Favorite new beer that you have tried recently

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yummmmm! Sumpin Sumpin is always in the fridge. Now I'll have to try the Extra. Didn't care too much for the Wild though.

Lauguintas "Brown Suggah" weighing in at 9.9%. Does not taste overpowering at all.

http://lagunitas.com.../brown-shugga/#

Lagunitas is my favorite brewery. The Brown Shugga and Little Sumpin are very nice, as is the Pilsner. The IPA and Copper Ale are outstanding.

For my fellow CT peeps: check out Two Roads in Stratford. I've only had the Session IPA and White IPA so far but both are excellent.

sculpin grapefruit releases at my local bottle shop thursday at 6

Hardywood Bourbon Barrel GBS on friday night(along with founders Bourboun KBS), the Hardywood Bourbon is on tap at one of my local bars, but i want to wait to have it in the bottle. Gonna be a good christmas for the Poojer

yum....that and Southern Tier's 2XMAs are two of my fave christmas beers

I bought that one night not realizing it was 8% alcohol... it got me quickly lol

Southern Tier Pumking and Warlock

Big Ditch Hayburner IPA (my good friend's brother is the head brewer so I'm big on their growlers)

As someone mentioned Great Lakes Christmas Ale is very good.

I'm still a sucker for Sam Adams Winter Lager too.

you would need to get to vermont to get some. its really only sold within a few short miles radius of their location. Not sure the regulations of sending beer to canada via the mail.

I really want to try Heady Topper but have no idea how I can get my hands on some here in SW Ontario

BTW, still loving Stella Atrois

CBF

OK HOP LOVERS

just had Evil Twin Brewing Molotov Cocktail LITE (8.5%) at Moor Pat in Williamsville (great, little new pub that has awesome selections on tap and in cans/bottles - check it out) - awesome, awesome, awesome....had it on tap and then in can

this is currently my new favorite beer

Also, I went out trying to find this at local craft beer store, they only had the Molotov Cocktail (13%) and it was no where near as good

Check it out and let me know what you think!!!!

my local pub currently has the higher octane molotov cocktail, i like it, but it's just too big for me to have more than one of them, i will have to check out the lower octane one

OK HOP LOVERS

just had Evil Twin Brewing Molotov Cocktail LITE (8.5%) at Moor Pat in Williamsville (great, little new pub that has awesome selections on tap and in cans/bottles - check it out) - awesome, awesome, awesome....had it on tap and then in can

Also, I went out trying to find this at local craft beer store, they only had the Molotov Cocktail (13%) and it was no where near as good

my local pub currently has the higher octane molotov cocktail, i like it, but it's just too big for me to have more than one of them, i will have to check out the lower octane one

the high octane is just too....malty/heavy for me...tastes too much like malt liquor for my tastes....

seriously get your hands on the LITE if you can, its worth every penny....id be interested on your take considering our very similar beer tastes/palates

OK HOP LOVERS

Ive had a couple Evil Twin beers but no sure if I have had that one. I think with that name I would have remembered. I love getting the big bottles of these different beers. If I want to try one thats what I usually get.

Pooj, in Center City at a place called Tria Tap Room. Awesome list, but more of a scene than this old fart really likes.

Great list, hoping some of these hipsters get the Fug up from the bar so I can eat.

Btw staring my night with a DuPont on tap. Like a sore wiener , just can't beat it.

Edited by plenzmd1

Should have let me know. I like tria

Pooj, in Center City at a place called Tria Tap Room. Awesome list, but more of a scene than this old fart really likes.

Great list, hoping some of these hipsters get the Fug up from the bar so I can eat.

Btw staring my night with a DuPont on tap. Like a sore wiener , just can't beat it.

i enjoy the GBS, my goal is to have the set of 3, GBS, bourbon GBS and rum GBS for my annual guys weekend. I have the 3 sculpins in hand now, gonna be a nice beer event come october.... :-).

Saw the cans of cream ale on the shelf, so damn excited to see Hardywood up here, now if i can get Legends and Lickinghole Creek up to philly, I will be a very happy boy

Nice Pooj. People love the GingerBread Stout. Just not one of my favorites.

Funny, was drinking HRdywood Cream Ale last night. No Genny Screamer, but any port in a storm LOL

• 3 months later...

Went to World of Beer in Syracuse last night and ordered a couple flights of pale ales. Told the waitress to give me whatever she would reccommend. Wow. She knocked it out of the park. All were pretty good, but two might be the best two beers I've ever had.

Sierra Nevada Nooner IPA and Sierra Nevada Hoppy Lager were phenomenal.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Went to World of Beer in Syracuse last night and ordered a couple flights of pale ales. Told the waitress to give me whatever she would reccommend. Wow. She knocked it out of the park. All were pretty good, but two might be the best two beers I've ever had.

Sierra Nevada is a good brewery. I wrote a paper about their operation and sustainability stuff. Really interesting. Applied to work at their new plant in NC but I didn't get the job

I like Southern Tier Helles. Really delicious. The head brewmaster is a friend of mine and he's so good at combining flavors and hops.

had the nooner last friday at, well, my free at noon show....really enjoyed it. My new favorite beer, though, is the Oskar Blues Pinner...awesome IPA, great hop profile