Week 12: Jets' Game Preparation - MNF in DET at 7 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones that can make it in practice indoors, whats the big deal. It is supposed to be in the 50's Sunday. Unless there are flooding issues I fail to see what the big deal is.

Would the league really postpone the game simply because some of the Bills couldn't make it to practice?

i think the issue is that most of the team lives where there is a travel ban. And those that do live in the north towns or downtown wouldn't be able to get there either today.

@buffalobills

Jets coach Rex Ryan via conf. call: “It’s hard to imagine what the people of #Buffalo are going through. It’s hard to fathom.” #BuffaloSnow

@RapSheet

Even with snowpocalypse for #Bills, plan is still a 1 pm kickoff Sunday vs #Jets. They are working on snow removal but more expected tonight

@buffalobills

#Bills SVP of Communications Scott Berchtold: "We are preparing to play this game at RWS at 1, just as we always have"

Doug Marrone: #Bills are video taping coaches gameplan info to the team and distributing digitally.

Doug Marrone: "With the driving ban, we're not putting anyone in jeopardy. It's a safety issue first."

Doug Marrone: "I can't say enough about the people of #Buffalo. Words can't describe it, everyone is just helping each other" #GoodNeighbors

Doug Marrone on the practice/team schedule for the rest of the week: "We really don't know exactly what's going to happen"

Marrone: "We're doing the best we can, just like everyone else in the area" #snowvember #BuffaloSnow

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

Marrone: "We're doing the best we can, just like everyone else in the area" #snowvember #BuffaloSnow

#Bills injury report will be an estimation of participation. DE Jarius Wynn would be the only player unable to participate.

Doug Marrone and the #Bills staff plan to sleep at the team facility: "We have it better than a lot of people"

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

Want to help clear the Ralph? We're looking for snow shovelers. Pay is $10/hour + game tickets. Call 716-636-4840 for details.

#Bills VP of Operations Andy Major: "We can't have too many people helping. We won't be turning anyone away"

#Bills VP Andy Major: "Removing snow and having snow fall at the same time, we'll go 24/7, triple shifts to be ready" #LetsGoBuffalo

The @NFL, not the #Bills, will determine contingency plans if RWS cannot host Sunday's game.

Just how much snow needs to be removed? 220,000 TONS, enough to fill the @ADPROSports Complex 8 times over.

B20phHlIIAA0Q16.jpg

#Bills VP Andy Major: "We are sparing no expense to clear the stadium and make it safe"

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

How much of an advantage does this give the Jets (if any) of having the Bills normal weekly routine negatively impacted by this weather?

We often hear about/see teams performing poorly on Sunday when they have a bad week of practice. I can't imagine it's a good thing to have almost no practice. The timing, game planning, etc.. are all messed up and players are more preoccupied by shoveling snow and tweeting than they are preparing. Gotta be a disadvantage.

We often hear about/see teams performing poorly on Sunday when they have a bad week of practice. I can't imagine it's a good thing to have almost no practice. The timing, game planning, etc.. are all messed up and players are more preoccupied by shoveling snow and tweeting than they are preparing. Gotta be a disadvantage.

I totally agree, the Jets should be better prepared!! Hope it does not translate in to poor play and a poor game plan. GO BILLS

If i was a betting man, i'd take the Jets and the points in this one....assuming they are still getting points. Not only because of the snow and lack of prep time for Buffalo...but they were embarrassed by the Bills last time out and won't be -6 turnovers again.

Jets focused on ball security

The New York Jets are still a minus-11 in turnover margin this season, but their last outing showed what Rex Ryan’s team is capable of when they protect the football.

The Jets beat one of the hottest offensive teams in football in Week 10 (Jets had a Week 11 bye) when they defeated Pittsburgh 20-13. They did in large part thanks to winning the turnover battle by a count of 4-0. New York scored 14 points off turnovers in the game and jumped out to a 17-3 lead and their defense was stout when it came to keeping the Steelers out of the end zone. Ben Roethlisberger threw for almost 350 yards, but had just one touchdown pass.

@DWAZ73

Rex says he hasn't thought about advantage #Jets might have from #Bills not being able to practice. "I hope so," he jokes "Nah, I'm kiddin'"

@KMart_LI

Asked if being unable to practice is a disadvantage to #Bills, Rex said he hadn't thought of that. Pauses, then adds: "Hopes so." #jets

I suppose we are lucky that we are playing a more familiar division foe rather than some NFC club this week. At least the players have already done some hw on the Jets earlier this season.

I suppose we are lucky that we are playing a more familiar division foe rather than some NFC club this week. At least the players have already done some hw on the Jets earlier this season.

That's what I thought about when we played Miami on TNF :cry:

However, we did just play NYJ 3 games ago. That should help.

Unprecedented snow removal begins at Ralph Wilson Stadium

With more than six feet of snow forecast for Orchard Park by Friday, an around-the-clock plan is in place to dig out Ralph Wilson Stadium for Sunday's game.

How Bills dealing with snow & injured players

The Bills’ preparations are already challenged for Sunday’s game against the Jets with no players able to reach One Bills Drive due to a travel ban in Orchard Park Wednesday. With four feet of snow on the ground in Orchard Park, and 2-3 more feet expected the big concern is for injured and nicked up players getting necessary treatment for their injuries so they’re ready to play Sunday. Here is what the Bills are doing to resolve that issue around the travel restrictions.

“I’ve talked to our medical staff and have been in constant communication with them,” said Bills head coach Doug Marrone, who did manage to get to One Bills Drive Tuesday and stayed there overnight. “I got off the phone with (Head athletic trainer) Bud Carpenter an hour ago making sure the players understand how to do the things they need to do to help themselves.

Bills coaches adjust to snow to prepare players

With a travel ban in the town of Orchard Park Wednesday due to a lake effect snow storm the Bills coaching staff was forced to adjust on the fly.

If i was a betting man, i'd take the Jets and the points in this one....assuming they are still getting points. Not only because of the snow and lack of prep time for Buffalo...but they were embarrassed by the Bills last time out and won't be -6 turnovers again.

I agree. I think the lack of practice will level the playing field. And if weather conditions are bad, it'll be a ground and pound type of game. Plus, this time we can't count on Geno spotting us a few easy picks for our secondary.

There's no drama here,both teams are out of the playoffs.They should make the game up in July so we could watch and tailgate in comfort.

Rest assured the league will do everything in its power to get this weekend's game played, while keeping the safety of fans and teams traveling to the game as our primary concern.

I assure you,the fans are the LAST consideration.