2014 NFL draft do over (I love this )

HOUSE

IMO odds are Sammy goes #1. If they pass on clowney because of his rocky start, I can't possibly see using #1 overall on mack. He's solid but sure as heck not dominant like a Ray Lewis or an LT. Would you use #1 overall at that position on anything less than HoF potential?

Mack and Sammy were very similar as prospects coming out. Those 2 (along with Jake Mathews) were the safest players coming out. Mack and Watkins have much more upside than Mathews though. At the moment Sammy and Mack would be the OROY & DROY.

Where we disagree is that Mack isn't "solid." He's a star. He has been dominating. There is a good chance that he goes to the Pro Bowl this year and could even be an All-Pro. He has graded out off the charts so far. Mack has been all over the field on a bad team. If I were Houston and already had Johnson and Hopkins, Mack probably would have been my pick.

With that being said I think that Sammy is the best player in the draft because he can take games over as a WR. You could flip a coin though and would be thrilled with either.

Maybe not, but so far he is playing at a Pro Bowl level and Clowney is making people wonder about his desire. There were questions on him coming out (not in terms of talent) and he hasn't done anything to dispell them.

I totally agree that they need a QB either way but apparently they weren't very high on the guys in this past draft.

Clowney was injured. He has only played in 2 games. Unfortunately for him, the people questioning his toughness are in the FO of his team. That FO is a joke. Let's see how he does the rest of the season.

Regardless, I don't see how the Texans are more sucessful if you swap out Clowney for Mack. With Mack, the Raiders give up significantly more poitns per game than the Texans do without Clowney.

Why trade for Clowney? Wait till his contract runs out, and steal him from the Texans as a FA like we did with Mario Williams.

We "stole" Mario from the Texans? In Utah, does "overpaid" mean the same thing as "stole"?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I find it interesting that Taylor Lewan is looking like he may be the best of the LTs.

He was and remained throughout the evaluation process slotted behind the other two but he started to open some eyes with his superior combine and his performance seems to continuing it's upward trend after now in his early pro career.

Good for him!

Clowney was injured. He has only played in 2 games. Unfortunately for him, the people questioning his toughness are in the FO of his team. That FO is a joke. Let's see how he does the rest of the season.

Regardless, I don't see how the Texans are more sucessful if you swap out Clowney for Mack. With Mack, the Raiders give up significantly more poitns per game than the Texans do without Clowney.

The Houston defense is way better than the Raiders defense though. It's not really a fair comparison. Players can excel on bad offenses and defenses we see it all the time.

I agree that the Houston FO is a mess. The Clowney thing though has gone beyond his injury. They were saying that he sat out last week with a cold. I would hope that it was worse than that but his history has people giving him less slack. I like Clowney as a prospect quite a bit but at the moment he is certainly not ahead of Mack.

The Houston defense is way better than the Raiders defense though. It's not really a fair comparison. Players can excel on bad offenses and defenses we see it all the time.

I agree that the Houston FO is a mess. The Clowney thing though has gone beyond his injury. They were saying that he sat out last week with a cold. I would hope that it was worse than that but his history has people giving him less slack. I like Clowney as a prospect quite a bit but at the moment he is certainly not ahead of Mack.

Not sure about "way better". If you go by "total defense" (YPG), Oak is 16, Hou is 28th.

Why would an NFL team be publicly ragging on their #1 draft pick 8 games into the season?

I think O'Brien was a poor hire by the Texans. He's in over his head. Clueless. He is another NE coordinator doomed to the same fate as all therest who left BB's protective penumbra.