Former Bills' WR James Hardy Committed to a Mental Facility

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's unfortuante. I actually thought he had potential. People poke fun at these draft busts but it must be a hard life after the NFL, thinking they were going to be a pro athlete all their life and then its all over in a couple years.

Really good point. I'm constantly surprised how callous so many posters are about players. These are real, live people. Yeah, they get to play a sport for a living, but it's usually short lived and they have a lot of life to live after the game is over.

Well that's unfortuante. I actually thought he had potential. People poke fun at these draft busts but it must be a hard life after the NFL, thinking they were going to be a pro athlete all their life and then its all over in a couple years.

Absolutely, being a 2nd round pick too, you envision a long, lucrative career where you retire to palm trees frozen drinks after (well at least I would). Then you get cut and are thrust into a world where you have no tangible skills and your 40 time and vertical don't matter.

This guy was nuts from the second we drafted him. I recall a situation where he threatened his own father with a gun. Funny how our scouts didn't see any of that coming.

Or knew he was shaky but thought he could still play. I'd say that's the bigger issue the scouts missed

This guy was nuts from the second we drafted him. I recall a situation where he threatened his own father with a gun. Funny how our scouts didn't see any of that coming.

The sad thing was that Jordy Nelson was still on the board, and went a few picks later to GB.

I bet GB was laughing at the Bills in their draft room when they picked Hardy.....I know I was.

The sad thing was that Jordy Nelson was still on the board, and went a few picks later to GB.

I bet GB was laughing at the Bills in their draft room when they picked Hardy.....I know I was.

ehh that's easy for you to say. Who knows where they'd both be today if hardy got to play with Rodgers and Nelson had to go play with Trent Edwards. I liked the hardy pick at the time; it was very un bills-like for that regime. Were you similarly laughing at the bears when they took alshon Jeffery in the second round? You must've been having a real hoot in your draft room when the bucs took warren sapp and when the vikings took randy moss. Edited by metzelaars_lives

You have a draft room?

A better snarky comment would have been:

You were in Green Bay's draft room?

@metzelaars: your point about Rogers vs Edwards is a good one....I'm sure if you asked Nelson, he is perfectly fine with how things turned out!