Trust in St. Doug

TheFunPolice

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going on record as saying that I believe in St. Doug

This team dominated the Chiefs today. The offense moved the ball. If Bryce AND McKelvin don't fumble the Bills win. It's that simple.

The halftime adjustments were also on point. 1st two drives went right down the field.

Play calls? They were good overall. If they work they are great and if not they should have done the other thing. Wasn't everyone whining that they ran too much before?

Bottom line? St. Doug will get the job done here. This team is well prepared and plays hard. Leodis and Bryce did what they are known for: fumble.

Win Thursday and they are 6-4. That's right in the thick of the playoff hunt.

If you are already chalking up losses then you have already given up anyway.

St. Doug is too hardheaded and stubborn to fail.

\

!@#$ Doug. He can't find a Franchise QB and that is THE thing we need. Hell we are going to sit here and have him force EJ's sorry ass down our throats which further shows he isn't the answer

Yep, the Bills played great against the Chiefs last year too...all the way up to the two turnovers that gave the Chiefs the win. eerily deja vu

Having his QB throw 4 times in the red zone against the #1 pass defense in the league was brilliant, keep it up.

Versus a team that hasn't given up a rushing TD all year. Seems like the more correct decision when you think about that.

What is the job of a coach?

To the his players in the position to be successful. St. Doug and his crew did just that. Father Hackett called a great game, and designed plays that had guys WIDE OPEN on a consistent basis. Orton just missed a couple of WR. How is that the fault of the coaches?

Marrone had plays drawn up that worked, plain and simple. Bryce Brown was flying into the endzone until he fumbled. The OL was MUCH improved, due in part to the special attention given to it by St. Doug at the start of every practice.

The team was prepared, motivated, and the players were given an excellent chance to win. They blew it, not the coaches.

St. Doug, huh?

Is that the same Doug that decided to punt on 4th and 1, TWICE, in the 4th quarter?

Is that the same Doug who said the red-zone offense needs improvement, but he left his tallest WR with the best vertical jump, inactive? (Not to mention he said Williams had a great week of practice and deserved to dress, then left him inactive anyways.)

This coach is in way over his head, and gets out-coached in every single game. He does not belong as a Head Coach in the NFL, he was not even a very good coach in college, at a terrible football school. If 25-25 is "turning SU around," then Gailey, Jauron and Mularkey turned the Bills around.

Terry Pegula's first big move should be getting a reliable and proven football mind in the building.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

Yep, the Bills played great against the Chiefs last year too...all the way up to the two turnovers that gave the Chiefs the win. eerily deja vu

Having his QB throw 4 times in the red zone against the #1 pass defense in the league was brilliant, keep it up.

Why were we going for the TD every time when we only needed ten yards to get the first down?

St. Doug, huh?

Is that the same Doug that decided to punt on 4th and 1, TWICE, in the 4th quarter?

Is that the same Doug who said the red-zone offense needs improvement, but he left his tallest WR with the best vertical jump, inactive? (Not to mention he said Williams had a great week of practice and deserved to dress, then left him inactive anyways.)

This coach is in way over his head, and gets out-coached in every single game. He does not belong as a Head Coach in the NFL, he was not even a very good coach in college, at a terrible football school. If 25-25 is "turning SU around," then Gailey, Jauron and Mularkey turned the Bills around.

Terry Pegula's first big move should be getting a reliable and proven football mind in the building.

Gailey wasn't even close to .500.

Jauron knocked on the door and I don't think he was as bad as some think. He had trent and Losman at QB and Brandon/Levy as GM.

No, that was a major lack of situational awareness. The Bills had a lead in the 4th quarter with the defense pretty much playing lights out. No need to be an FN hero. Make the fair catch. Good coaches cover all of these scenarios as a regular part of their practice routine and it looks to me as if the Bills' staff does not.

You would call Andy Reid a good coach, no? What the hell was their punt returner doing all game? McKelvin wasn't "trying to be a hero" -- he was attempting to break one tackle and was bent backwards when the 2nd guy came in. It sucked, but let's not act as though McKelvin was a moron.

This game sucked, but the only decision I fault Marrone on is not kicking the FG on 4th and 10. That was a big blunder IMO.

Marrone is like the county commissioner who accidentally gets elected POTUS. He is further over his head than the submariner exploring the Marianas trench.

He might be a nice guy but this is the most talented Bills team in at least a decade and he is squandering it badly. His only good move has been to be hands off on defense and look what has happened.

If he hired a good O coordinator and was hands off on offense his coaching career would turn on a dime, but he is far too thin skinned to do that. Instead he fires Hilliard, dumps Stevie, trades for Williams then benches him, inexplicably benches Urbik, goes for it on 4th and 10, punts on 4th and 1, runs CJ up the middle constantly, and on and on. All he has to do with the talent that has been put on this team is gore a pro, be a leader/administrator a la Marv and watch the team win. Instead he puts his silly little ego above everything else and we get to watch a team lose while they should be winning.

Jauron has this team at 7-2 with losses to the Pats and Texans. I can't pin the Texans loss on Marrone. God only knows their record with a top line coach.

Versus a team that hasn't given up a rushing TD all year. Seems like the more correct decision when you think about that.

and yet if Bryce Brown isn't stripped before he can get to the end zone the Bills have that first rushing TD.

The Bills were averaging 5.0 yards per carry, and then stopped even trying to run in the 4th quarter.

Jauron was nowhere near as bad as the level of absolute hatred for him here suggests.

7-9 3 straight years with trent and Losman as your QBs and a front office that was dysfunctional at best and constantly cheaped out on assistant coaches and roster depth.

Still, St. Doug will deliver his 2nd miracle. Treat this season like a game. The Chiefs were DONE yesterday then dumb luck and 1 good play won them the game.

It aint over til it's over.

Edited by TheFunPolice

You would call Andy Reid a good coach, no? What the hell was their punt returner doing all game? McKelvin wasn't "trying to be a hero" -- he was attempting to break one tackle and was bent backwards when the 2nd guy came in. It sucked, but let's not act as though McKelvin was a moron.

This game sucked, but the only decision I fault Marrone on is not kicking the FG on 4th and 10. That was a big blunder IMO.

Reid is well regarded as an offensive strategist and playcaller, but his in-game decision making/clock management not so much. Please do not excuse McKelvin's poor decision by comparing his gaffe to the KC PR's boneheaded decisions. On many occasions this season, the ST unit has sent Fred out to FC punts in scenarios where sure-handedness and ball security were the primary concerns. With Fred maybe unavailable for ST PR duty yesterday, Crossman should have been in his ear with a reminder of the what situation called for.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm with Saint Doug because we have looked good. But all the criticism about being conservative on 4th and knowing probability is true. He needs to change his tune on that, and coaches do that all the time.

All in all it is hard for me to say we don't have a good thing going on offense and defense. Offense can still be a liability but it is more explosive than it has been in a long time so we always have a chance.

I'm with Saint Doug because we have looked good. But all the criticism about being conservative on 4th and knowing probability is true. He needs to change his tune on that, and coaches do that all the time.

All in all it is hard for me to say we don't have a good thing going on offense and defense. Offense can still be a liability but it is more explosive than it has been in a long time so we always have a chance.

It's offensive alright. Not good enough. "Don't confuse effort with results" - Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone

Reid is well regarded as an offensive strategist and playcaller, but his in-game decision making/clock management not so much. Please do not excuse McKelvin's poor decision by comparing his gaffe to the KC PR's boneheaded decisions. On many occasions this season, the ST unit has sent Fred out to FC punts in scenarios where sure-handedness and ball security were the primary concerns. With Fred maybe unavailable for ST PR duty yesterday, Crossman should have been in his ear with a reminder of the what situation called for.

I still don't know what McKelvin's "poor decision" was. He's a legitimate threat to return a punt the distance (and had two great returns yesterday). Are you really suggesting that in a 3-pt game with 10:00 to go he should have been told to fair catch no matter what? That, my friend, is the height of ultra-conservative strategy.