Bills at 9-6 headed to New England???

BmarvB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the other big question is winning the division the way to the playoffs not the wild card? Our conference record will screw us on the wild card but we have one division loss. So if some how we can hit the Pats game with that tie breaker and beat them after they fall back to us we're in! Yup this theory is full of holes but so is any other.

..."Just win baby" and we're 12-4.

I absolutely see us going into NE at 9-6. However, NE will be 12-3 at that point so the division will already be out of reach. I unfortunately think they handle Indy pretty easily this weekend.Belicheck and Brady own A. Luck. We need to go on 4 game winning streak and surprise some of the big boys afterwards to have a chance.

Here's another one - say the Bills go into NE 9-6, AND the Pats have nothing to play for (i.e., 2004 redux). You can pretty much assume that Belichick still plays all if his starters for most (if not the entire) game, because that's just who he is. Not saying that I expect them to lay down, but people shouldn't assume anything less than 100%.

I think they will only win 3 more games and go 8-8. Hope I'm wrong but don't have a good feeling about the rest of the way....

As any longtime bills fan, pessimism is just an extension of a defense mechanism, as they almost always let us down for the last 15 years, but don't lose hope on this one.

The defense is really rounding into a TOP defense, in both facets of the game. The run defense has been a sure thing all year, and since the NE game, the pass defense has tightened up, something that concerned me in the first half of the year.

The offense absolutely feels much improved the last 4 games, so if you fairly assume that they continue improving at the same rate, by year's end, I think we have a NICE, STRONG team. Not 2 top 5 units, but a top 5 defense is fair to forecast, as they're 6th now... And the offense is improving, so if they can get into the top half there, we are a problem for people to play.

Add in the fact that everyone in front of us will play eachother (including us playing a couple of them, taking out own bite out of them), and there are a lot of losses forthcoming to teams that are above us, we are absolutely in charge here.

If we have a playoff caliber roster, as I suspect, we should handle business in November, going to 8-4, and be in a good place when our December "so you think you're a playoff team... Prove it" series runs... And I think we will, and go 2-2, and get in.

the problem is... it seems they have about a 70% chance to win each game they "should" beat (and I am very generously adding @Miami and Cleveland into that category). I would give them a 10% chance or less of beating teams that are legit (Denver, Green Bay, NE)

So basically they need a lot of good dice rolls to come up 9-6. Odds are they lose at least 1 game, maybe 2 to Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and the Jets. Odds are they drop every game to Green Bay and Denver

I believe 8-7 is the most likely record going into NE, followed by 7-8.

The bills have to win the obvious games. The bills need the pats to somehow lose a couple games to have a shot at the division. I mean they do have tough games but they are a mentally tough team that can handle those games. They seem to thrive on those.

the problem is... it seems they have about a 70% chance to win each game they "should" beat (and I am very generously adding @Miami and Cleveland into that category). I would give them a 10% chance or less of beating teams that are legit (Denver, Green Bay, NE)

So basically they need a lot of good dice rolls to come up 9-6. Odds are they lose at least 1 game, maybe 2 to Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and the Jets. Odds are they drop every game to Green Bay and Denver

I believe 8-7 is the most likely record going into NE, followed by 7-8.

Because math.

Call me crazy but the Browns game is the one I am worried about.

Me too. Tonight and next Sunday, no worries whatsoever.

I don't know about you all, but I'm seeing a team that is gradually getting better throughout this season. The Bills just beat up KS(yes, I know they lost). With a win, they would have won the last 4 out of 5 games. That's a pretty damn good run. The defense has been on a serious tear. The offense aside from this latest issue in the red zone has been pretty efficient. The run game took a big step forward with some very impressive blocking up front. The OL held a KS team with one of the NFLs best pass rushes to just 1 sack.

I see a bunch of people ready to hang it up, now. Pft!!! This is the team that nobody wants to play right now and they are only getting better. I say bring on the next opponent and that includes Denver and Green Bay. Miami is going to get spanked. That means we can go into a NE game 4-1 in the division with a chance to go 5-1. Also, 6 of our next 7 opponents are all AFC. That gives us an opportunity to rack up some conference wins too.

There is a lot of football left to play, but a lot of people are acting like the Bills need a lot of help to get to the playoffs. I say the Bills are pretty munch in control of their own destiny still.

I agree but they are at a key stage in their development - they need to believe that they should win, that how we get past these should have won outcomes. They are sooo close its frustrating.

almost every game this year has been a nail biter. I'm just enjoying the ride this year. It's actually kind of fun. I haven't counted us out of the playoffs.

For what it's worth my Jets fan Father keeps telling me the BILLS are going to win the division this year. dementia?

Edited by JaxBills

almost every game this year has been a nail biter. I'm just enjoying the ride this year. It's actually kind of fun. I haven't counted us out of the playoffs.

For what it's worth my Jets fan Father keeps telling me the BILLS are going to win the division this year. dementia?

Just start drinking what he's drinking.