R-E-L-A-X

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it to you to bring nothing but doom and gloom. I laid out what needs to happen from here on out and you (as usual) brought nothing of substance. I do not think that it is likely but if they are 5-2 they can make the playoffs.

Buffalo is 2-3 against teams this season with winning records through week 10. They're 3-1 against sub-.500 teams. I recall reading on this very message board how much talent the Bills had, and yet, they're not threatening for the division lead, and are behind in the chase for 2 wild cards. As a matter of fact, there are 10 AFC teams with 5 or more wins, and if 4 win their division, that means Buffalo is competing with 6 other franchises for 2 wild cards. Is that pessimistic?

Their climb just got a lot more harder with today's loss. I cited 2008 and 2011 because the same things are happening. The players and coaches did change, but the result doesn't and I've been around long enough to see there are too many similarities from those seasons to 2014.

Not sure if, today, they would be favored over the Browns.

I think that at home (even though they have been better on the road) they will give the Browns a point or 2. Either way they need to win the next 3 and 2 of the last 4. It's not likely but not insane.

Buffalo is 2-3 against teams this season with winning records through week 10. They're 3-1 against sub-.500 teams. I recall reading on this very message board how much talent the Bills had, and yet, they're not threatening for the division lead, and are behind in the chase for 2 wild cards. As a matter of fact, there are 10 AFC teams with 5 or more wins, and if 4 win their division, that means Buffalo is competing with 6 other franchises for 2 wild cards. Is that pessimistic?

Their climb just got a lot more harder with today's loss. I cited 2008 and 2011 because the same things are happening. The players and coaches did change, but the result doesn't and I've been around long enough to see there are too many similarities from those seasons to 2014.

I don't disagree at all that the odds are long. The other results today helped some. The margin for error is gone. They had to win at least 3 of these 4 and they lost the 1st. If they don't beat Miami, the Jets and Cleveland they are done. A win today had them in the drivers seat and they squandered it. If they win on Thursday they at win decent shape.

To get to 10 wins, they would have to sweep Miami, Jets and Browns, then take 2 of last 4; 3 of which are on the road; 3 of which are against Broncos, NE, GB.

It's worth mentioning those details. This should have been a sure win.

No how, no way, was this a sure win. Never was.

Season's not over by a long shot but this one really hurt. If the bills go 8-8 and miss the playoffsm again, the move to Orton is going to be questioned.

The move to Orton was done for one reason only: the team was being sold and Marrone thought his best chance to keep his job and win some games was to go with the veteran QB. The way EJ was playing 8-8 was unlikely.

I don't see the way to the playoffs at this point. Best case I see is 9 - 7 and no playoffs with anothwr year of Marrone and Hackett. We just wasted out beat defense in decades and bumbled away an easy win. These Bills are not different from teams of the past 15 years. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and the gameday coaching is dreadful.

More power to you man. I'm usually the same way. The circumstances in the rest of the AFC make that impossible for me this season, though.

keep the faith! Lots of AFC contenders are playing inconsistently. Really hard to tell what will happen by looking at their schedules and assuming Ws and Ls. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm just going to R-E-L-A-X now, because our playoff chances are O-V-E-R. They were S-L-I-M to begin with.

I don't see the way to the playoffs at this point. Best case I see is 9 - 7 and no playoffs with anothwr year of Marrone and Hackett. We just wasted out beat defense in decades and bumbled away an easy win. These Bills are not different from teams of the past 15 years. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and the gameday coaching is dreadful.

This was not a coaching loss, IMO. Two very bad mistakes, and WAY too many dropped balls.

keep the faith! Lots of AFC contenders are playing inconsistently. Really hard to tell what will happen by looking at their schedules and assuming Ws and Ls.

I have no doubt a few of them will fall off and screw up. The problem is that there are so many(5) that we need to completely tank that the math says we're basically screwed.

The move to Orton was done for one reason only: the team was being sold and Marrone thought his best chance to keep his job and win some games was to go with the veteran QB. The way EJ was playing 8-8 was unlikely.

So what's better 9-7 with Orton? Or 5-11 with EJ?

You could make the case that giving EJ more practice and improving draft position would constitute a more productive season.

I think that at home (even though they have been better on the road) they will give the Browns a point or 2. Either way they need to win the next 3 and 2 of the last 4. It's not likely but not insane.

I think we may have to cross GB off the list...

No how, no way, was this a sure win. Never was.

Oh, yes, definitely. Said it last week-stop the run and beat the Chiefs because Smith can't beat our front 7. We controlled the run, until the end. Chiefs are mediocre. We only lost because of errors on at least one sure TD. This win was given away, not earned, to an inferior team.

I'm just going to R-E-L-A-X now, because our playoff chances are O-V-E-R. They were S-L-I-M to begin with.

This was not a coaching loss, IMO. Two very bad mistakes, and WAY too many dropped balls.

I disagree. Good coaches have a 4th and 1 ready to rock like KC had today while . our bumbling response was another lame attempt to draw the offsides. Orton was not razor sharp today , but we were killing them throwing to our backs. So with 4 downs on their 15 we make no effort to get a first down, throw underneath or to run, we go the throw to the endzone 4 times. When it comes to crunch time, this coaching staff is in a highchair at the table with real NFL coaches.

I disagree. Good coaches have a 4th and 1 ready to rock like KC had today while . our bumbling response was another lame attempt to draw the offsides. Orton was not razor sharp today , but we were killing them throwing to our backs. So with 4 downs on their 15 we make no effort to get a first down, throw underneath or to run, we go the throw to the endzone 4 times. When it comes to crunch time, this coaching staff is in a highchair at the table with real NFL coaches.

Redzone offense is the only thing anyone could possibly complain about. We got more yards than most teams that have played the Chiefs.

I actually thought there was a lot of positives to take out of today's game:

1. Our defense is simply sick.

2. NH finally called some run plays that were somewhat more creative.

3. We managed to get the Brown involved in the passing game (which should've been done with Spiller)

4. Most important: The pass protection was phenomenal considering Orton was only sacked 1 time vs. a team ranked near the top in sacks.

We lost this game due to the screw-ups of two players: Brown and McKelvin. Simple as that. This isn't rocket science. There's no need to look into something that's not there. Brown and McKelvin lost us the game. End of story. Move on.

You get football...

So what's better 9-7 with Orton? Or 5-11 with EJ?

You could make the case that giving EJ more practice and improving draft position would constitute a more productive season.

9-7 with Orton. If you don't think it is then I question what you could get out of following this team at this point.