Adrian Peterson Suspended for Remainder of 2014 Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He admitted to beating his son.

He admitted to smoking the pot.

And people take issue with the commissioner of the NFL suspending him? Is a person like AP someone you'd want representing a company you're in charge of? A company heavily-reliant on advertising dollars?

I don't like Goodell. I think his inconsistency with regard to how he disciplines players is a joke, too.

But I'm not going to criticize him for suspending a scumbag like Adrian Peterson.

And people take issue with the commissioner of the NFL suspending him? Is a person like AP someone you'd want representing a company you're in charge of? A company heavily-reliant on advertising dollars?

I don't like Goodell. I think his inconsistency with regard to how he disciplines players is a joke, too.

But I'm not going to criticize him for suspending a scumbag like Adrian Peterson.

I take issue with Goodell suspending him on a whim. For suggesting he didn't say "sorry," enough to be reinstated. For fulfilling his assumed role as the moral standard bearer, of which he has no right. For feeling the need to go past the US judicial system again.

AP disciplined his son the way he was, yes it was overboard. AP smoked a plant that is legal in a few states and more every year. Goodell watched Ray Rice knock a woman out and gave him 2 games. I think you're a joke most days but now you're a clown.

I'm for legalization of marijuana, hero boy, so untie your breasts, soldier.

This isn't about Ray Rice. Pay attention, jarhead.

Recreational use of marijuana is legal in 2 states; not a few. And Peterson admitted to smoking it in neither state.

Furthermore, it's against the league rules, so the legality of it in two states is irrelevant.

Ooh rah rah.

AP disciplined his son the way he was, yes it was overboard. AP smoked a plant that is legal in a few states and more every year. Goodell watched Ray Rice knock a woman out and gave him 2 games. I think you're a joke most days but now you're a clown.

Goodell got it wrong once with Rice. He didn't make the same mistake twice

Lots of posters got a lot of sympathy for AP. Not many mention the child. Nice

Goodell got it wrong once with Rice. He didn't make the same mistake twice

Lots of posters got a lot of sympathy for AP. Not many mention the child. Nice

So he got it right this time?

Oh, and nice job trying to call out the moral centers of posters. Because when we talk about the suspension of a football player, who woulda thunk we'd talk more about the football player?

Look up the last elections once you take your head out of your ass

People can elect pot?

The people in several other states elected pot to be legal. It's hard enough being gugny without having to think about things outside his bubble so it's understandable.

Two. In two other states. Laws that have not yet gone into effect. Therefore, the total remains ... two.

Stay on topic, soldier.

How did Adrian Peterson get "wronged?" If you have a child, how would you want a person to be punished if said person beat your child the way Peterson beat his?

I'll tell you one thing ... anyone ever does that to my son, a job suspension will be the least of his worries.

Edited by Gugny

Roger Goodell was right to drop hammer on Adrian Peterson; now NFL needs to educate

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roger-goodell-was-right-to-drop-hammer-on-adrian-peterson--now-nfl-needs-to-educate-152857241.html

First, the injury was inflicted on a child who was only [4] years old, Goodell started, like a prosecutor, before unnecessarily painting out the facts of the case that Peterson doesn't deny. The difference in size and strength between you and the child is significant, and your actions clearly caused physical injury to the child.

While an adult may have a number of options when confronted with abuse, to flee, to fight back, or to seek help from law enforcement, none of those options is realistically available to a [4]-year-old child. Further, the injury inflicted on your son includes the emotional and psychological trauma to a young child who suffers criminal physical abuse at the hands of his father.

Second, the repetitive use of a switch in this instance is the functional equivalent of a weapon, particularly in the hands of someone with the strength of an accomplished professional athlete.

Third, you have shown no meaningful remorse for your conduct, the commissioner concluded. When indicted, you acknowledged what you did but said that you would not eliminate whooping my kids and defended your conduct in numerous published text messages to the childs mother. You also said that you felt very confident with my actions because I know my intent.

These comments raise the serious concern that you do not fully appreciate the seriousness of your conduct, or even worse, that you may feel free to engage in similar conduct in the future.

Edited by papazoid

You brought up weed like it's on the same level.

A man disciplining his child how he was disciplined is a pretty awful way to judge him, either your Dad beat you really good and you're mad (go Dad) or you're a baby (which makes sense since you're Navy)

Back on topic (my apologies for falling into the fake soldier's trap):

He broke laws. He broke NFL rules. His punishment is appropriate and Goodell is smart to get him out of the league for the rest of the season.

Goodell's failures as the Commissioner is probably in another thread, but I think everyone can agree his handling of disciplinary actions has been horrible.

Edited by Gugny

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be punished, just surprised by the outcome.

The NFL does seem to be flying by the seat of their pants though. I do have an issue with that

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be punished, just surprised by the outcome.

The NFL does seem to be flying by the seat of their pants though. I do have an issue with that

No offense (and this isn't all meant for you Cap), but I'm pretty tired of this cliche and the endless parade of similar comments. How else exactly are they supposed to fly? There are an infinite number of possible actions and degrees of severity that could result in suspension. Someone above said they should have a rubric for punishment. How the hell is that possible? The league is supposed to define every possible violation and codify a response? It's all Goodell's fault they don't have a "what happens if you beat your 4 year old with a stick" policy or a "what happens if you punched your wife in the face again but this time it happened to be caught on film" policy?

It must be great to work where some of you guys do -- where absolutely everything is run perfectly, there is never any need to make any type of judgement call or have anything done on the fly, and every decision is perfectly in sync and completely supported by all prior actions and existing policies.

And this doesn't even start to address the people who are obviously just upset because some child-abusing scumbag will *gasp* miss a few football games. Get some !@#$ing perspective folks.

No offense (and this isn't all meant for you Cap), but I'm pretty tired of this cliche and the endless parade of similar comments. How else exactly are they supposed to fly? There are an infinite number of possible actions and degrees of severity that could result in suspension. Someone above said they should have a rubric for punishment. How the hell is that possible? The league is supposed to define every possible violation and codify a response? It's all Goodell's fault they don't have a "what happens if you beat your 4 year old with a stick" policy or a "what happens if you punched your wife in the face again but this time it happened to be caught on film" policy?

It must be great to work where some of you guys do -- where absolutely everything is run perfectly, there is never any need to make any type of judgement call or have anything done on the fly, and every decision is perfectly in sync and completely supported by all prior actions and existing policies.

And this doesn't even start to address the people who are obviously just upset because some child-abusing scumbag will *gasp* miss a few football games. Get some !@#$ing perspective folks.

I get what you are saying and you make a valid point. It is really tough to make these types of calls and I don't envy Roger (besides his paycheck). I just think they botched some situations lately with Rice, Hardy and now AP.

To me his original agreement to step away with pay basically said they would reinstate him after his case was resolved and I assumed there would be a stiff fine on top of it. Time served comes to mind. What I think this does is basically encourage players to keep playing instead of stepping away. If you are going to get suspended anyway, why do the NFL a solid? Thats my thinking as to why this makes little sense. They should have just suspended him outright if that was their plan. JMO

As to your final point, I got into a very heated argument at the vikings game with a fan wearing an AP jersey after he gave me **** for wearing an EJ jersey. My main argument was, the guy I'm wearing isn't a great QB. The guy your wearing beat a 4 year old. How can you support that clown? (Other words were used)

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Excellent post.

I get what you are saying and you make a valid point. It is really tough to make these types of calls and I don't envy Roger (besides his paycheck). I just think they botched some situations lately with Rice, Hardy and now AP.

To me his original agreement to step away with pay basically said they would reinstate him after his case was resolved and I assumed there would be a stiff fine on top of it. Time served comes to mind. What I think this does is basically encourage players to keep playing instead of stepping away. If you are going to get suspended anyway, why do the NFL a solid? Thats my thinking as to why this makes little sense. They should have just suspended him outright if that was their plan. JMO

As to your final point, I got into a very heated argument at the vikings game with a fan wearing an AP jersey after he gave me **** for wearing an EJ jersey. My main argument was, the guy I'm wearing isn't a great QB. The guy your wearing beat a 4 year old. How can you support that clown? (Other words were used)

"Keep playing" wasn't an option.