Marangi Wants Manuel

WeWantMarangi

.................Beats having EJ take a time out on third,and long,and then makes a two yard completion. Orton isn't the long term answer for this team, but EJ Manuel is simply a waste of time.

Orton has proven he is not the long term answer for this team What's the point in starting Orton in any more games for this team. He doesn't belong on this team's roster next year. Might as well see if Manuel has learned anything while Orton was the starter. Whaley needs to decide what to do about quarterback next year, that's if he's still here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been posted repeatedly, it was painfully obvious EJ was no where ready for prime time. A veteran presence (Orton) leading a rookie-filled line-up, in the near term, makes sense. My concerns about EJ are three-fold: 1) his ability to process the game quickly 2) his accuracy as a passer 3) his courage (or lack thereof) in the pocket.

That veteran-presence bit would make more sense if Orton hadn't played terribly the last two weeks. Watkins is the only rookie among the skill guys, and the line has played just as badly in front of Orton as it did with E.J.

As for the 'painfully obvious' part, Manuel had two terrible games and two OK ones this season. Orton has had two terrible games, one more bad than good (New England), two that would be remembered as OK at best except for one late drive in each (Detroit and Minnesota), and a walkover against the Jets. The Bills are .500 under each quarterback.

No doubt, Orton was better in his first four starts than Manuel in his. But he needed to be a lot better for longer to justify permanently scrapping a first-round pick.

What exactly are you saying?

The comment below is basically what I'm saying.

Orton has proven he is not the long term answer for this team What's the point in starting Orton in any more games for this team. He doesn't belong on this team's roster next year. Might as well see if Manuel has learned anything while Orton was the starter. Whaley needs to decide what to do about quarterback next year, that's if he's still here

Embracing a journeyman like Orton makes as much sense as passing on Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, etc because we were "satisfied" with Ryan Fitzpatrick, and felt he was the answer at the QB position. That set this franchise back. Why not give the young guy a shot- he's started but 14 games in his brief career. Orton is what he is- mediocre. So many here are convinced Manuel is a bust...the only surety at this point is that Kyle Orton is a journeyman- and NOT the future of this franchise.

Marangi can have EJ...

I don't get any Buffalo Bills fan not wanting to start EJ Manuel. The Bills are not going to the playoffs. What is there to be afraid of?

Let EJ "rip it". Let him throw all the throws. Call some crazy plays way back in the playbook . Let him take off with the ball six times a game. Let him call his own plays in the huddle. Tell him it's ok to throw interceptions, just get experience throwing the ball deep. Play fearless.

The Bills are out of the playoff hunt. There is nothing to lose. There is no logical reason to play it safe starting Orton.

I don't get any Buffalo Bills fan not wanting to start EJ Manuel. The Bills are not going to the playoffs. What is there to be afraid of?

Let EJ "rip it". Let him throw all the throws. Call some crazy plays way back in the playbook . Let him take off with the ball six times a game. Let him call his own plays in the huddle. Tell him it's ok to throw interceptions, just get experience throwing the ball deep. Play fearless.

The Bills are out of the playoff hunt. There is nothing to lose. There is no logical reason to play it safe starting Orton.

Are you joking about this part? EJ Manuel "call his own plays"? They have limited the playbook so he could function at all--now you want him to make it up as he goes along....based on how he reads defenses? Yikes.

Look, if you want him to be part of some developmental program, send him to FXL, or whatever it is. Or the CFL.

I think there is some sense in this... but if Whaley and Marrone are worried for their jobs they need wins. I think for them they see Orton as the better bet at this stage.

You're asking Manuel to do something he is incapable of. Nothing in his college or pro career has shown that he can do what you are asking. Orton provides the best chance the Bills have of decent QB play this year, even if that chance is extremely small. Manuel has proven without a doubt that he has no future as an NFL QB. Sure you can play him and watch him confirm that he is the next subLosman QB or you can play Orton and have a chance, no matter how small, of competing. Hopefully neither one of them is the Bills QB next year.

Edited by respk

Orton at QB is at least watchable. EJ playing QB just makes me feel bad when Freddy catches his 15th pass to get 1 yard then gets crushed by 4 defenders.

You say that now. What if Watkins broke a leg or tore an ACL making a circus catch for EJ? Nothing lost?

Edited by FireChan

I don't know, I saw Orton put some bad passes out there against the Dolphins. One time he lobbed a pass running Sammy into 2 guys and he just pulled up. That was about as bad as any throw I've seen from either Manuel or him this season.

The body language of the receivers in the second half was as bad as at any time with Manuel. Orton can't move and teams are adapting to what he does. Whether it's Manuel or Orton, the Bills need to find a running game and get into max protection more to let their receivers work down field off play action. The timing on short passes just isn't there enough. Get Mike Williams on the field and let the guy win on the outside like he's done throughout his career.

Get EJ out there and see what he's got. He gives them the best chance to win and it doesn't matter how it looks to us on tv. We'll be happy with wins...

Go Bills.

As has been posted repeatedly, it was painfully obvious EJ was no where ready for prime time. A veteran presence (Orton) leading a rookie-filled line-up, in the near term, makes sense. My concerns about EJ are three-fold: 1) his ability to process the game quickly 2) his accuracy as a passer 3) his courage (or lack thereof) in the pocket.

No guts, no glory. EJ has no guts. EJ always looked like that he was relieved when a failed drive was over.

Let's go with EJ and see if he has learned anything. Saw him taking notes on sideline. May be what he needed

Orton is not the long term solution

I can only imagine his notes. "Don't throw the ball to the defensive end. Throw it to the receivers. Try to hit their hands."

Because he still gives us the best chance to win, and season ticket holders like myself don't want to have paid good money to watch a reject project QB.

Cut him. Cut him now.

Let's go with EJ and see if he has learned anything. Saw him taking notes on sideline. May be what he needed

Orton is not the long term solution

Those were lunch orders.

As Mort said on the radio today about EJ--you don't learn to play standing on the sideline.

That doesn't matter. Your only argument for EJ is "well hopefully he's practiced a couple times and is now better." It's fairy dust. It's nothing. Hell, we don't even know how he's performing in practice. He could very well look WORSE. All of that could apply to Jeff Tuel.

The players almost mutinied on him. Think they're going out there, risking injury, to watch Manuel limp us to the finish line? Do you think anyone wants to be a cog in the failed EJ Manuel experiment part deux?

Except there is the raw physical talent that Tuel does not have equal to EJ. And your argument

here is comical as it realy has no value other than to say that you personally value EJ as low as Tuel despite the fact he grossly out played him at every facet. And word out of practice has been that EJ has looked better, you just ignore and tune that put because of your personal disdain for the guy.

So to just disregard the idea of giving a high draft pick with only 14 starts, 3 come back wins, and a couple good wins this year just because you don't personally like him is silly. The kid played scared and if he can shake that he has a lot of upside.

Except there is the raw physical talent that Tuel does not have equal to EJ. And your argument

here is comical as it realy has no value other than to say that you personally value EJ as low as Tuel despite the fact he grossly out played him at every facet. And word out of practice has been that EJ has looked better, you just ignore and tune that put because of your personal disdain for the guy.

So to just disregard the idea of giving a high draft pick with only 14 starts, 3 come back wins, and a couple good wins this year just because you don't personally like him is silly. The kid played scared and if he can shake that he has a lot of upside.

Maybin was a high draft pick too. Higher than Jerry Hughes. Let's give him a call!

3 comeback wins? What 3?

A couple good wins this year where EJ played really well? Not really. A couple wins where he didn't puke on his shoes? Yep. A couple bad losses where he did puke on his shoes? Yep.

Also, compare EJ's worst game to Tuel's. EJ's is actually worse. And consider that Tuel had 1 week to prepare as a UDFA 3rd string QB.

Edited by FireChan