Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

If you truly want the Bills in the playoffs, you have to pray that the Bungles lose out. That tie they got really mucked things up.

I do realize that but Im just conflicted. I know ultimately we need to beat NE but based on our track record that is going to be VERY difficult in NE if they have something to play for. To me the most unlikely piece of this whole playoff prognostication that is going on is us beating NE. Everything discussed assumes we beat NE. The likeliness of that happening can go way up if Denver loses this week. We will need more help from other teams but it wont matter what help we get if we dont beat NE.

If Cincy loses I will be happy because I know it was technically the best scenario but if Cincy wins I am not going to be upset.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do realize that but Im just conflicted. I know ultimately we need to beat NE but based on our track record that is going to be VERY difficult in NE if they have something to play for. To me the most unlikely piece of this whole playoff prognostication that is going on is us beating NE. Everything discussed assumes we beat NE. The likeliness of that happening can go way up if Denver loses this week. We will need more help from other teams but it wont matter what help we get if we dont beat NE.

If Cincy loses I will be happy because I know it was technically the best scenario but if Cincy wins I am not going to be upset.

For weeks now I have been resigned to the fact that the Bills will not make the playoffs

I'm just playing along with the game to keep things interesting.

I'd also love to see the motto "This Is Our Time" come true.

Manning has something to shoot for this week too. HFA.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Denver over Cincy game scares me. I know we basically want Pitt to win out and theyre home for both which is good but if Cincy loses to Denver then NE has a lot to play for week 17 when we come to town. I just dont know if we can beat them in Foxboro when theyre really trying to win. If Cincy wins this week, knowing it makes things more complicated moving forward, it greatly increases our chances of winning week 17 which is the most important/difficult part of all of this.

Hogwash. I guarantee you the Bills are not "scared" to play the Pats.* If they're good enough they'll win; if not (or if Walt Coleman is the referee), they won't.

Hogwash. I guarantee you the Bills are not "scared" to play the Pats.* If they're good enough they'll win; if not (or if Walt Coleman is the referee), they won't.

Agreed, after the outings against Peyton and Rogers, no way the Bills are "scared" to play the Putrids.

Hopefully they don't get over confident.

45 pages? Jeesh

keeping the dream alive

started Oct 26th,,,,

that's a long playoff run

I dont think the Bills are scared at all, Im the one thats scared. They can be as confident as ever but that doesnt make Ortons passes more accurate. Im more on the "were not good enough" side right now just looking at the complete team and the site of the game and how meaningful it is. I think were a good team with a great defense, certainly good enough to be in the playoffs. I dont know if were good enough right now to go into NE and beat them when they really have something to play for. I will be rooting for Cincy but with that said I am not going to be upset if we get some help in winning week 17 with a Cincy win this week.

Edited by jletha

I dont think the Bills are scared at all, Im the one thats scared. They can be as confident as ever but that doesnt make Ortons passes more accurate. Im more on the "were not good enough" side right now just looking at the complete team and the site of the game and how meaningful it is. I think were a good team with a great defense, certainly good enough to be in the playoffs. I dont know if were good enough right now to go into NE and beat them when they really have something to play for. I will be rooting for Cincy but with that said I am not going to be upset if we get some help in winning week 17 with a Cincy win this week.

Bet the Pats are more scared than the Bills this year. Win or lose were gonna knock the snot outta 'em! They need all their pieces firing going into the playoffs. But theyre walking into a buzzsaw of a Defense and they know it.

45 pages? Jeesh

Since I don't want to thumb through 45 pages, I'll ask this (my apologies if it's been brought up already)...

Is it true that if all three of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, AND Cincinnati win this weekend, then the Bills are out? That would put PIT & BAL at 10-5, Cincy at 10-4-1. If the Bills win in Oakland, they're still a game out at 9-6. I'm presuming there's no possible way to win a tiebreaker between any combination of two out of those three?

Since I don't want to thumb through 45 pages, I'll ask this (my apologies if it's been brought up already)...

Is it true that if all three of Pittsburgh, Baltimore, AND Cincinnati win this weekend, then the Bills are out? That would put PIT & BAL at 10-5, Cincy at 10-4-1. If the Bills win in Oakland, they're still a game out at 9-6. I'm presuming there's no possible way to win a tiebreaker between any combination of two out of those three?

You are correct. We do not win any tiebreakers over any team or teams that get to 10 wins. Ideally, this weekend we want San Fran to beat SD, Pitt to beat KC, Den to beat Cincy, and Houston to beat Ravens. 3 out of 4 of those are very possible.

post-5066-14190383746395_thumb.jpg This is what I'm rooting for, I think it is the most likely scenario.

It's Ok if SD wins on Saturday SD would just need to lose week 17 @ KC.

This is a red herring.

We just need one of those three to lose out.

Cinci is Hone vs Denver then @Pitt.

Cinci losing out is the real ticket.

Let Pitt win out.

Baltimore doesn't really matter if Cinci loses out.

wtf

Edited by Why So Serious?

post-5066-14190383746395_thumb.jpg This is what I'm rooting for, I think it is the most likely scenario.

It's Ok if SD wins on Saturday SD would just need to lose week 17 @ KC.

This is a red herring.

We just need one of those three to lose out.

Cinci is Hone vs Denver then @Pitt.

Cinci losing out is the real ticket.

Let Pitt win out.

Baltimore doesn't really matter if Cinci loses out.

wtf

Just did playoff predictor on NFL.com using your scenario and it came out good for the Bills as long as SD loses one of final two games also