Adrian Peterson Suspended for Remainder of 2014 Season

26CornerBlitz

You don't get it. I mean, you really don't get it. That's kind of sad because it's been explained many times in great detail. But stick to your simple narrative if it makes you feel good.

What a moronic statement. Given your pathetic *waah, I don't like the NFL anymore* whining and your head in the sand approach to the realities of the NFL's PR issues, it's apparent you have the simple narrative and the need to feel better.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a moronic statement. Given your pathetic *waah, I don't like the NFL anymore* whining and your head in the sand approach to the realities of the NFL's PR issues, it's apparent you have the simple narrative and the need to feel better.

I'll take your accusations one at a time:

1. You can call it whining if you want. I'm expressing how I feel. I used to be a huge baseball fan, but in the late 90s it stopped being fun so I stopped watching. They never got me back. Boxing lost me about a decade ago. I'm not suggesting you stop watching football; just expressing why I'm finding that I no longer enjoy something that was once, and recently, one of my favorite hobbies. If that means I'm whining then so be it.

2. You're conflating the issue. On one hand you argue it's a PR issue, on the other you're arguing morality, and you're weaving in between the two without a distinction. Which is it? I happen to think your take on the "reality" of the NFL's PR position is flat wrong. I think the equivocation made it worse. They caved to the pressure and in doing so validated all the criticisms cast their way. There was a better way. You can disagree. That's not the part I take issue with.

It's your mischaracterization of an argument you don't understand that is most disappointing. You claim that people such as myself who have a problem with ad hoc punishment being handed out willy nilly by the commissioner to appease the perceived thirst of the mob are lying about our position and are really just concerned with whether Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, etc. play football. That's not even close to accurate, and quite frankly, it's insulting. If you understood the argument you wouldn't say that. If you feel offended for being told that bluntly that's too bad.

Edited by Rob's House

• 3 weeks later...

The NFLPA expected this outcome, given the hearing officers relationship and financial ties to the NFL, the union said in a statement released Friday. The decision itself ignores the facts, the evidence and the collective bargaining agreement. This decision also represents the NFLs repeated failure to adhere to due process and confirms its inconsistent treatment of players. Our union is considering immediate legal remedies.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/12/nflpa-disputes-peterson-ruling-plots-next-legal-move/

Edited by papazoid

Adrian Peterson: Maybe I'll retire from the NFL, run in the Olympics

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/13/adrian-peterson-maybe-ill-retire-from-the-nfl-run-in-the-olympics/

hilarious....maybe AP should just concentrate on meeting the conditions of his return.

his 2015 CAP hit is $15.4 mil and only $2.4 in DEAD money if they cut him.

he's done in minn. he's untradeable with that contract.

Edited by papazoid

Talk about biting one's nose off to spite their face- Josh Gordon is one of the most exciting NFL players I have ever seen and Adrian is arguably the best running back in history. Both are the new NFL- big, fast, and highly skilled