Anybody see Bradham's taunting penalty?

I know he's been thrashed for missing tackles. But look who he's trying to tackle in an open field....Harvin and Vick. Once they got to the second half, he didn't miss tackles on anybody.

I challenge anybody on earth to do a solo tackle on Harvin or Vick in an open field. Not fair.

The TV replay never showed the taunt that resulted in a 15 yard penalty. What was it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain words? Any lipreader with minimum skills could see that Rex used about 50 f-bombs when screaming at the refs. Where was his flag?

You can't use any racial slurs on the field. It's a point of emphasis this year. I'm not certain that's what got Nigel, but it looked like it on the play.

To me the taunting penalties are the worst and should only be called in the most blatant and egregious of cases. It doesn't protect players and it doesn't enforce the rules of the game, but it can impact the outcome of the game. With how difficult it is to get the real calls right, I think the NFL should think real damn hard about opening this one up.

I didn't B word about it that much because it ultimately led to a missed FG, but if that taunting penalty on Hughes in NE had cost us the game I might consider an NFL boycott. That was inexcusable.

Pretty sure it was the other way around, no? Didn't Brad-ham's taunting penalty happen first? I remember thinking the one they called on Vick was a make up call.

This is correct. Bradham's penalty happened first and it was a phantom call. Later, they called one on Vick for who knows what. Neither should have been called.

I think it was when he repeated taunted Vick with: "uh huh, that's right--keep runnin right by me. That's it, you just keep on runnin...make no mistake, you do NOT want me catchin up with you....".

No, it was for singing "who let the dogs out" in Vick's direction.

And Vick's "taunting" penalty was for spiking the ball in front of the Bills' bench.

This is correct. Bradham's penalty happened first and it was a phantom call. Later, they called one on Vick for who knows what. Neither should have been called.

You're correct, Bradham happened prior to Vick. It knocked us out of field goal range.

There were no replays at the game and Harlan and Gannon (who were awful by the way) only made a cursory note about it. Does anybody have All-22 access?