Josh McDaniels

machinist

Yeah, well I started a post advocating for Buffalo to get him, especially if we're stuck with Orton. Seeing that he coached him before and that he was an apprentice of Belichick and being in our own division I believe that McDaniels would be a great hire. This Marrone has got to go, he's such a buzz killer. Our defense flies around, which I believe is because of Schwartz not Marrone and our offense is a joke. We need new blood and young blood to get some energy going.

Just getting a feel for what Buffalonians think about him. Seems like it could either go really good or really bad with no middle ground. Figured his stint in Denver and the Tebow love fest might be put into the "cons" column. I have a feeling there will not be big changes at One Bills Drive after the season and that there is only a slim possibility of Hackett being canned. My concern is Shwartz receiving a shot at a HC position as there seem to be a lot of teams that may be looking to make a change.

Ran the offense in DEN as HC and STL as OC. Didn't look so great at either stop. Wasted a #1 pick on Tebow. NE Coordinators, including McDaniels, have a history of failure as HCs of other NFL teams. Pass.

I'd like to expand this thought a bit if I may. Is it just me, or does it seem awfully strange that none of the coordinators under Belichick have had much success elsewhere? Weiss, Crommell, McDaniels,....none have made it as head coaches anywhere. Furthermore, I think about how some of the players that were so good in NE but not elsewhere: Cassel, Branch, Law, Seymore...to name a few. Is this all coincidence? Forgive my suspicion (and my terrible spelling) but I have a hard time believing that NE still doesn't have integrity issues.

I'd like to expand this thought a bit if I may. Is it just me, or does it seem awfully strange that none of the coordinators under Belichick have had much success elsewhere? Weiss, Crommell, McDaniels,....none have made it as head coaches anywhere. Furthermore, I think about how some of the players that were so good in NE but not elsewhere: Cassel, Branch, Law, Seymore...to name a few. Is this all coincidence? Forgive my suspicion (and my terrible spelling) but I have a hard time believing that NE still doesn't have integrity issues.

You can add Belichick had no success elsewhere without Brady. Brady made Belichick. He may be a fantastic DC but he is an overrated HC. The Patriots dynasty is all about Brady. Only Montana is in his league. If Rodgers wins a couple more Championships he might enter the discussion but that is unlikely.

You can add Belichick had no success elsewhere without Brady. Brady made Belichick. He may be a fantastic DC but he is an overrated HC. The Patriots dynasty is all about Brady. Only Montana is in his league. If Rodgers wins a couple more Championships he might enter the discussion but that is unlikely.

I would actually disagree. They wouldn't exist without one another. If Brady doesn't have the ability to lean on the defense during the 2001, 2003 and 2004 season, there is no way they make the dance. Frankly, the teams they put a whooping on during those seasons didn't exactly have respectable or stellar defenses. And vice-versa, if Billy boy doesn't have Tommy the past 5-6 years, I highly doubt that he would even be around.

In essence, their scenario was just destined to be intertwined. One would not be without the other.

It's like they know what plays are coming from the other team.

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0985467002

You are not alone.

Let's not forget Scott Pioli in KC...utter failure at GM.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

It doesn't matter who the Pats OC is, they have Brady. Same thing in Denver with Manning. These are two NFL Hall of Fame QBs who have seen it all/done it all.

I think Marrone's biggest problem was bringing Hackett with him. He sucks. He's way too predictable, then tries to do something cute but the Defense was expecting anyway. He always seems to attack an opponent's strength which leads to a whole lot of three and outs. "It's a terrible run D? Let's air it out!" That said, I doubt he's going anywhere. Now, if we are able to find a Manning/Brady somewhere in the draft, it won't matter who the OC is once they grow into themselves.

Brady is an all time great QB. No question.

But BB is the brains of that operation IMO.

When I look at that team, I'm pretty sure they would be outstanding even with a lesser quarterback.

Ran the offense in DEN as HC and STL as OC. Didn't look so great at either stop. Wasted a #1 pick on Tebow. NE Coordinators, including McDaniels, have a history of failure as HCs of other NFL teams. Pass.

Couldn't be any worse than our OC i'll take him over Hackett & if he does better here with our offense then make him a HC ...

By the way who determined that the Teabow pick was any worse than the EJ pick ? Hell i'd say the Teabow pick was a bit better at least he could rally the troops in crunch time to win & he took them to the play offs .

Plus one for Teabow !!

Edited by T master

Couldn't be any worse than our OC i'll take him over Hackett & if he does better here with our offense then make him a HC ...

By the way who determined that the Teabow pick was any worse than the EJ pick ? Hell i'd say the Teabow pick was a bit better at least he could rally the troops in crunch time to win & he took them to the play offs .

Plus one for Teabow !!

They were both terrible picks that call into serious question the competence of those who made them.

McDaniels had some successes in his drafts too. I think there were still 10 players he drafted/signed as UDFAs on last year's Super Bowl Broncos team. He was clearly too immature to be a head coach the first time around. He'll get his second shot very soon, and while I would prefer others (Gary Kubiak for one), I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in next year.