Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, b

Security

Obama's state department about to legalize millions of illegals, but no Visa for an Israeli NBA player?

Seriously, this president is just an absolute joke.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/11/10/State-Department-Refuses-NBA-Visa-Extension-for-Israeli-Hoops-Star-as-Obama-Announces-Doubling-of-Chinese-Student-Visas/

Even as he defiantly moves to unilaterally grant legal status to millions of people inside the U.S. illegally, President Obama's State Department is making sure that such special favors are not meant for everyone. The State Department’s unexplained refusal to extend a valid P1 visa currently held by an Israeli basketball player has prevented the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Indiana Pacers from signing him.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and here is an actual example of why........in Deep Blue Oregon

Oregon Immigration Vote is a Warning for Obama

Associated Press, by Jonathan J. Cooper and Nicholas Riccardi Original Article

PORTLAND, Ore. — The fate of a little-noticed ballot measure in strongly Democratic Oregon serves as a warning to President Barack Obama and his party about the political perils of immigration policy. Even as Oregon voters were legalizing recreational marijuana and expanding Democratic majorities in state government, they decided by a margin of 66-34 to cancel a new state law that would have provided driver´s licenses to people who are in the United States illegally.

(Snip)

Opponents barely gathered enough signatures to put the repeal question on the ballot. Immigrant rights groups outspent their opponents 10-1.

Still, the measure failed

This is among the most remarkable statements I have ever seen. It’s almost self-parodic.

" There is a very simple solution to this perception that I am somehow exercising too much executive authority: Pass a bill I can sign on this issue" the President said. "Give me a bill that addresses those issues and I'll be the first one to sign it. And metaphorically I will crumple up whatever executive actions we will take and toss them in the wastebasket, because we will now have a law that addresses these issues"

-President Barack Obama

LOL

The man just continues his lack of understanding..............why not say this

"I'm going to abolish the IRS. If you don't want the IRS abolished, pass a bill saying the IRS has been abolished and I'll sign it"

Obama better grant amnesty now then, the American people don't really have long memories and 2016 is well over the horizon

Americans are smarter than you think, Gruber.

If Obama moves on with this amnesty, your party will ultimately be made up of fools like you, Obama, Warren and Bernie Sanders running a kale ranch in Berkeley. Mark it.

http://www.nytimes.c...od=nytcore-ipad

The Great Immigration Betrayal

IN the months since President Obama first seem poised — as he now seems poised again — to issue a sweeping executive amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants, we’ve learned two important things about how this administration approaches its constitutional obligations.

First, we now have a clear sense of the legal arguments that will be used to justify the kind of move Obama himself previously described as a betrayal of our political order. They are, as expected, lawyerly in the worst sense, persuasive only if abstracted from any sense of precedent or proportion or political normality.

Second, we now have a clearer sense of just how anti-democratically this president may be willing to proceed.

{snip}

Presidential systems like ours have a long record, especially in Latin America, of producing standoffs between executive and legislative branches, which tends to make executive power grabs more likely. In the United States this tendency has been less dangerous — our imperial presidency has grown on us gradually; the worst overreaches have often been rolled back. But we do seem to be in an era whose various forces — our open-ended post-9/11 wars, the ideological uniformity of the parties — are making a kind of creeping caudillismo more likely.

But if that evil must come, woe to the president who chooses it. And make no mistake, the president is free to choose. No immediate crisis forces his hand; no doom awaits the country if he waits. He once campaigned on constitutionalism and executive restraint; he once abjured exactly this power. There is still time for him to respect the limits of his office, the lines of authority established by the Constitution, the outcome of the last election.

Or he can choose the power grab, and the accompanying disgrace.

He lost his visa when Dallas tossed him on the trash heat and the Pacers couldn't wait a few days for the paper work to go through. This is a total red herring issue. Typical right wing crap

Not really. Exceptions are ALWAYS made in these cases, just not in this case. I will give you that there was mismanagement.

Interesting article here from Byron York at Washington Examiner regarding the way GOP plans to battle Obama's amnesty plan.

In a nutshell, they need to pass some temporary spending, and just hold up the DHS portions that would cover the amnesty. It would take some Dem votes, but as is noted at The Hill article here, Dems are begging Obama to wait until the Q1.

Given Obama's current legacy, which is "We did a bunch of stupid stuff," Barry figures to listen only to Val and Michelle and move forward with his idiotic plan, hope Dems don't block him, and force GOP to have another shutdown.

The problem? GOP just crushed the left in mid-terms at every level after getting blamed for the last shutdown, in which the WH did a masterful job pinning in on the GOP, and Obama is slightly less popular than an anal boil, so another shutdown is not that threatening to the right.

Interesting article here from Byron York at Washington Examiner regarding the way GOP plans to battle Obama's amnesty plan.

In a nutshell, they need to pass some temporary spending, and just hold up the DHS portions that would cover the amnesty. It would take some Dem votes, but as is noted at The Hill article here, Dems are begging Obama to wait until the Q1.

Given Obama's current legacy, which is "We did a bunch of stupid stuff," Barry figures to listen only to Val and Michelle and move forward with his idiotic plan, hope Dems don't block him, and force GOP to have another shutdown.

The problem? GOP just crushed the left in mid-terms at every level after getting blamed for the last shutdown, in which the WH did a masterful job pinning in on the GOP, and Obama is slightly less popular than an anal boil, so another shutdown is not that threatening to the right.

Wow. I really don't like the sound of that anal boil business but I'm not sure if Obama is slightly less popular than Gatorman around here anyway.

WASHINGTON POST: In Mr. Obama’s own words, acting alone is ‘not how our democracy functions.’

Two thoughts:

(1) Expiration date

(2) What makes you think he cares about our democracy?

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/198474/

RON FOURNIER: Obama ‘Destroyed the Credibility of His Administration and Government Itself.’

Obama gets blown up by NYT's David Brooks here.

The move would further destabilize the legitimacy of government. Redefining the legal status of five million or six million human beings is a big deal. This is the sort of change we have a legislative process for. To do something this seismic with the stroke of one man’s pen is dangerous.

Instead of a nation of laws, we could slowly devolve into a nation of diktats, with each president relying on and revoking different measures on the basis of unilateral power — creating unstable swings from one presidency to the next. If President Obama enacts this order on the transparently flimsy basis of “prosecutorial discretion,” he’s inviting future presidents to use similarly flimsy criteria. Talk about defining constitutional deviancy down.

I’m not sure why the Obama administration has been behaving so strangely since the midterms. Maybe various people in the White House are angry in defeat and want to show that they can be as obstructionist as anyone. Maybe, in moments of stress, they are only really sensitive to criticism from the left flank. Maybe it’s Gruberism: the belief that everybody else is slightly dumber and less well-motivated than oneself and, therefore, politics is more about manipulation than conversation.

Whatever it is, it’s been a long journey from the Iowa caucuses in early 2008 to the pre-emptive obstruction of today. I wonder if, post-presidency, Mr. Obama will look back and regret that he got sucked into the very emotional maelstrom he set out to destroy.

Edited by LABillzFan