I have to vent (Lots of anger in here)

Virgil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a long long time since we Bills fans even had a game that mattered enough to get pissed off about....so for me that's a moral victory.....and so somebody's got to say it so I wil - there's always next year!

4 mind boggling events...

1 - Bryce Brown fumble on a play where if tackled would have been 1st and goal inside the 5.

2 - Chandlers inability to easily grab Brown's fumble in the endzone.

3 - McKelvin fumble leading to game winning score for KC.

4 - Four incomplete passes to the endzone from 1st and 10 at the 15 with the Bills in a great position to score. The OC has been stubborn and has been running the ball all year long, and with the game on the line in a situation where they were in 4 down territory...4 pass plays. That being said, 4 pretty bad throws by Orton in that situation.

Marrone is too soft of a Head Coach!! I'd like to see Schwartz run this team

1 - Bryce Brown fumble on a play where if tackled would have been 1st and goal inside the 5.

4 - Four incomplete passes to the endzone from 1st and 10 at the 15 with the Bills in a great position to score. The OC has been stubborn and has been running the ball all year long, and with the game on the line in a situation where they were in 4 down territory...4 pass plays. That being said, 4 pretty bad throws by Orton in that situation.

Our TEs are terrible and Orton needs to put the Jack down til after the game

No one will get fired. Hackett sucks as an o-coordinator though. This team has talent, but in key spots, there are still some f-ups. See: McKelvin, Lee Smith, anyone on the line except for Wood.

Wait you think C. Glenn suck? E.Wood is decent. I Haven't Seen Much From Him At center. He's solid but C.Glenn is a beast. I absolutely hate Hackett as a OC but he called a decent game today that offense just couldn't get it together. B.Brown what a freaking bonehead play by him. And the last series in the red zone was the worst thing I've seen since becoming a Bills fan. I'm a big fan of R.Woods but he's becoming Stevie Johnson #2. This game went from fun to disgusting in no time.

The Brown fumble hurt us huge. But coaching decisions were crippling in the second half. 4th and inches??? Grow some balls..or brains not sure which one is more lacking. If they didn't get it, I'd be ok with the decision. This team HAS THE LONGEST PLAYOFF DROUGHT IN THE NFL! 4th and inches AND 4th and 1... nah lets not do it. 4th and 10? Sounds good,lets have a go at it Nate. Jokes. Got the ball to start at their 25? Run against a weak run defense? Nah, lets pass every down against one of THE TOP PASS DEFENSES in the league. What'd Marriuci say NFL stands for? Damn it hurts being a Bills fan sometimes...

Bryce Brown lost us this game. Plain and simple.

That is the season ending play that everyone will remember from the 2014 season. Just like the dropped pass by Stevie in the Falcon game in 2013. Once it happened, we ALL knew the Bills don't come back from those kind of plays.

It's also the play that's the beginning of the end of the Doug Marrone era IMO. The culture of losing is stamped on this team once again with this crushing defeat and Marrone was not chosen by the new owner.

Leodis made a mistake. He was one of many of them. I'm not calling for anyone's head here. Well, maybe the Offensive Coordinators for not getting it done when he had the chance at the end.

But I also feel like no one is going anywhere this year or next. They want stability and have said that

This loss is squarely on the Bryce Brown Fumble. If he just holds on to the ball and he goes down at the three we win going away. Blaming the coaches is pure BS. This loss belongs to Bryce Brown!

This was the biggest blow of all. It cost us 7 points that in the end would have won the game.

The Bills record should be 7 - 2. When you give away games like they did today and against Houston, one has every right to vent. The problem is, after all these years of serious venting, there's not much breath left for the next game's vent.

One of my pet peeves is when people say "The Bills should be _____, if they could just ______ and fix _______, we're looking at a playoff caliber team.

Frankly, if the Jay Cutler didn't throw that INT to Kyle in the Bears game, if the Lions had any other kicker or if we didn't have Sammy making spectacular catches, if the Vikings could just stop one 4th and 20, the Bills are 3-7 and the season's over.

This loss is squarely on the Bryce Brown Fumble. If he just holds on to the ball and he goes down at the three we win going away. Blaming the coaches is pure BS. This loss belongs to Bryce Brown!

Brown had the TD. That Chiefs defender had no chance at tackling Brown before the goal line with how fast Brown was going. Edited by Teen Insight

Look at the incomplete pass to Hogan, double covered in the end zone. Play it back. Woods is wide open at about the 10 yard line, and probably gets at least a few more after the catch. 3rd and 2 at worst. Yet Orton forces it into the end zone as if Hogan is Megatron or something. Bryce Brown? Yeah, embarrassing. But at least he did give us a running game today. Orton had a really poor game. And finally: Goodwin. I don't know how many "TJ is Awful" threads we've seen here since he was drafted. Where's the Goodwin is Awful thread? He has 1 catch this year. ONE. And now he's hurt again. I know he's missed time, but if you can find me one objective reason why he is not, in fact, the Second Coming of TJ, I'll buy you a beer. Or a keg.

EDIT: I think I'll start my own damn Goodwin is TJ v.2 thread!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

The play was there on third down. Hogan was open for the td. Orton just missed. I wasn't crazy about the playcalling onthat series, but it has to be stated -- an accurate throw and the bills are up 20-17 easily. Orton was off for much of the day after being highly accurate early on. Maybe the 5 drops in the first half got to him.

The interesting thing is this:

For all the mishaps, the fumble by BB, the horrid coaching at critical moments, the not ready for prime time OC, blah blah...

This game is a "WIN" if we have a real QB.

We need to find one. Until we do, so much of what is discussed on this forum is just a waste of time

You guys saw today why Orton is a journeyman. Hey, I like the guy, I think you can win with him. But you'll almost never win because of him. I saw enough of this in Denver.