Global warming err Climate change HOAX

So when an authoritative voice you cite says the problem with some people in the GOP is they don't understand the false sciences that get thrust upon everyone in an effort to receive more funding, what he really means is the GOP is greedy?

Wow. I bet you're one of those people who believes the Democrats who fought to keep slavery were really just Republicans who just didn't know it. :lol:

What is the relationship between the Democrats of 1850 and today?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand why this is such a partisan issue. if it were really about the science, then one would expect that conservatives and liberals would be similarly divided on the issue (discounting the fact that so many conservatives are scientific illiterates). but they clearly are not. i wish someone could tell me why conservatives lean so strongly towards instinctively denying this. do they really like being controlled by unelected industtrialists with no concern for their well being or anyone elses? doesn't make any sense.

The US GOP/Conservative/Fox News etc... is the only place left in the world where people keep on keeping on...and most of the posters on PPP are the distillate....waste of time trying to understand....not to worry my kids generation seems to have a much better grasp on reality....

Edited by baskin

The US GOP/Conservative/Fox News etc... is the only place left in the world where people keep on keeping on...and most of the posters on PPP are the distillate....waste of time trying to understand....not to worry my kids generation seems to have a much better grasp on reality....

You know when that generation will really have a grasp on reality?

When their heads which are the same temperature as yours are rolling down a flight of stairs that's when.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Except that in the United States, on the list of things most Americans are worried about, Global Warming Cooling Climate Change is somewhere between potholes and saving the spotted owl...and the spotted owl is gaining speed.

And given the number of high-profile reports that 'scientists' have been fudging numbers to make the situation look bad, perhaps suggesting that progressives and the MSM are the only ones concerned about this is not something you want to admit out loud.

Which is why everyone mocks the president for saying the Global Warming Cooling Climate Change is the biggest threat to America. Is it possible to be any more out of touch than that?

Wait. Wait.

“One of my core principles is that I will never engage in a politics in which I’m trying to divide people or make them less than me because they look different or have a different religion. That’s a core principle, that’s not something I would violate.”

I stand corrected. He CAN be more out of touch.

Except that in the United States, on the list of things most Americans are worried about, Global Warming Cooling Climate Change is somewhere between potholes and saving the spotted owl...and the spotted owl is gaining speed.

And given the number of high-profile reports that 'scientists' have been fudging numbers to make the situation look bad, perhaps suggesting that progressives and the MSM are the only ones concerned about this is not something you want to admit out loud.

Which is why everyone mocks the president for saying the Global Warming Cooling Climate Change is the biggest threat to America. Is it possible to be any more out of touch than that?

Wait. Wait.

“One of my core principles is that I will never engage in a politics in which I’m trying to divide people or make them less than me because they look different or have a different religion. That’s a core principle, that’s not something I would violate.”

I stand corrected. He CAN be more out of touch.

Well - get out of the country - other people in the world may want to leave their kids a better place and prioritize that - maybe Obama is in that boat - seems like conservative America feels the greatest threats to the Republic are same sex marriage, the assault on the Duggars, Obamacare, voter fraud, gun laws, welfare - when you say everyone - make sure you specify "everyone" is your circle of friends....

Edited by baskin

Well - get out of the country - other people in the world may want to leave their kids a better place and prioritize that - maybe Obama is in that boat - seems like conservative America feels the greatest threats to the Republic are same sex marriage, the assault on the Duggars, Obamacare, voter fraud, gun laws, welfare - when you say everyone - make sure you specify "everyone" is your circle of friends....

You want to leave the world a better place for the kids and think spending trillions of taxpayer dollars based on faulty science is the answer?

Genius plan, there, Skippy.

But hey...nice job trying to change the subject to justify the absolute moronic nature of your grand plan to make the world a better place. :lol:

You want to leave the world a better place for the kids and think spending trillions of taxpayer dollars based on faulty science is the answer?

But hey...nice job trying to change the subject to justify the absolute moronic nature of your grand plan to make the world a better place. :lol:

Somebody remind me again...baskin's the one that keeps claiming to be a conservative, right?

Like all liberals they can't see the trees for the forest. US became the powerhouse of the world, created a real middle class. Became the biggest innovator of pretty much everything all based on freeing the individual. All in record time. That was until up until 50 years ago when the liberal left cancer took hold. What a coincidence things have become progressively worse in every way ever since. But like I said, their heads are to far up their asses to see the obvious.

Somebody remind me again...baskin's the one that keeps claiming to be a conservative, right?

Well, yes and no. He's not a Democrat because he never voted for Obama, but he's also not a Republican who didn't vote for Obama, but rather a socially liberal, fiscally independent, classically trained evader of comprehensive thought who, in spite of not being a Democrat, blames everything Obama has done wrong on every single person in the world...except the Democrats.

I guess that kinda makes him sorta like the Caitlyn Jenner of the Independent party. Thinks one way. Feels another. Likes the feel of nylon.

I guess that kinda makes him sorta like the Caitlyn Jenner of the Independent party. Thinks one way. Feels another. Likes the feel of nylon.

He's a Gary Johnson supporter butthurt that his guy didn't get the nomination.

Bumping this because my mobile version is going back to November 2014... This is the fast way to skip to the last page.

BUT... We are leaving our children a worse world by doing what we are doing! NIMBYism is not helping. I am anything but conservative. I do realize the harm we are doing w/this liberal agenda (Climate Change).

invariably, anyone i've ever met that ever uses the names skippy or chief have been total douch@bags. still looking for an exception...

Like all liberals they can't see the trees for the forest. US became the powerhouse of the world, created a real middle class. Became the biggest innovator of pretty much everything all based on freeing the individual. All in record time. That was until up until 50 years ago when the liberal left cancer took hold. What a coincidence things have become progressively worse in every way ever since. But like I said, their heads are to far up their asses to see the obvious.

currently about 27% of voters id themselves as liberals. about 10% less than those that id themselves as cons. so how did such a small minority cause the downfall of america? what have the other 73% been doing. oh and btw, 27% is the largest number of that group in quite a long time.

invariably, anyone i've ever met that ever uses the names skippy or chief have been total douch@bags. still looking for an exception...

currently about 27% of voters id themselves as liberals. about 10% less than those that id themselves as cons. so how did such a small minority cause the downfall of america? what have the other 73% been doing. oh and btw, 27% is the largest number of that group in quite a long time.

Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting called Will "Chief" several times. So who's the douchebag, Sean or Robin?

Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting called Will "Chief" several times. So who's the douchebag, Sean or Robin?

he's a fictional character and no one iuncluding m has ever met him. is batman a d bag? the hulk? as i recall, chief was used in a scene where will was attacking his therapist re deeply personal matters he cleverly inferred. the therapist was defending himself, albeit inappropriately.

Ironically, this strikes me as the same deep and extensive scientific modeling used by Skippys worldwide to proclaim that global warming cooling climate change is real, and that we can make it stop if we just tax everyone just a little bit more.