Looking forward to 2016

l2yangop

Once they lose to the phins Thursday they'll be .500 with an extremely tough end of the schedule. No draft pick in 2015 so next season season will probably stink too. At least we can look forward to a top 5 pick in 2016. Thats whats next on my Bills radar. Yesterday was a season ruined.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I already feel sick about it. Brandon will preach continuity in defense of keeping Marrone and Hackett. Chris Brown will write fluff pieces about how a new and improved EJ makes up for not having a 1st rounder.

My only hope is for Pegula to want an actual HC for this team.

Edited by Bangarang

Once they lose to the phins Thursday they'll be .500 with an extremely tough end of the schedule. No draft pick in 2015 so next season season will probably stink too. At least we can look forward to a top 5 pick in 2016. Thats whats next on my Bills radar. Yesterday was a season ruined.

The biggest thing in the 15 years of losing is that they never completely bottomed out. The Sabres will finally find out how rewarding that will be for years to come.

Totally agree!! What is a young team with a .500 or better record and worlds of cap space to do? They are surely going to go go from 8-10 wins to 4 the next year! I mean add Kiko to that defense, that should subtract a couple of wins.

Totally agree!! What is a young team with a .500 or better record and worlds of cap space to do? They are surely going to go go from 8-10 wins to 4 the next year! I mean add Kiko to that defense, that should subtract a couple of wins.

im going to add to the point about loads of cap space... If we fail miserably to end the season, this FO will insist on a QB. There will be free agents available. There always are. And we will spend the money we would have spent on a first round pick on a QB.

My guess is either Big Ben or Eli

How much cap space do we have?

what is yangpop?

If we miss the playoffs, I want Pegula to blow it up and start over.

What does that mean? I see a lot of that on here but no clear definition. Fire everybody? Cut guys? Trade guys? What exactly does it mean?

For me if the Bills finish with at least 9 wins I would still replace Hackett. I can't use "playoffs" because they could win 10 games and be in or win 10 games and be out. My assessment will be based on what their team did not the teams around them. If they finish with less than 9 Marrone will be gone with him. In terms of the roster I want to see 2 new guards and at least 1 new TE. They need to extend Dareus and re-sign Hughes. Other than that I don't see too many changes on the horizon. The Bills are a young team heading in the right direction. There is a good bit of talent on this roster now (especially on the defensive side).

They will still try to find a franchise QB but probably will not be able to next year. There is MAYBE 1 in this upcoming draft and not much on the market. A flier on Bradford is possible but Orton has played well enough to prevent that IMO.

I believe we have 5 picks in 2015 as of now I maybe off by 1 either way. a first round pick is not the be all and end all of roster building. There is free agency, rounds 2-7 and also trades. It's not the end of the world

You sound like a prime Tim Graham fanboy candidate. Well done.

What does that mean? I see a lot of that on here but no clear definition. Fire everybody? Cut guys? Trade guys? What exactly does it mean?

For me if the Bills finish with at least 9 wins I would still replace Hackett. I can't use "playoffs" because they could win 10 games and be in or win 10 games and be out. My assessment will be based on what their team did not the teams around them. If they finish with less than 9 Marrone will be gone with him. In terms of the roster I want to see 2 new guards and at least 1 new TE. They need to extend Dareus and re-sign Hughes. Other than that I don't see too many changes on the horizon. The Bills are a young team heading in the right direction. There is a good bit of talent on this roster now (especially on the defensive side).

They will still try to find a franchise QB but probably will not be able to next year. There is MAYBE 1 in this upcoming draft and not much on the market. A flier on Bradford is possible but Orton has played well enough to prevent that IMO.

It means what you think it means.

Pegula comes in and hires a football guy to run the team (not Polian specifically but someone like that). Whether it is Bill Cowher or someone else. Then you build from there. Let's use Cowher as a hypothetical.

Cowher becomes HC with full authority on the Roster.

He decides of Whalley stays as GM or he brings in a GM he can work with (Like Andy Reid did on KC).

Then Cowher build the roster. If they means trades, signing, etc then so be it.

But I have no confidence that Marrone is going to get it done. So I hate to waste any more time.

If they Bills finish 5-11, sure. If they get 8, 9 or even 10 wins and fall short of making the playoffs then blowing it up would set the team back another 4 years.

No thank you.

I want a championship. I don't want to squeak into the playoffs. 9-7 or 10-6 every year is not good enough (all though it would be a big improvement over what we've had). Like I said, I don't believe that the team we have and coaches we have will get beyond that level. Maybe I'm wrong.

It means what you think it means.

Pegula comes in and hires a football guy to run the team (not Polian specifically but someone like that). Whether it is Bill Cowher or someone else. Then you build from there. Let's use Cowher as a hypothetical.

Cowher becomes HC with full authority on the Roster.

He decides of Whalley stays as GM or he brings in a GM he can work with (Like Andy Reid did on KC).

Then Cowher build the roster. If they means trades, signing, etc then so be it.

But I have no confidence that Marrone is going to get it done. So I hate to waste any more time.

I want a championship. I don't want to squeak into the playoffs. 9-7 or 10-6 every year is not good enough (all though it would be a big improvement over what we've had). Like I said, I don't believe that the team we have and coaches we have will get beyond that level. Maybe I'm wrong.

So it's firing the coaching staff? I don't have a ton of confidence in anyone but Schwartz (and the other defensive coaches).

I have never seen an organization where the GM reported the the head coach. I have seen situations where the head coach reports to the GM or to the president but the org chart doesn't work the other way. If you are hiring someone like that you will be letting go of Whaley as well.

If you are hiring someone as more of a consultant to review the football operations department I am more than a little confident that Whaley will receive glowing reviews. The people that I know in the NFL outside of the Bills (Saints, Steelers & Eagles) think that he is outstanding. Obviously you can take Pittsburgh with a grain of salt because that's where he came from.

How much cap space do we have?

I'm not sure of the number but it is quite a bit. Dibs is the best on here with that and hopefully he will chime in. Fitz's money comes off for 1. The Bills will be near the top of the league in available space.

I'm with you on the championship. I want one too. But it just doesn't happen overnight. Remember how badly this team was managed during the recent past, we are still trying to pull ourselves out of the rubble of Marv and Buddy's magic. If you pull the plug on the entire staff now, you're admitting that another rebuild needs to happen and it'll take one season at least to install the new systems and get the players confident in it.

In short, you're advocating a change that will guarantee the Bills won't be hoisting the Lombardi trophy next year or in the next two realistically. Of course, with Marrone we might not ever get there -- I concede that's possible -- but I think the overall trend on this team is pointed up.