Global warming err Climate change HOAX

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's worth a couple minutes of your time.

I've seen this before - I believe there's a longer version of it out there somewhere. Very telling that the MMGW proponents wouldn't even show for the debate. 

On 2/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, B-Man said:

Why do people post fake stories?

On 3/1/2020 at 2:08 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

But yet, the green house crap is never chatted about by our "betters" with regards to China. Why is that? <_<

It is all the time.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:14 AM, B-Man said:

The Academic Blacklist Climate Alarmists Don’t Want You To Know About

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

More fake websites... I don't understand this PPP thing is it to post fake stuff?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gary M said:

https://news.yahoo.com/earth-may-waterworld-without-continents-163010000.html

FTA: Around 3 billion years ago, Earth may have been covered in water – a proverbial "waterworld" – without any continents separating the oceans.

I'm sure the insurance companies that will be paying out trillion$ as the seas levels rise, hurricanes gets even stronger and droughts hit will take comfort in that fact 

39 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Why do people post fake stories?

More fake websites... I don't understand this PPP thing is it to post fake stuff?

I am truly sorry for your apparent limited capacities

The sites that I linked to are well established, with experienced writers

Both articles have multiple direct quotes and links to sources.

This is actually a great example of why I post articles that many PPP people have probably not seen or read. For informational purposes.

Those who dismiss them out of hand or mischaracterize them out of ignorance are quickly exposed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am truly sorry for your apparent limited capacities

The sites that I linked to are well established, with experienced writers

Both articles have multiple direct quotes and links to sources.

This is actually a great example of why I post articles that many PPP people have probably not seen or read. For informational purposes.

Those who dismiss them out of hand or mischaracterize them out of ignorance are quickly exposed.

You post fake bull####... You can't be this dumb.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Sad 1

It’s Time for Conservatives to Own the Climate-Change Issue

National Review, by Dan Crenshaw

Original Article

There is an interesting political tactic often employed by the Left, and it follows a predictable pattern. First, identify a problem most of us can agree on. Second, elevate the problem to a crisis. Third, propose an extreme solution to said crisis that inevitably results in a massive transfer of power to government authorities. Fourth, watch as conservatives take the bait and vociferously reject the extreme solutions proposed. Fifth and finally, accuse those same conservatives of being too heartless or too stupid to solve the original problem on which we all thought we agreed.

This is the pattern we have seen play out with respect to climate change. With ever-more-extreme “solutions” such as the Green New Deal being proposed, conservatives have quickly taken the bait, falling into the tired political trap set by leftists. But I believe we no longer have to do this. We can fight back against the alarmism with tangible solutions based on reason, science, and the free market.

I recently joined House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy in unveiling a proposal that takes existing innovative technologies — ones that have proven to reduce emissions here in the United States — that the U.S. can then market and export to the world. After all, climate change is a global issue, and with global energy demand expected to increase by 25 percent over the next 20 years, there is a distinct need for the U.S. to export cleaner energy sources to the developing world, as well as to the biggest CO2 emitters, such as China and India. Crushing our own economy, as the Green New Deal would have us do, will not stop worldwide growth in emissions or decrease worldwide energy demand.

{snip}

It is long past time for conservatives to point out the flawed reasoning of the radical environmentalists. Their dogmatic obsession with a wind-and-solar-only energy grid leads them to foolishly denounce other sources of carbon-free energy such as nuclear power. They call for a ban on fracking, thus ignoring the massive carbon-reducing effect of natural gas. They also ignore the simple fact that, right now, only fossil fuels can deliver the economic production the world relies upon. As Bill Gates astutely asks those who advocate fiercely for wind and solar, “What’s your plan for steel?

That is why conservatives must make the case for what has actually worked. Owing in part to the shale revolution and our emergence as a natural-gas superpower, the U.S. has reduced carbon emissions by around 15 percent since 2005. Contrast that success with countries such as Germany, which dove headfirst into renewables with a $580 billion investment, but still saw an increase in per capita emissions. Why? After the self-imposed destruction of its own energy supply, Germany was forced to rely on Russian gas, which has a 40 percent higher carbon footprint than American natural gas. Good intentions and dogmatic obsessions with eliminating fossil fuels have utterly failed the environmental cause, yet activists continue to faithfully cling to them. The notion of “focusing on what works” has been lost in the conversation.

Calls for a carbon tax are similarly misguided. Even if we were to implement a carbon tax, such a policy might inadvertently increase emissions as our cleaner, better-regulated American oil-and-gas industry potentially cedes market share to less clean Russian and Saudi producers. At the risk of stating the obvious, the developing world won’t stop demanding energy just because we decide to tax ourselves more.

Conservatives can either tackle the issue of carbon emissions sensibly by proposing workable solutions, or run the risk of allowing the Democrats to do it for us — with policies that would offer marginal environmental benefits at a devastating cost to the economy.

As Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.), my colleague, said of this dichotomy, “If you don’t like the Green New Deal, then come up with your own ambitious, on-scale proposal to address the global climate crisis. Until then, we’re in charge.”

We don’t want them in charge. It’s time to start promoting conservative solutions. The New Energy Frontier is exactly that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It’s Time for Conservatives to Own the Climate-Change Issue

National Review, by Dan Crenshaw

Original Article

There is an interesting political tactic often employed by the Left, and it follows a predictable pattern. First, identify a problem most of us can agree on. Second, elevate the problem to a crisis. Third, propose an extreme solution to said crisis that inevitably results in a massive transfer of power to government authorities. Fourth, watch as conservatives take the bait and vociferously reject the extreme solutions proposed. Fifth and finally, accuse those same conservatives of being too heartless or too stupid to solve the original problem on which we all thought we agreed.

This is the pattern we have seen play out with respect to climate change. With ever-more-extreme “solutions” such as the Green New Deal being proposed, conservatives have quickly taken the bait, falling into the tired political trap set by leftists. But I believe we no longer have to do this. We can fight back against the alarmism with tangible solutions based on reason, science, and the free market.

I recently joined House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy in unveiling a proposal that takes existing innovative technologies — ones that have proven to reduce emissions here in the United States — that the U.S. can then market and export to the world. After all, climate change is a global issue, and with global energy demand expected to increase by 25 percent over the next 20 years, there is a distinct need for the U.S. to export cleaner energy sources to the developing world, as well as to the biggest CO2 emitters, such as China and India. Crushing our own economy, as the Green New Deal would have us do, will not stop worldwide growth in emissions or decrease worldwide energy demand.

{snip}

It is long past time for conservatives to point out the flawed reasoning of the radical environmentalists. Their dogmatic obsession with a wind-and-solar-only energy grid leads them to foolishly denounce other sources of carbon-free energy such as nuclear power. They call for a ban on fracking, thus ignoring the massive carbon-reducing effect of natural gas. They also ignore the simple fact that, right now, only fossil fuels can deliver the economic production the world relies upon. As Bill Gates astutely asks those who advocate fiercely for wind and solar, “What’s your plan for steel?

That is why conservatives must make the case for what has actually worked. Owing in part to the shale revolution and our emergence as a natural-gas superpower, the U.S. has reduced carbon emissions by around 15 percent since 2005. Contrast that success with countries such as Germany, which dove headfirst into renewables with a $580 billion investment, but still saw an increase in per capita emissions. Why? After the self-imposed destruction of its own energy supply, Germany was forced to rely on Russian gas, which has a 40 percent higher carbon footprint than American natural gas. Good intentions and dogmatic obsessions with eliminating fossil fuels have utterly failed the environmental cause, yet activists continue to faithfully cling to them. The notion of “focusing on what works” has been lost in the conversation.

Calls for a carbon tax are similarly misguided. Even if we were to implement a carbon tax, such a policy might inadvertently increase emissions as our cleaner, better-regulated American oil-and-gas industry potentially cedes market share to less clean Russian and Saudi producers. At the risk of stating the obvious, the developing world won’t stop demanding energy just because we decide to tax ourselves more.

Conservatives can either tackle the issue of carbon emissions sensibly by proposing workable solutions, or run the risk of allowing the Democrats to do it for us — with policies that would offer marginal environmental benefits at a devastating cost to the economy.

As Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.), my colleague, said of this dichotomy, “If you don’t like the Green New Deal, then come up with your own ambitious, on-scale proposal to address the global climate crisis. Until then, we’re in charge.”

We don’t want them in charge. It’s time to start promoting conservative solutions. The New Energy Frontier is exactly that.

Some of us here for years have been promoting the use of natural gas to bridge the way into other renewable energy sources. Whether that bridge lasts 10 years or a 100 years it is a viable solution to reducing our carbon imprint. Fracking just made this a lot more viable. Not only that but the success of fracking has made us energy independent and a net supplier of energy to the world. As an added (big one) benefit it reduces the energy factor from our considerations in regards to the Middle East and gives us a club to use when Russia starts theirshit. Life is good.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some of us here for years have been promoting the use of natural gas to bridge the way into other renewable energy sources. Whether that bridge lasts 10 years or a 100 years it is a viable solution to reducing our carbon imprint. Fracking just made this a lot more viable. Not only that but the success of fracking has made us energy independent and a net supplier of energy to the world. As an added (big one) benefit it reduces the energy factor from our considerations in regards to the Middle East and gives us a club to use when Russia starts theirshit. Life is good.

FYI, fracking has been utilized for many decades, it's not a new invention.

The biggest revolution in the oil and gas industry has had in the past couple of decades has been horizontal drilling.

That has allowed us to more efficiently utilize, deploy, and develop fracking potential.

Horizontal drilling is what has allowed us to access previously unavailable reservoirs in a more efficient and economic manner.

Here's a hint people:  Conservatives are never going to own any issues in this country until the Left releases their strangle hold on Public Education and the Media.

It's all about Central Control....and always will be on the Left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1