Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

Adam Shefter reported this morning on countdown that If they want out from Cutlers deal there SEVERAL teams that have expressed interest....

I for one wold LOVE having Cutler. He's had his ups and downs, but has a HUGE arm and with our D, he wont have to be in shootouts where he makes some dumb mistakes.

Even with the huge contract, i'd take him in a second and know he have a REAL QB for the next 5+ yrs. He has all the talent in the world and even without a 1st rounder, if Chi wants to make a change, they wont have much leverage cuz of his contract. We will be way under cap and also, wont have a 1st round pick to sign (even tho they arent as pricey as used to be). We NEED to keep Hughes and hopefully extend Dareus but they will pick up option on Dareus rookie deal and hopefully he doesnt hold out to get paid like he truly deserves to.

This team is a QB away from being a true playoff team. We dont need a tier 1 QB like Manning, Brady etc.. i'd be 100% fine with a guy like Cutler who in right system can really excel and would not miss those red zone throws Orton has been missing BADLY last 2 games.

Could be very interesting option and not many teams will have cap room !

GO BILLS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'd bet that the Bills are not one of several teams interested. he also said the same dribble about the Browns will let Hoyer test the free agent water. No Thanks, the Bills have had enough of fill ins while swinging and missing in the draft at real QB talent.

So if you don't want a fill-in QB and you think all we can do is swing and miss on QBs in the draft, what's your next option? Maybe we could trade the Colts a bucket full of hindsight and regret, plus a 6th rounder, for Andrew Luck.

So if you don't want a fill-in QB and you think all we can do is swing and miss on QBs in the draft, what's your next option? Maybe we could trade the Colts a bucket full of hindsight and regret, plus a 6th rounder, for Andrew Luck.

I agree. The 10th ranked QB and we draft a QB prospect to sit behind him for a few years. I'm ok with that.

Adam Shefter reported this morning on countdown that If they want out from Cutlers deal there SEVERAL teams that have expressed interest....

I for one wold LOVE having Cutler. He's had his ups and downs, but has a HUGE arm and with our D, he wont have to be in shootouts where he makes some dumb mistakes.

Even with the huge contract, i'd take him in a second and know he have a REAL QB for the next 5+ yrs. He has all the talent in the world and even without a 1st rounder, if Chi wants to make a change, they wont have much leverage cuz of his contract. We will be way under cap and also, wont have a 1st round pick to sign (even tho they arent as pricey as used to be). We NEED to keep Hughes and hopefully extend Dareus but they will pick up option on Dareus rookie deal and hopefully he doesnt hold out to get paid like he truly deserves to.

This team is a QB away from being a true playoff team. We dont need a tier 1 QB like Manning, Brady etc.. i'd be 100% fine with a guy like Cutler who in right system can really excel and would not miss those red zone throws Orton has been missing BADLY last 2 games.

GO BILLS

You really would? Do you watch him play?

GO BILLS

No point in taking such a lateral move

.......and the Bears want to trade him, because...............

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING

I think his team has played from behind a lot because of the Bears defense. If we shored up our O line to give him time, and our defense sticks together I think he could be better than he is, and throw less INT's.

How big is his contract with the Bears?

Edited by What a Tuel

if I get Cutler I run the ball a lot and only pass on PA. The guy is reckless with the ball and could not care enough about his mechanics, lately he only throws off his back foot.

He's the quintessential coach killer.

GO BILLS

Cutler isn't very good and will perform even worse under a porous o-line. His 15.5 million salary in 2015 isn't worth the risk either.

That's an average of 18 million per year for the next 6 years for a 31 year old who couldn't dominate throwing to a cast of characters including Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte; and doesn't care that he couldn't.

I'll take my chances with Kyle Orton, thanks just the same.

The contract is a little much, I would agree with that. But I have no idea how you guys are saying he is garbage.

The guy is throwing INT's (1st) sure, but he is also 5th in TDs, 5th in yards, pretty much 5th in completion %. You guys all realize we have Kyle Orton at QB, and the bulk of you claim EJ isn't fit to be on an NFL Roster.

Geez, we act like we are replacing peyton manning. Like I said the contract is a little much, but you guys act like he would be horrible for the team. He would surely be an upgrade under a normal contract.

Edited by What a Tuel