NFL.com midseason predictions: TSW's bulletin board material

I read through this same article yesterday and could not believe that they did not include the Bills. I kept scrolling down waiting to see what they said about Buffalo and was shocked when they didnt even include us in the article. I read through again just to make sure that I didnt miss us and sure enough those Morons did not even put us in there

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon...after 14 years of abject futility, does anyone here honestly expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year? We might hope they do...but deep down, is anyone not completely pessimistic and expecting them to collapse down the stretch?

I am definitely taking a wait and see attitude. I do feel a sense of "Groundhog Day" about the coming second half of the season.

Even if the Bills somehow slip into the playoffs, it's likely to be an away game, and it's likely their O-line deficiencies will be exploited big time. Making the playoffs only to be taken out in the first round isn't that much better than not making it in - in my fan-view.

I'm more interested in seeing them at least compete for a conference championship game, and that's not going to happen with the present O-line. If the line somehow gels enough to actually present a challenge to win a playoff game this year, I'll be very, very happy.

I feel like if we can keep our defense intact (by not losing Hughes and others) we have a great chance to contend for the conference championship next year with some O-line additions and growth in those young players.

I am definitely taking a wait and see attitude. I do feel a sense of "Groundhog Day" about the coming second half of the season.

Even if the Bills somehow slip into the playoffs, it's likely to be an away game, and it's likely their O-line deficiencies will be exploited big time. Making the playoffs only to be taken out in the first round isn't that much better than not making it in - in my fan-view.

I'm more interested in seeing them at least compete for a conference championship game, and that's not going to happen with the present O-line. If the line somehow gels enough to actually present a challenge to win a playoff game this year, I'll be very, very happy.

I feel like if we can keep our defense intact (by not losing Hughes and others) we have a great chance to contend for the conference championship next year with some O-line additions and growth in those young players.

Personally, I couldn't care any less about the previous 14 years as they have absolutely zero impact on what happens this season.

C'mon...after 14 years of abject futility, does anyone here honestly expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year? We might hope they do...but deep down, is anyone not completely pessimistic and expecting them to collapse down the stretch?

have you been reading the posts here WRT KO and a rebirth?

yeah I know I am an idiot!!

Personally, I couldn't care any less about the previous 14 years as they have absolutely zero impact on what happens this season.

it's a mental thing.

The players have to buy into the motto -- This Is Our Time

mRUDk5fktgRdjo8Df3PeXEA.jpg

OurTime-Header.jpg

Finally, we're all here and we can start the meeting.

LMAO Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Being a fan since 1968 has definitely warped (destroyed?) my sense of optimism when it comes to the Bills' prospects at mid-season. I can't help but wince during our bye week each year. Don't blame the victim! :death:

Being a fan since 1968 has definitely warped (destroyed?) my sense of optimism when it comes to the Bills' prospects at mid-season. I can't help but wince during our bye week each year. Don't blame the victim! :death:

This is clinically known as Battered Fan Syndrome. :unsure::cry: Have you sought counseling?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Anybody watching the Bills performance this past weekend in which they thoroughly dominated the opposition, but let them linger around until the fourth quarter would understand the lack of respect for the Bills.

Objectively, I think we have a chance, but it's a relatively small one. We have some really tough games, along with some really tough competition for the playoff spots.

Needs:

- For us to perform at the same level, or better

- NE to stumble

- AFC North team to pull away, and the other two to stumble

- KC, Houston, San Diego to stumble

That's a lot of needs there in order to have a shot... I have our chances at like 10%, but I also have our chances of finishing with a winning record as pretty high.

I won't believe in the Bills making the playoffs either if I wasn't a Bills fan. Why would you? Do you think people think the Bills are going to make the playoffs now because they have Orton starting?

The only way to convince people is to finish the job. We're had great starts before. We need to finish them now.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ds-spawn-debate

Battista, Brandt, Billick, Brooks, Schein, Dameshek, Harrison, Silver, Casserly...9 NFL.com/Network's talking heads make their predictions for the division championships and the wild cards in the AFC.

I'll give you the long and the short of it:

2 locks for their div. - Colts and Patriots (fine).

Then the nine pick their two wild card teams, essentially 18 potential votes...they pick 8 teams

San Diego

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Kansas City

Denver

Houston

Cleveland

The six teams completely left out - Bills (5-3), Jets (1-7), Jags (1-7), Titans (2-6), Raiders (0-7), Phins (4-3; and the phins get Sand Diego this week before they hit mid-season)

...yeah, sorry, but I'm p****d. I don't need any sort of consensus, but just one would have been nice.

Is pissed a naughty word?

http://www.nfl.com/n...ds-spawn-debate

Battista, Brandt, Billick, Brooks, Schein, Dameshek, Harrison, Silver, Casserly...9 NFL.com/Network's talking heads make their predictions for the division championships and the wild cards in the AFC.

I'll give you the long and the short of it:

2 locks for their div. - Colts and Patriots (fine).

Then the nine pick their two wild card teams, essentially 18 potential votes...they pick 8 teams

San Diego

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Kansas City

Denver

Houston

Cleveland

The six teams completely left out - Bills (5-3), Jets (1-7), Jags (1-7), Titans (2-6), Raiders (0-7), Phins (4-3; and the phins get Sand Diego this week before they hit mid-season)

...yeah, sorry, but I'm p****d. I don't need any sort of consensus, but just one would have been nice.

Worst 5-3 team in football? If we didn't have that defense, I might be inclined to agree given our OLine, lack of running game, and poor pass protection. But I think our defense is the real deal and as they've shown, they can keep us in any ball game. If the offense ever gets its collective schit together, we can be a force. I don't think the pundits are aware of that.

GO BILLS!!!