NFL.com midseason predictions: TSW's bulletin board material

http://www.nfl.com/n...ds-spawn-debate

Battista, Brandt, Billick, Brooks, Schein, Dameshek, Harrison, Silver, Casserly...9 NFL.com/Network's talking heads make their predictions for the division championships and the wild cards in the AFC.

I'll give you the long and the short of it:

2 locks for their div. - Colts and Patriots (fine).

Then the nine pick their two wild card teams, essentially 18 potential votes...they pick 8 teams

San Diego

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Kansas City

Denver

Houston

Cleveland

The six teams completely left out - Bills (5-3), Jets (1-7), Jags (1-7), Titans (2-6), Raiders (0-7), Phins (4-3; and the phins get Sand Diego this week before they hit mid-season)

...yeah, sorry, but I'm p****d. I don't need any sort of consensus, but just one would have been nice.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Michael Silver is, but he's an idiot. No way in hell the Texans and Browns take the two wild card spots. Take out his two long shots and I can't get too bent out of shape with what the rest thought.

Yeah...but I wish that idiot would have picked us at least once.

I saw this yesterday and my reaction is WGAS?

D2DGAS

:P

The Putrids are HOT, until they lose 2 or more in the next 4 to 6 weeks that opinion will not change.

- Also the Bills need to win out over that same time frame.

Any hopes of the Bills taking the division w/o that happening are slim. The numbers bear that out

see - http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172651-mathematical-model-of-the-afc-playoff-picture/page__st__20

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Putrids are HOT, until they lose 2 or more in the next 4 to 6 weeks that opinion will not change.

- Also the Bills need to win out over that same time frame.

Any hopes of the Bills taking the division w/o that happening are slim. The numbers bear that out

see - http://forums.twobil...re/page__st__20

Additionally, BF4E, even if we go 10-6 I am not 100% confident of that record getting us in if we are just 6-6 in the conference.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ds-spawn-debate

Battista, Brandt, Billick, Brooks, Schein, Dameshek, Harrison, Silver, Casserly...9 NFL.com/Network's talking heads make their predictions for the division championships and the wild cards in the AFC.

I'll give you the long and the short of it:

2 locks for their div. - Colts and Patriots (fine).

Then the nine pick their two wild card teams, essentially 18 potential votes...they pick 8 teams

San Diego

Cincinnati

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Kansas City

Denver

Houston

Cleveland

The six teams completely left out - Bills (5-3), Jets (1-7), Jags (1-7), Titans (2-6), Raiders (0-7), Phins (4-3; and the phins get Sand Diego this week before they hit mid-season)

...yeah, sorry, but I'm p****d. I don't need any sort of consensus, but just one would have been nice.

Let's break it down by schedule:

SD 5-3 @mia, OAk, Rams, @bal, NE, Den, @SF, @KC my prediction 9-7

Cin 3-2-1 Jax, Cle, @NO, @Hou, @TB, Pit, @cle, Den, @Pit prediction 8-6-1

Pit 5-3 Bal, @NYJ, @Ten, NO, @Cin, @ATL, KC, Cin prediction 10-6

Baltimore 5-3 @Pit, Ten, @NO, SD, @Mia, Jax, @Hou, Cle pred. 9-7

Kansas City 4-3 NYJ, @Buf, Sea, @Oak, Den, @ARI, Oak, @Pit, SD pred. 8-8

Denver 6-1 @NE, @Oak, @Stl, Mia, @KC, Buf, @SD, @Cin, Oak pred. 12-4

Houston 4-4 Phi, @Cle, Cin, Ten, @Jax,@Ind, Bal, Jax pred. 8-8

Cleveland 4-3 TB, @Cin, Hou, @Atl, @Buf, Ind, Cin, @Car, @Bal pred 8-8

Bills finish 9-7...Going to come down to tie breakers, Houston loss hurts, need more AFC wins...I'm saying there's a chance, haven't said that in a while.

As soon as the Pats lose one game the headlines will then say the AFCE is up for grabs, anyone can win it.

If they lose 2 games in a row or short time span the headlines will then read that the Patriots are vulnerable and will struggle to win the division.

Of course, these headlines are going to get attention. Just like at the checkout. Bat boy found in Arkansas. JLo has alien living in her tuchas. Bill Clinton wants sex change.

Then you look and they got you

yep did you see the "sounds of the game" with Brandon Spikes? he was telling the other guys on the bench about how the Bills were the underdogs vs the Jets and everyone was getting pumped up. i love being the underdog. good motivation

Additionally, BF4E, even if we go 10-6 I am not 100% confident of that record getting us in if we are just 6-6 in the conference.

I agree, Sorry if I was unclear, that is what I meant when I said the Bills need to win out in the next 4 to 6 weeks. Especially in week 17

The Bronc's game will be very tough challenge. GB should be tough too, but they have struggled a bit so far. The Browns - being a homer I say the Bills get a W, but they have played tough against good teams.

If the Bills flop against the Faiders ... I will be physically :sick:

JLo has alien living in her tuchas.

Got pics??

I saw the movie Parker on the plane yesterday. :thumbsup:

jennifer_lopez_parker__iOWZ13We.sized.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I don't know who Michael Silver is, but he's an idiot. No way in hell the Texans and Browns take the two wild card spots. Take out his two long shots and I can't get too bent out of shape with what the rest thought.

Hey, he picks the Falcons to win the South, too.

C'mon...after 14 years of abject futility, does anyone here honestly expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year? We might hope they do...but deep down, is anyone not completely pessimistic and expecting them to collapse down the stretch?

Let's break it down by schedule:

SD 5-3 @mia, OAk, Rams, @bal, NE, Den, @SF, @KC my prediction 9-7

Cin 3-2-1 Jax, Cle, @NO, @Hou, @TB, Pit, @cle, Den, @Pit prediction 8-6-1

Pit 5-3 Bal, @NYJ, @Ten, NO, @Cin, @ATL, KC, Cin prediction 10-6

Baltimore 5-3 @Pit, Ten, @NO, SD, @Mia, Jax, @Hou, Cle pred. 9-7

Kansas City 4-3 NYJ, @Buf, Sea, @Oak, Den, @ARI, Oak, @Pit, SD pred. 8-8

Denver 6-1 @NE, @Oak, @Stl, Mia, @KC, Buf, @SD, @Cin, Oak pred. 12-4

Houston 4-4 Phi, @Cle, Cin, Ten, @Jax,@Ind, Bal, Jax pred. 8-8

Cleveland 4-3 TB, @Cin, Hou, @Atl, @Buf, Ind, Cin, @Car, @Bal pred 8-8

Bills finish 9-7...Going to come down to tie breakers, Houston loss hurts, need more AFC wins...I'm saying there's a chance, haven't said that in a while.

Nicely thought out, ricojes!

Yeah, at the time I thought the loss to Houston would hurt us and it looks more and more like that is the case each passing week. I don't think about the Patriots game because in retrospect we just weren't going to win that one.

For our remaining games I see the increasing difficulty to win as follows:

Jets

Oakland

Browns

Miami

KC

Green Bay

New England

Denver

I believe the Jets and Raiders are sure wins,

Browns and KC likely wins,

Miami and GB, shaky (yes, I know it is out of order, but it just the way I feel - sorry Big Cat - about a being a road team on a Thursday night game),

and I just don't think we can win at all in Denver and New England.

...weird to think, though, if the Bills win all their home games and beat Oakland on the road they'll be 10-6.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

C'mon...after 14 years of abject futility, does anyone here honestly expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year? We might hope they do...but deep down, is anyone not completely pessimistic and expecting them to collapse down the stretch?

It's likely to come down to the Pats game the last game of the season. If I were the Pats, I would lose to the Bills on purpose, knowing that if for some reason you had to play them again in the post season, you could beat them whenever you want. If it's another team that gets in instead of the Bills, there's a chance they could beat you.

It's likely to come down to the Pats game the last game of the season. If I were the Pats, I would lose to the Bills on purpose, knowing that if for some reason you had to play them again in the post season, you could beat them whenever you want. If it's another team that gets in instead of the Bills, there's a chance they could beat you.

I could see it. It'd be kinda funny to see the Pats up 14 in the 4th, Brady throws the ball behind him into the end zone. On the ensuing kickoff, Edelman forgets the ball in the end zone and runs away. Bills go for 2 to win while the entire Pats defense lies on their stomach in front of the O-line.