Trade deadline

BuffaninATL

If this is true it shows how backwards the NFL is. Act politically incorrect and you get blacklisted, but killed dogs, get DWIs, beat your family member we still have a spot for you.

If he was good enough, some team would give him a chance. For some reason, some folks act like he was a superstar. He was a moron for a lot of years and it caught up to him finally. Move on.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was good enough, some team would give him a chance. For some reason, some folks act like he was a superstar. He was a moron for a lot of years and it caught up to him finally. Move on.

I think some just believe he would be an upgrade over what is on this roster. That may not be true, but if people are looking for hope he provides it. And a superstar is not needed, a competent guard is.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I think even the biggest critics of Incognito would agree that he would be an instant upgrade over Pears. He doesn't have to be elite.

And considering he'd basically just be an 8-game rental to get us to the end of the season where we can address the G position more permanently, I really don't care about all the off-field stuff. Do people really think he would come in and poison the locker room in half a season? I don't. He'd essentially be playing for the paycheck and praying to god he did well enough and behaved enough for some team to take a flyer on him next year, otherwise his career is over for good.

I think it's stupid for the Bills not to sign him with the above in mind. We sign guys with off-field problems all the time. Probably more than any team in the league. When you haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years, you should be willing to try anything.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

If this is true it shows how backwards the NFL is. Act politically incorrect and you get blacklisted, but killed dogs, get DWIs, beat your family member we still have a spot for you.

You are assuming the Jonathan Martin incident is why he's blackballed. Nothing to do with it. He's a psycho and every NFL team knows it.

Maybe this has been said already, but do we really need three kickers on the roster? Could we lose Colton Schmidt? Maybe the Lions?

no way, Schmitty has been great. Do you mean jordan Gay, the KO spec? Lions have Prater now; he can do both. Unless he falls off the wagon again.

Schmidt has been pretty good for a rookie punter. Although he is 29th in average and 21 in net average, he leads the league in punts inside the 20. I'd get rid of Gay before Schmidt any day.

he had a very good day at MetLife. So much better than moorman/Powell last year.

Those idiots on WGR just suggested trading Kiko. Isn't he on IR?

schopp also voiced frustration over the fact no one was calling in....all phone lines open....

they must figure if they say something outrageous it might help get some listeners to call.

every time I give them 5 minutes, i'm reminded how bad they are.

Call me crazy, but I'd honestly be willing to trade Hughes for a top 5 guard. i think Hughes is an absolute stud, but I think one of the league's premiere guards would benefit this team more than the drop off from Hughes to Byrant/Wynn/Charles would hurt them.

No one in their right mind would give up a top 5 or 10 guard for Jerry Hughes. While he has been a stud for us that is mainly due to Mario, Kyle, and Dareus right next to him. NFL teams know that. Thats why he was considered a total bust until he got to Buffalo, and also why we got him in exchange for Sheppard. I assure you his trade value did not go up that much in his 24 games or so with the bills

I think even the biggest critics of Incognito would agree that he would be an instant upgrade over Pears. He doesn't have to be elite.

And considering he'd basically just be an 8-game rental to get us to the end of the season where we can address the G position more permanently, I really don't care about all the off-field stuff. Do people really think he would come in and poison the locker room in half a season? I don't. He'd essentially be playing for the paycheck and praying to god he did well enough and behaved enough for some team to take a flyer on him next year, otherwise his career is over for good.

I think it's stupid for the Bills not to sign him with the above in mind. We sign guys with off-field problems all the time. Probably more than any team in the league. When you haven't been to the playoffs in 14 years, you should be willing to try anything.

While I agree Richie is a solid player, and would be an upgrade they are not going to bring in a distraction like him right now during a 5-3 season. The playcalling can take a lot of pressure of the offensive line. The talent on this oline is NOT below average. They are just playing that way. Predictable play calling will kill an oline every time.