Bills are only scoring enough points to win most of their games...

eball

...and I see this as a potentially significant issue going into the 2nd half of the season. At this pace, the Bills may only win 10 of their 16 games and be facing a situation in which they will have to try and score slightly more points than their opponent in the postseason.

Thoughts?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should be able to put those few extra points into a points bank to use when they don't score more points than the other team in a given game.

Yes. We should've saved 2 TD's for the Broncos game so we could jump to a 14 point lead. Friggin Havkett screwing us again.

...and I see this as a potentially significant issue going into the 2nd half of the season. At this pace, the Bills may only win 10 of their 16 games and be facing a situation in which they will have to try and score slightly more points than their opponent in the postseason.

Thoughts?

I wonder if this will help them win games?

Thoughts?

This is lazy analysis at best. You need to consider that in most games, the D is making it tough on opposing Offenses. Also, the ST have improved. All these aspects are making the Bills look better than they actually are. Next time, do you homework before posting.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Thoughts?

i'm going to study the tapes before I comment.

Realists understand that the simple accumulation of more points in any one game is not the true measure of a team's success. They know how to dig deeper and appreciate that there are always reasons to be grumpy and dissatisfied, unlike all those homers who think that scoring more points than the other teams each week is something to celebrate.

lol. Speaking of Dan Carpenter - the guy has been an absolute stud here. Lindell was awesome for us, but I'm more confident in Carpenter from 45+ than I was with Lindell.

yep Carpenter is the anti Lindell. Money when the kicks matter, misses an extra point in a blowout. Never trusted Lindell after that Pittsburgh miss.

But, its only points, of which Eric says we have a bad habit of just scoring enough of

lol. Speaking of Dan Carpenter - the guy has been an absolute stud here. Lindell was awesome for us, but I'm more confident in Carpenter from 45+ than I was with Lindell.

Guy missed a PAT. Which kicker misses a point after ? This gives me as much comfort as a condom claiming 95% effectiveness.