HOUSE

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A dome on the entire County would be good :thumbsup:

It was never my intention to offend anyone here, if you like an open air stadium, so be it. It will cost a billion dollars for 5 months of use per season. That my friend is a total waste of Money. This is like buying a $100,000 Mercedes for use 3 hours on weekends only, SEPTEMBER thru DECEMBER

Or in this case, 10,000 $100,000 Mercedes.... :flirt:

A retractable roof is an expensive option when you consider how often it would be used. I would not mind a permanent roof at all. I'm not buying a PSL to pay for a crappy sunroof, which is all it would be anyway. Even with it open it will still feel like you're indoors.

And yes, you better build that roof to withstand not only feet of snow but hurricane-force winds off the lake. Something that makes retractable roof even more expensive and possibly foolish. (Imagine a rogue gust blowing half the roof off while open.)

Lastly, the only reason so many players live in OP is the stadium. Stay away from the Southtowns. In fact there is one big advantage to NF, less lake snow and wind. Downtown gets less but if the angle of that storm front was a few degrees different all that snow would land there.

sorry this new stadium will be in the heart of pegulacille not NF or any other part of the area.

One issue a dome may collapse from the amount of snow falling

17 inches is what did in the Metrodome....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/metrodome-roof-collapses-snow-nfl-moves-giants-vikings-game-detroit-ford-field-monday-article-1.474641

And yes, you better build that roof to withstand not only feet of snow but hurricane-force winds off the lake. Something that makes retractable roof even more expensive and possibly foolish. (Imagine a rogue gust blowing half the roof off while open.)

I can remember two games in the last 15 years I've had seasons where the Field House was not open before the game because the wind was starting to peel back the roof. One was where they had to fix the goal posts in the middle of the game because the wind was knocking them out of alignment.

No, it won't be. NF will be a terrible location

Yes, that is true. Downtown Buffalo will also be a terrible location.....the traffic pattern will be terrible from a flow point of view. Orchard Park has roads out in four directions, downtown is limited on the water side.....as a season ticket holder, I can tell you I will not be a season ticketholder downtown. Of course, the current snow situation does point out the desireability of a dome. If I were investing my own money in a stadium, I would make it a 12 month facility. Retractable would be nice, but not madatory...that needs thought. As far as preparing for a major snow like this, if its in the design parameters the engineers start with, the roof can be made to withstand the snow...you just have to pay for it. Finally, I have to say this, if such a facility were built with my money (say I was T Pegula and could do that), then, I , for sure ,wouldn't be listening to all this grief about putting all the games on TV...there would be no taxpayer money involved. Edited by bigK14094

I'm a bit split...

On one hand, it'd help winter attendance, since our team doesn't seem like it's going to be a winner anytime soon.

On the other hand, a dome wouldn't clear 7 feet of snow off the ground to help people *get* to the game, and frankly I love football being played in the snow (though we basically never see Buffalo get late season home games anymore)

So....

Meh.

How can I put this.......

The days of an open air stadium is quickly going the way of a Beta VCR, Projection Screen TV's and Blockbuster video stores. The replacement is multi use stadiums for year round use. Its the only way to pay off a Billion dollar stadium.

Now we do have a lot of fans that love sitting outside,tailgating in below zero weather, freezing your rear end off in a stadium that will most likely be half full this Sunday. With this snow storm the Buffalo Bills will most likely meet the Jets without one single day of practice and a LOSS will pretty much eliminate the Bills from the playoffs.

If you are not convinced by now that Buffalo needs a DOME........... the SNOW Gods will drop another 3 feet in Orchard Park sometime today as a reminder.........BUILD A DOME STADIUM YOU DUMMY, THIS IS BUFFALO NEW YORK, NOT TAMPA BAY FLORIDA. :cry:

To the Buffalo fans that will gladly attend this weeks FREEZER BOWL.......You have my complete unwavering respect, you my friend are a diehard. :worthy:

post-19906-0-35679900-1416477034_thumb.jpg

1975 called, they want their reference to covered stadium facilities back.

Besides that, i am in full agreement with a retractable roof.

:thumbsup:

With a new owner, the NFL demanding a new stadium, and the reality of lake effect snow squalls, does the team and politicians expedite construction of a covered stadium (e.g domed or retractable roof)? It will be expensive but it looks like there may be no other choice. Further, with all the press about Buffalo's snow, can you imagine how hard it will be to sign FA's without one?