2014 NFL draft do over (I love this )

HOUSE

Come on---Houston needs a QB now and this guy gives them....Khalil Mack??

Silly.

There CLEARLY wasn't a QB worth the 1st pick. They had it narrowed down to Mack and Clowney supposedly. Mack may go to the Pro Bowl this year. He would take their defense from good to elite (what Clowney hasn't done yet). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Houston wanted bookend DEs so teams couldn't double team Watt. As if Watt is having problems. Even without Clowney I think Watt's the defensive player of the year. Now, put Mack into the LBs and Houston really could have a dominant front seven.

This isn't just Monday morning QBing. I saw a lot of pre-draft shows discussing whether Clowney or Mack should be the top overall pick. And about the idea that the Bills could have drafted another WR and kept their first rounder for next year, that really is Monday morning QBing. The Bills have the demonstrated capability to pick the wrong player. Year after year they get people who don't turn into much while lower picks develop into stars. I'll take the Watkins bird in the hand, and give up the pick next year.

There CLEARLY wasn't a QB worth the 1st pick. They had it narrowed down to Mack and Clowney supposedly. Mack may go to the Pro Bowl this year. He would take their defense from good to elite (what Clowney hasn't done yet).

The Texans offense is holding them back. The consensus is that it is the QB spot that ills them most. The point of the "re-draft" isn't whether a QB would have gone at #1. It is what would have been a better pick for each team based on who was available and what they need now.

Even if Clowney was uninjured and playing lights out right now, the Texans would be in the same place they are now because of their offense. So, picking Mack over Clowney doesn't make sense. This NFL.com guy put Carr in the top 10 (ahead of Bortles) in his "do over" draft--yet not to the Texans.

Makes no sense.

The Texans offense is holding them back. The consensus is that it is the QB spot that ills them most. The point of the "re-draft" isn't whether a QB would have gone at #1. It is what would have been a better pick for each team based on who was available and what they need now.

Even if Clowney was uninjured and playing lights out right now, the Texans would be in the same place they are now because of their offense. So, picking Mack over Clowney doesn't make sense. This NFL.com guy put Carr in the top 10 (ahead of Bortles) in his "do over" draft--yet not to the Texans.

Makes no sense.

The redraft accounted for team needs and how they were approaching the draft. Honestly Carr has been pretty good but didn't belong in the top 3 either. Jacksonville was drafting a QB no matter what despite the smokescreens. Houston didn't really like any of them and thought that they were getting Teddy with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. O'Brien had been eyeing Mallet and probably knew that they would be able to get him.

The redraft accounted for team needs and how they were approaching the draft. Honestly Carr has been pretty good but didn't belong in the top 3 either. Jacksonville was drafting a QB no matter what despite the smokescreens. Houston didn't really like any of them and thought that they were getting Teddy with the 1st pick in the 2nd round. O'Brien had been eyeing Mallet and probably knew that they would be able to get him.

Even if that is true, I don't see how Mack makes a different impact in the long run for Texans. Clowney hasn't had a chance to make an impact.

Even if that is true, I don't see how Mack makes a different impact in the long run for Texans. Clowney hasn't had a chance to make an impact.

Maybe not, but so far he is playing at a Pro Bowl level and Clowney is making people wonder about his desire. There were questions on him coming out (not in terms of talent) and he hasn't done anything to dispell them.

I totally agree that they need a QB either way but apparently they weren't very high on the guys in this past draft.

IMO odds are Sammy goes #1. If they pass on clowney because of his rocky start, I can't possibly see using #1 overall on mack. He's solid but sure as heck not dominant like a Ray Lewis or an LT. Would you use #1 overall at that position on anything less than HoF potential?

Taking Sammy works for them because then they can cut ties with the unhappy Andre Johnson, maybe trade for a draff pick, save cap space, and position to get their QB next year. OR if hindsight were really 20-20, take carr with 33rd overall in round 2. Sammy and Carr would have been an amazing draft for them, and huge uprgade of the offense.

Edited by JTSP