Kiko gets his own snow thread because KIKO

YoloinOhio

Honest question: besides a few errant throws that landed right in his lap, was Kiko's rookie season THAT much more impressive than Preston Brown's has been? Not saying Brown's has been better but people forget that Kiko really cooled off after the first six games or so last year. Either way, I am psyched to have both of them starting next year.

Honest question: besides a few errant throws that landed right in his lap, was Kiko's rookie season THAT much more impressive than Preston Brown's has been? Not saying Brown's has been better but people forget that Kiko really cooled off after the first six games or so last year. Either way, I am psyched to have both of them starting next year.

Kiko is more athletic and a play maker. Brown has had a good season, but Kiko is so quick. I'm really excited to see both of them in action

he made some big time plays that didn't land in his lap too. He really stood out. Brown has been very reliable but could also trail off at the end of the season which is typical of rooks playing a ton if snaps.

he made some big time plays that didn't land in his lap too. He really stood out. Brown has been very reliable but could also trail off at the end of the season which is typical of rooks playing a ton if snaps.

Fair enough. The time where he dove over everyone but missed the tackle against Cleveland and then the incredible game-saving interception against Baltimore come to mind. But really I thought Alonso was a tad overrated and I think Brown is certainly underrated so far. We'll see. But again, I think both are starters for us for a long time.

Brown is not a drop back and cover guy like Alonso.

Remember a few years ago when we were all getting this hyped story about how great Bryan Scott is going to be playing this hybrid SS/LB role? Alonso is what we dreamed of in that role. He has the ability to swing his hips quickly and the speed to cover meaning that wherever he needs to get then he will be able to get there. His hands and ability to play the ball is akin to a SS. Assuming his knee is alright and once he knocks off the rust there will be no doubts to how good Alonso is - and that is a major reason that Byrd looked so good here last season. Last year Byrd was playing some of the worst ball in his career for long stretches in a game. Alonso made up for it by playing the middle of the field that Byrd could not get.

Brown is a solid Jack Linebacker. He does not excel at one thing very easily and is a major reason that I believe we are going to be ok on defense if we switched to a 34 (assuming we keep Spikes). Spikes at MLB, Mario at SLB, Brown at Jack, Alonso at WLB. If Spikes is gone then Brown to MLB and Bradham at JLB. At backup we're set with Lawson filling in at SLB or WLB. Ty Powell being ready at Jack or Mike. And Rivers being that veteran that could fill in about anywhere in a pinch.

We're set for 2015 with more talent at LB then we will know what to do. It would not surprise me that if Marrone were to stay someone like Bradham gets traded for a draft pick or OL.

The ball finds Kiko....Kiko does not find the ball

That said.....Preston Brown has been REALLY impressive......so Im really looking forward to the two of them on the field together. Then you throw in Bradham....OMG

Remember a few years ago when we were all getting this hyped story about how great Bryan Scott is going to be playing this hybrid SS/LB role? Alonso is what we dreamed of in that role. He has the ability to swing his hips quickly and the speed to cover meaning that wherever he needs to get then he will be able to get there. His hands and ability to play the ball is akin to a SS. Assuming his knee is alright and once he knocks off the rust there will be no doubts to how good Alonso is - and that is a major reason that Byrd looked so good here last season. Last year Byrd was playing some of the worst ball in his career for long stretches in a game. Alonso made up for it by playing the middle of the field that Byrd could not get.

Brown is a solid Jack Linebacker. He does not excel at one thing very easily and is a major reason that I believe we are going to be ok on defense if we switched to a 34 (assuming we keep Spikes). Spikes at MLB, Mario at SLB, Brown at Jack, Alonso at WLB. If Spikes is gone then Brown to MLB and Bradham at JLB. At backup we're set with Lawson filling in at SLB or WLB. Ty Powell being ready at Jack or Mike. And Rivers being that veteran that could fill in about anywhere in a pinch.

We're set for 2015 with more talent at LB then we will know what to do. It would not surprise me that if Marrone were to stay someone like Bradham gets traded for a draft pick or OL.

Never intimated that they were similar players or played the same position, simply stating that I wasn't that much more impressed with Alonso last year than I am with Brown this year. And I don't know why they would switch to the 3-4. The 4-3 seems to be working pretty well right now and our coordinator uses it exclusively. If we can generate the same type of pass rush and be worlds better against the run, it would seem to me we've found a scheme that suits our personnel well.

The INTs cooked off or sure; I'll say that if you want to see how good he really was, go back and watch that KC game from last year. He was absolutely unbelievable...stifled their running game and screen game almost single-handedly.

He did suffer from overaggressiveness and general body breakdown as the year wore on, so I do know what you mean.

He was a difference maker for sure though.

I get a kick from these posts. right in the shinbone !

But this is damned fine look at the Bills as they sit.

Switching to at least a hybrid D with 3-4 players as you have scouted for us , is not to be tossed off. Schwartz is able to flex his thinking. i would suggest he has done so this season . But stacked with linebackers for once in a long time. I think that's a Whaley influence personally. Brown gave of some Big plays early in the season and drove me nuts. But he really has become a damned fine linebacker who can move around. J has identified the only weakness at this point would be coverage. And heck he is getting much much better at that. I mean he is no Brandon Spikes .

Alonso back and our front four ? I dont think you need a secondary.

Oh Snap. we already have a good secondary

The INTs cooked off or sure; I'll say that if you want to see how good he really was, go back and watch that KC game from last year. He was absolutely unbelievable...stifled their running game and screen game almost single-handedly.

He did suffer from overaggressiveness and general body breakdown as the year wore on, so I do know what you mean.

this is a fair call.

but heck yes offenses knew where he was. And late in the season, they did attack him. 100 % of plays wasn't it ?

Is Brown still on track for same percent of plays. Plus special teams ??

Mario Williams is going to restructure his contract to just keep the front seven. mark my word.

Definitely a good fit at WLB. Can't wait to see him flourish next season in this defense. This is with the hope that both Hughes and Schwartz are back of course.