Sammy Whatkins!!

He didn't seem to me to be celebrating the second time. Just slowing down, like every single receiver in the league does when they're five yards from the end zone with no one within ten yards of him.

Which he clearly misjudged not long earlier. That's the point being made- if nothing else run it out to prove the point registered, one would think.

Not a big deal and I'm not greatly concerned. Just pointing out that he knew there was no one there the first time and it didn't work out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/14680/early-celebration-costs-sammy-watkins-an-89-yard-touchdown

I really hope this is a 1 time thing. He was the last person I thought would be stupid enough to do this. Now I am sure everyone is gonna whine, and bash and say something stupid, but before you do did you expect Sammy to start hamming it up well before the endzone pretty much any time in his career? He didn't strike me as someone who would. More of a Barry Sanders "just hand the ball to the ref" type.

Again I presume this was a one time FUBAR.

Yeah, I really hate it when 21-year-old kids act like they're having fun playing a game. Let's run this immature idiot who is making NFL defenses look like toddlers out of town.

There would have been no more disappointed person at MetLife Stadium other than Sammy if the Bills didn't score a TD on that drive. Safe to say we won't see something like that ever again.

This is the problem with the Bills: they don't act like winners, they act like losers who are not used to having success and have to showboat. Whether it's Stevie, or T.O. talking smack about the patriots before the game, or carrying Schwartz off the field for winning a regular season game, or getting penalties for showboating, they just don't act like they've been there before.

You mean like Lee Smith who caught his first TD of the year and didnt lift his arms up. Hardly even smiled! (anytime you want to insert foot in mouth or up your a.ss, you can do so! )