How Much of a "Hometown" Crowd Can We Expect in the Motor City

patfitz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. How do they expect there to be any fans at all? At least Toronto there would be some Bills fans. Plus it's going to be in the 50's Monday. They really couldn't play it here? I find that hard to believe

They say it would normally take 17 days to remove the amount of snow expected. Just pray we don't lose next weeks home game. A game I'm flying home to see. Grrrrrr

I don't get it. How do they expect there to be any fans at all? At least Toronto there would be some Bills fans. Plus it's going to be in the 50's Monday. They really couldn't play it here? I find that hard to believe

You don't get it?? Honestly? There's 440 million pounds of snow at the stadium.

Disappointed it wasnt here in DC...I already gotten permission from the BOSS to not come home after work on Monday..

But in hindsight, even with all the ex-buffaloians here in DC Metro area, Jets fans were only a few hours away. This would have definitely been a Jets home game if it was here.

Detroit and Buffalo are similar cities and similar franchises (no Super Bowl rings). They also have the common characteristic of being near a major US/Canadian Border crossing. Hopefully there will be a large contingent of Canadian Bills fans at the game.

I think some Detroit fans will be there to cheer for the Jets simply because Schwartz is on the Bills' staff. Not expecting a huge turnout though. Probably a few thousand Bills fans. It will be a quiet game for both offenses. If you make it to the game, you should be able to yell specific things at the players on the field and actually have them hear you.