...

sierra nevada is absolutely craft beer...whats your beef with it? because its "too big" - so harpoon and dogfish head are also not craft beery enough for ya either?

if you dont like sierra nevada I feel bad for ya, Celebration is widely regarded as one of the best IPAs but "Beer snobs" the world over, and Torpedo is an excellent year round IPA as well

and again, no where in the thread topic does it exclusively say "craft beer"

but please, enlighten me with what YOU consider to be craft beery enough for ya....

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider anyone a snob for enjoying what they enjoy. I have had several micro (non mass-produced) beers - some that are good, some that are not good. I drink Grey Goose and I drink Bowmans. I drink Patron and I drink Cuervo. So what? I'd never look up to or down on someone that had a different taste than me. You people need to get off of your high horses.

The point of my post was to really comment on the Birch Beer.

that is the exact reason i consider myself a beer geek rather than a beer snob....drink what pleases you, there's plenty to go around

I don't consider anyone a snob for enjoying what they enjoy. I have had several micro (non mass-produced) beers - some that are good, some that are not good. I drink Grey Goose and I drink Bowmans. I drink Patron and I drink Cuervo. So what? I'd never look up to or down on someone that had a different taste than me. You people need to get off of your high horses.

The point of my post was to really comment on the Birch Beer.

For me its Stella Atrois

Amazing beer and I can not get enough.

CBF

Stella was the first Belgian-style beer I ever had and eventually led to my love for wheat beers.

I happened upon this at a restaurant in Lake George and it is absolutely delicious. Upstate Brewing Co., in Elmira, NY makes an Indian Pale Wheat (first I'd heard of this) and I loved it ...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29376/94047/

Stella was the first Belgian-style beer I ever had and eventually led to my love for wheat beers.

I happened upon this at a restaurant in Lake George and it is absolutely delicious. Upstate Brewing Co., in Elmira, NY makes an Indian Pale Wheat (first I'd heard of this) and I loved it ...

http://www.beeradvoc...le/29376/94047/

Stella isn't a belgian style beer or a wheat beer. Stella may refer to their product as a pils, but without anything even resembling hops, I'd say its a light lager all the way.

Stella isn't a belgian style beer or a wheat beer. Stella may refer to their product as a pils, but without anything even resembling hops, I'd say its a light lager all the way.

You're wrong. As shocking as I'm sure that is to you, you are. It is a lager, but it's (historically) a Belgian lager. And I didn't say it was a wheat beer. I said it led to my love for wheat beers. Because of Stella's Belgian heritage, I tried other Belgian beers like Duvel and Tripel Karmeliet, which does include wheat. Eventually, I tried Hoegaarden (another Belgian wheat) and then stumbled upon the IPW I mentioned in my post.

Yes ... I know you know a lot more about beer than I do; that's not in question, nor does it concern me. But saying Stella Artois isn't a Belgian-style beer, when its origins are, in fact, in Belgium - is incorrect.

You're wrong. As shocking as I'm sure that is to you, you are. It is a lager, but it's (historically) a Belgian lager. And I didn't say it was a wheat beer. I said it led to my love for wheat beers. Because of Stella's Belgian heritage, I tried other Belgian beers like Duvel and Tripel Karmeliet, which does include wheat. Eventually, I tried Hoegaarden (another Belgian wheat) and then stumbled upon the IPW I mentioned in my post.

Yes ... I know you know a lot more about beer than I do; that's not in question, nor does it concern me. But saying Stella Artois isn't a Belgian-style beer, when its origins are, in fact, in Belgium - is incorrect.

I must say Gugny, i also do not consider Stella to be a Belgian Style ale. Originally brewed in Belgium , yes.

Having said that, i have not had a beer from a green bottle in a long long time.

And on the Sierra thing, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, in the can, 5.4% ABV, at $12.99 for twelve at Total Wine, is my absolute everyday beer.

Love that beer

With the holiday beer selection in full force, here is what is in the fridge at the moment. Magic Hat Snow Roller, Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale, Fat Head Holly Jolly, Elevator Winter Warmer, Great Divide HIbernation Ale, Bells Winter White, Harpoon Winter Warmer, Great Lakes Christmas Ale, Sam Adams Winter White, and a few more that I can't remember.

I just had the Ballast Point Even Keel last night while watching the Buffalo game....very good session IPA, no where as good as the Sculpin but a mighty fine beer

Have not seen that one Pooj...I like the Schlafly Session IPA...

hate the Terrapin and Centenial ones though.

Actually just prefer the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale over all of them

a buddy at work got me a shlafly, it was available in jersey before it got her in PA, man did I enjoy that beer.

Have not seen that one Pooj...I like the Schlafly Session IPA...

hate the Terrapin and Centenial ones though.

Actually just prefer the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale over all of them

Pliney the Elder. I found a supplier that can get me a case every week. :beer:

Funny, used to be a time many years ago when i would drive tremendous distances for a certain beer, but in the last 5-6 years, so many great beers...if it ain't at the local Total Wine or in the bar i happen to be in...then so be it :thumbsup:

I am drinking whatever they do have

Funny, used to be a time many years ago when i would drive tremendous distances for a certain beer, but in the last 5-6 years, so many great beers...if it ain't at the local Total Wine or in the bar i happen to be in...then so be it :thumbsup:

I am drinking whatever they do have

I don't have to drive far for Pliny. There are a few places that get some every week. However being the contrarian I am I will not participate in that nonsense.