Trust in St. Doug

TheFunPolice

I am going on record as saying that I believe in St. Doug

This team dominated the Chiefs today. The offense moved the ball. If Bryce AND McKelvin don't fumble the Bills win. It's that simple.

The halftime adjustments were also on point. 1st two drives went right down the field.

Play calls? They were good overall. If they work they are great and if not they should have done the other thing. Wasn't everyone whining that they ran too much before?

Bottom line? St. Doug will get the job done here. This team is well prepared and plays hard. Leodis and Bryce did what they are known for: fumble.

Win Thursday and they are 6-4. That's right in the thick of the playoff hunt.

If you are already chalking up losses then you have already given up anyway.

St. Doug is too hardheaded and stubborn to fail.

Edited by TheFunPolice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Doug that Bills fans need to worry about.

He/Hackett made a gutsy call toward the end of the game to give Kyle Orton FOUR (4) shots to score a likely game winning TD.

But Orton was not up to the task and now we all know that Kyle Orton is merely an average QB - at best. And without a good QB this team goes nowhere!

SOB - same old Bills.

Usually trust is built after a record of success.

Saint Doug is now a 11-14 HC in the NFL. He has a very small sample that proves he's a winning HC, and not being able to win at home after a bye is not helping his case either.

An NFL team cannot consistently win if they do not have a capable quarterback leading the team. And the Buffalo Bills do NOT have a capable quarterback leading this team. And I honestly don't see a capable quarterback on this team for the next couple of seasons.

Sorry, I've lost all faith in Doug. This team has no killer instinct, no leadership from it's head coach and OC. It's time to make a change. Give me a coach with some "intestinal fortitude" (old school wrestling) and a desire and fire to win. I want a coach with some fire and passion, and someone willing to go for the kill when you have a team down. We don't have it.

It's not Doug that Bills fans need to worry about.

He/Hackett made a gutsy call toward the end of the game to give Kyle Orton FOUR (4) shots to score a likely game winning TD.

But Orton was not up to the task and now we all know that Kyle Orton is merely an average QB - at best. And without a good QB this team goes nowhere!

SOB - same old Bills.

How long are you going to keep up this crusade? This is the 2nd or 3rd thread where your comments have been alomost identical.

This team has no killer instinct, no leadership from it's head coach and OC.

No killer instinct? What? The Bills coaching staff gave Kyle Orton FOUR (4) passing chances to score a killer TD toward the end of the game. But Orton blew it on all FOUR (4) passes.

This is the way that Kyle Orton looks after the BYE week at a home game?

I thought Marrone did a nice coaching job today. Leodis gonna Leodis, and Bryce "Fumbalitis" Brown lived up to his rep.

Maybe Marrone should copy Vince Lombardi and make Bryce Brown carry a football with him all day wherever he goes. It worked for another great ball carrier with the last name of Brown.

I am going on record as saying that I believe in St. Doug

This team dominated the Chiefs today. The offense moved the ball. If Bryce AND McKelvin don't fumble the Bills win. It's that simple.

The halftime adjustments were also on point. 1st two drives went right down the field.

Play calls? They were good overall. If they work they are great and if not they should have done the other thing. Wasn't everyone whining that they ran too much before?

Bottom line? St. Doug will get the job done here. This team is well prepared and plays hard. Leodis and Bryce did what they are known for: fumble.

Win Thursday and they are 6-4. That's right in the thick of the playoff hunt.

If you are already chalking up losses then you have already given up anyway.

St. Doug is too hardheaded and stubborn to fail.

i agree. Great game plan.

i agree. Great game plan.

I think they did have a good game plan. What bothers me is situations like the one where they decide to throw twice from the 3 yard line where they were finally blowing a team off the line. I don't question the game plan. I question in game decisions. That being said, without the two fumbles, the Bills win that game fairly easily.

Marrone's in game decision making isn't good enough. His lack of in-game situational awareness dictates that he'll play not to lose on far too many occasions and I believe that attitude filters down to the players.

YOU NAILED IT!!!! This team lacks ATTITUDE because their coach lacks a WINNING mentality!!! Marrone needs to learn to choke the life out of opposing teams when the opportunity presents itself! There were multiple times in the game yesterday when his foot should have been on their throats. I hate the message he sends to this talented team! He want them to play smart, but he coaches stupidly.

Marrone's in game decision making isn't good enough. His lack of in-game situational awareness dictates that he'll play not to lose on far too many occasions and I believe that attitude filters down to the players.

If Marrone plays not to lose, and that filters into the players, why did McKelvin and Brown fumble?

Seriously. A "play not to lose" mentality would translate to a fair catch. McLuvin was having none of that.

realistically, id say players make judgement calls and weve probably seen them err towards caution than risk generally speaking.

and id also say to anyone trying to pigeonhole this season into a single identity - i think one of the problems is we havent identified what we are good at and want to be. and thats a big part of the problem.

Seriously. A "play not to lose" mentality would translate to a fair catch. McLuvin was having none of that.

No, that was a major lack of situational awareness. The Bills had a lead in the 4th quarter with the defense pretty much playing lights out. No need to be an FN hero. Make the fair catch. Good coaches cover all of these scenarios as a regular part of their practice routine and it looks to me as if the Bills' staff does not.

I think the thread should be titled, Trust in St. Jauron