Thoughts on who will coach Jets in 2015

I don't think Bill Cowher will ever coach again. He's been away too long and the money is too easy.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Ryan stay and Idzik go. As a coach, Ryan can only do so much with that nightmare of a roster.

I see this as a possibility. There is no talent on that team. I think Ryan has actually done a good job keeping them competitive in a number of games.

Haha. Vick is terrible. Ryan is a great defensive coach and a good head coach. IF he went to a team with an established franchise QB, he'd be a great coach. He just can't find a QB.

And the hard on people have for Cowher is crazy. Has he been out of the NFL 10 years noW? Also, Dick LeBeau deserves almost as much credit as Cowher for their success. Tomlin has stepped in and hasn't missed a beat.

I hope they go the retrend, big splash route. I'd hate to see a creative college coach go there.

a good argument could be made that Dick LeBeau should be the Coach of the Year this year, if a coordinator can win it. What his D has done with an awful roster of over the hill and unknown players is amazing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's what I don't get about the win games now at all costs mentality of the NFL. At this point, the Jests are done this season. They know what Vick is. Why not let Geno play it out? If he gets better with the experience and wins some games in the process, great. If he doesn't then you know for sure you need a QB and the losing moves you up higher in the draft. Sucks for the people buying the tickets, and they would hear about it (particularly in NYC), but trying to eek out a couple more wins with a known quantity veteran QB makes no long term sense.

You are absolutely right. The problem is that Rex is trying to save his job by eeking out a few more wins, but the best interest of the franchise is served by giving Geno more experience, and thereby bottoming out to get a top three draft choice, putting the team in position to draft Mariota or Winston. I would not be surprised to see Rex removed before the end of the season for this reason. Bottoming out this year is clearly part of Idzik's long-term strategic plan.

I see this as a possibility. There is no talent on that team. I think Ryan has actually done a good job keeping them competitive in a number of games.

I disagree that there is no talent on the Jests' roster. They are strong in both trenches. Obviously, they need a QB and a couple playmakers on offense, along with some help in the defensive secondary. They are in very good cap shape now and will be in even better cap shape next year. That is very much part of Idzik's plan.

And the hard on people have for Cowher is crazy. Has he been out of the NFL 10 years noW?

So? Dick Vermeil was out of football for 15 years when he was hired by the Rams.

Also, Dick LeBeau deserves almost as much credit as Cowher for their success. Tomlin has stepped in and hasn't missed a beat.

Can't disagree with that. LeBeau is a phenomenal DC.

And to think, the Bills had him for one year. GW should have kicked Jerry Gray to the curb and kept LeBeau.

I hope they go the retrend, big splash route. I'd hate to see a creative college coach go there.

There have been numerous "creative college coaches" that have failed in the NFL.

Hackett and Maronne decided they were going to be "creative" when they decided last year to run an uptempo no huddle offense with a rookie QB and 2 rookie WR.

How did that work out?

If the Bills are in the market for a new coach (and it isn't Schwartz) Gus Malzahn is my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.

Um, no thanks. IMHO, he would be a complete disaster at the pro level. He gets away with a ton of BS at the collegiate level.

Um, no thanks. IMHO, he would be a complete disaster at the pro level. He gets away with a ton of BS at the collegiate level.

No offense but I don't think that anyone is going to put too much stock into the opinion of a guy that has an Alabama avatar. Malzahn is Chip Kelly on steroids. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I hope not, and can only hope its somebody lame again.

Eric Mangini, Herman Edwards, Al Groh... their choices for head coaches are about as bad as their choices for QB.

Just think, this team fired Mangini at 9-7. Plus they had Bill Belichick for a day!

I don't think we're the ones who should be throwing any stones.

No offense but I don't think that anyone is going to take too much stock into the opinion of a guy that has an Alabama avatar. Malzahn is Chip Kelly on steroids.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/01/auburn-got-away-with-12-men-on-the-field-against-ole-miss/

You think that's one time hiccup? Think again ...

sst_normal.jpgSST Radio Show @SSTRadio · 4h 4 hours ago

Wow! Confirmed now that Auburn ran 4 plays vs. Ole Miss with 12 men on the field. How bad was that officiating crew?

http://thebiglead.com/2014/11/01/auburn-got-away-with-12-men-on-the-field-against-ole-miss/

Wow! Confirmed now that Auburn ran 4 plays vs. Ole Miss with 12 men on the field. How bad was that officiating crew?

I watch a ton of SEC football being in SEC country and he consistently moves the ball on everyone. It isn't like his team is moving the ball on Illinois (and I'm an Ohio State fan) they are moving it on pro talent. His teams do it with pace, formation and scheme. What he coaches is what is currently working in the NFL. Malzahn is a better version of Chip Kelly IMO. He isn't going to come cheap (at all) if he ever decides to make the leap.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

if "No Pain, No Lane" Kiffin could be a HC in the NFL, Malzahn is a shoe-in.

if "No Pain, No Lane" Kiffin could be a HC in the NFL, Malzahn is a shoe-in.

How did that work out?

Last I checked, Kiffin is an OC at the collegiate level. He couldn't cut it as a HC (pro or college).

Just because somebody takes a chance on a hot college coach does not mean said hot college coach is automatically

going to be a good to great NFL HC.

How did that work out?

Last I checked, Kiffin is an OC at the collegiate level. He couldn't cut it as a HC (pro or college).

Just because somebody takes a chance on a hot college coach does not mean said hot college coach is automatically

going to be a good to great NFL HC.

laney never should have been hired. The fact that he was means Malzahn, who is worlds better IMO, has an NFL job if he wants one. He could easily be another Chip Kelly or Jim Harbaugh.