Best steak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fwiw, I've been to a few places that have been on Man vs Food and they are usually terrible. Just because they are places that serve humongous servings doesn't make them good. For example, The Silo has "The Haystack" and it's absolutely crap compared to good steak subs in the area.

This one is apparently pretty good, but they have other steaks as well. Like I said, i haven't been there, just going by a friends review. I think it closed for a bit and then re-opened under new ownership, at least it was open this summer. And damn about the haystack, I wanted to try that!

Edited by ricojes

Also, just thought i would post this. We have been eating a lot of Flat Iron steak at home when we have red meat.

It is usually $6.99 a pound at the Kroger. Do an hour marinated in Olive Oil, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Garlic, mustard powder, salt and pepper.

Grill directly over a mesquite chip pack, slice across the grain...wow is it ever tender and extremely flavorful.

I never have a problem paying top dollar if the food and service are on par with the price. I have heard nothing but good things regarding both at Russell's.

I was up in Detroit and went to a place recommended by a customer. Andiamo's maybe, but I enjoyed a nice 20 oz steak, w/sides and "soda" for under $30. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The chopped sirloin at Ponderosa never fails to disappoint.

Just kidding. Chophouse is overrated. Have went there 4 times now & I think it sucks. EB Greens is good but for a steakhouse around here my money goes on either Russells or Kennedy's Cove on main street in Clarence.

I could make a steak better then any of those places though & for a fraction of the price. That is why I rarely go out to tghose places unless it is a special occassion.

I wouldn't consider it a "steak house" but I have seen them serve pretty straight up monster steaks. They do a porterhouse with bone marrow and confit potatoes for two, where the steak is so huge that it comes out on this huge cutting board.

But I think they are more known for their creative gastro-pub fare, like their mussels and quirky sandwiches and flatbreads.

I would still recommend it-- but not as a pure steakhouse.

perfect

Unfortunately my favorite ever steak place is now closed. It was Lucia's in Olean and their porterhouse would come out hanging over the edges of the plate. Perfectly cooked and the best butter sauce I've ever had topping it. Damn I miss that place.

that sux

I never have a problem paying top dollar if the food and service are on par with the price. I have heard nothing but good things regarding both at Russell's.

been to Russells and thought it was ok but I'm hard to please. wish EB Greens was as good as it used to be, which WAS friggin awesome.

The chopped sirloin at Ponderosa never fails to disappoint.

Just kidding. Chophouse is overrated. Have went there 4 times now & I think it sucks. EB Greens is good but for a steakhouse around here my money goes on either Russells or Kennedy's Cove on main street in Clarence.

I could make a steak better then any of those places though & for a fraction of the price. That is why I rarely go out to tghose places unless it is a special occassion.

Where do you get your Steaks? The quality of the meat is the most important part of a good steak.

You're going to Hell.

:lol:

Sweet baby Jesus that sounds good.

If anyone wants to try the best (IMO) butter poached steak, check out Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak restaurant. There are a couple in CA, one in Florida, one in Phoenix, and one in DC. I ate at the one in DC...have a buddy who is friends with Michael. Incredible.

been to Russells and thought it was ok but I'm hard to please. wish EB Greens was as good as it used to be, which WAS friggin awesome.

Where do you get your Steaks? The quality of the meat is the most important part of a good steak.

I either usually go to Wegman's & get it right from there Butcher Block. Also Dash's on Main Street have very good cuts of meat. They usually also have bone in ribeyes which wegmans usually does not have.

wish EB Greens was as good as it used to be, which WAS friggin awesome.

Really? It's probably been over a year since my last visit. What's the issue...Food? service? both? I know it's not Jackie Jocko...

Edited by ricojes

Really? It's probably been over a year since my last visit. What's the issue...Food? service? both? I know it's not Jackie Jocko...

Jackie is great so is service, the steak just sucked, I could have gotten the same thing any old place. The first time I went there the steak so good that every bite tasted like the first and the flavor never faded as you chewed it and definitely was my best ever.

I either usually go to Wegman's & get it right from there Butcher Block. Also Dash's on Main Street have very good cuts of meat. They usually also have bone in ribeyes which wegmans usually does not have.

:thumbsup: