Who do you WANT as the Bills coach in 2015?

Kirby Jackson

Bills Head Coach 2015  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the Bills Head Coach in 2015? (if you select other please indicate your choice in the comments)

There have been scattered posts about this all over today. This should be an opportunity to state the person that you want on the sidelines in 2015. If you vote for other please specify the person that you want in the comments. Pease try to be realistic (ie Bill Belicheck isn't an option)

My vote is absolutely going to Gus Malzahn. I think that he is a better Chip Kelly. His teams play an attacking style of offense (similar to the way that Pettine plays D). I want a team that plays aggressive and with pace. He does the exact opposite of what we do now; he wins with scheme.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Kevin Sumlin. No question, IMO, that he is the next great NFL head coach. Offensive genius and already a great leader. I love his passion and his presence on the field. Seems to be a "player's coach" without being a softie.

Forget Gruden and especially forget Cowher. Both are making boat loads of money in their current television gigs, and those jobs are infinitely easier than NFL HC jobs

I want Kevin Sumlin. No question, IMO, that he is the next great NFL head coach. Offensive genius and already a great leader. I love his passion and his presence on the field. Seems to be a "player's coach" without being a softie.

Forget Gruden and especially forget Cowher. Both are making boat loads of money in their current television gigs, and those jobs are infinitely easier than NFL HC jobs

Sumlin would be a good option on offense. I have concerns about the way that his team's defend but he has always been high on my list.

Ask and you shall receive (added Reich and McDaniels too).

On a side note Briles would be my 2nd choice followed by Schwartz.

Kirby--he aims to please!

I'd probably say my order of choices would be:

1. Briles

2. Malzahn

3. Bowles

4. Bevell

And if it's anyone other than Bowles, I'd hope they kept Schwartz as DC (if he'd stay--I don't see why he wouldn't absent a HC offer).

I think they need to go offensive coach. That's where the biggest problem is. It's kind of like what happened in SF. There defense was great. Dominant. But the offense was horrible. Enter Harbaugh and suddenly they are going to the SB.

My choices would be:

1. Gus Malzahn

2. Art Briles

3. Darrell Bevell

One name that should be on there is Tom Coughlin. I think the Giants are going to move on from him after this season. Ernie Accorsi hired Tom when he was the Giants GM and it seems that Accorsi has a connection with the Bills new owner.

Coughlin, head coach

Schwartz, DC

trade for Manziel

what difference does it make? 6 months into the job, people will say stupid things about the character of that person if he doesn't hump the opposition right away. And if he starts fast they will say it won't last.

To much cynicism among the fanbase.

Edited by Fixxxer

One name that should be on there is Tom Coughlin. I think the Giants are going to move on from him after this season. Ernie Accorsi hired Tom when he was the Giants GM and it seems that Accorsi has a connection with the Bills new owner.

Coughlin, head coach

Schwartz, DC

trade for Manziel

I really think Coughlin retires if the Giants let him go.

Kirby--he aims to please!

I'd probably say my order of choices would be:

1. Briles

2. Malzahn

3. Bowles

4. Bevell

And if it's anyone other than Bowles, I'd hope they kept Schwartz as DC (if he'd stay--I don't see why he wouldn't absent a HC offer).

That's part of the issue. I doubt that Schwartz stays if they hire a different head coach. With that being said this could be the 1st time that we see the difference between Ralph and Pegula. RW was not known for paying assistant coaches. If the Schwartz is the highest paid coordinator in the league (or at least 1 of them) I could see him swallowing his pride and remaining on the staff. The same could happen if Marrone stays and Schwartz is offered a head job like the Raiders. He may make the same money to remain as the Bills D coordinator for another year and have less of a chance of failure.

I really think Coughlin retires if the Giants let him go.

Agreed