Sanchez Starting QB for the Eagles with Foles Out 6-8 Weeks

early in the offseason i wouldnt have been terribly upset if he came to buff in the "orton role"

hes not going to be great, but he could be an ok vet backup that can contribute for longer stretches if needed.

It will definitely be interesting to see how he does with a real offense around him.

Agreed w/ both. Foles wasn't exactly tearing it up this year. Sanchez may have a decent shot to take that team to the playoffs.

Kelly's offense will change with Sanchez

With the change from Nick Foles to Mark Sanchez at quarterback, there will be a change in Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly's offense. That's because, as Kelly put it Monday, "I don't have an offense."

Last season, the Eagles' offense changed when Foles replaced the more mobile Michael Vick at quarterback. There will be similar, if less dramatic, changes with Sanchez playing anywhere from four to eight games.

"I've said that since Day 1," Kelly said. "Our offense is directed around our quarterback. So tell me who is playing quarterback and I'll tell you what our offense is going to be and how it's going to look because we can always cater it to the skills of our offense. That's the beauty of what we're doing here."

He was every bit as mediocre as he has always been against the Texans. Two interceptions, one TD. Lucky it was just the Texans and Ryan Fitzpatrick is just as mediocre. He will win some games with the Eagkes but this is the end of their chances to win the Dvision.

He was every bit as mediocre as he has always been against the Texans. Two interceptions, one TD. Lucky it was just the Texans and Ryan Fitzpatrick is just as mediocre. He will win some games with the Eagkes but this is the end of their chances to win the Dvision.

Actually, he was 15/22 for 200+ yards with 2TDs and 2 ints. Not a bad performance for a guy who came off of the bench with no live reps since their 3rd preseason game.

who wins that division? cowboys are fading fast, skins are on life-support, and giants have shown nothing

Edited by JTSP

You haven't watched Foles play this season if that's how you feel. Sanchez is a possible upgrade at the position for them, we'll see if it shakes out that way (it might not) but I think if I'm an Iggles fan, I'm feeling okay about this move.

EJ's career would be in better shape if the Eagles drafted him. Kelly gets the most out of his players and make them fit into his system.

But at least we have Nate Hackett.

He is a hell of a lot better than Geno.

Is he really though? Those Jets teams Danchez played on were loaded at the beginning. Great defense, good receivers & rbs, and maybe the best oline in football.

I think geno is kinda of a dummy but they are fairly close as players.

You haven't watched Foles play this season if that's how you feel. Sanchez is a possible upgrade at the position for them, we'll see if it shakes out that way (it might not) but I think if I'm an Iggles fan, I'm feeling okay about this move.

Chip Kelly has flaws too ? they say its a copycat league lol.