CJ out for season - Jackson 4 weeks

I love Freddie, but these types of injuries are going to be more common with him. It's just a side-effect of age.

As for Spiller, I have no idea why so many people on this board hate the guy. He's been a team player since he got here, has never said a bad word about Buffalo, and his only crime was being drafted here in the first round. I think he's got game-breaking ability and if our OC wasn't a mental midget, he'd take full advantage of it.

So FJ will miss at least 3 games (bc of Bye). Could've been worse. We should have FJ back for the really tough stretch.

At best FJ will be back for the 2nd Jets game, Week 12.

But it looks like he'll definitely be back for the Broncos/Packers weeks 14/15.

Great news.

So FJ will miss at least 3 games (bc of Bye). Could've been worse. We should have FJ back for the really tough stretch.

At best FJ will be back for the 2nd Jets game, Week 12.

But it looks like he'll definitely be back for the Broncos/Packers weeks 14/15.

Great news.

My fear is that if Boobie and Brown struggle that they lean on Fred once he's healthy. I would like to think they ease him back into the rotation, especially as he's our definitive #1 but given some of the incompetence by the coaching staff it would not surprise me.

In essence, I don't want the epitome of our leadership to be out with another injury if we struggle with the B's.

Excited to see what Bryce Brown will offer us.

Agreed.

I love Freddie, but these types of injuries are going to be more common with him. It's just a side-effect of age.

As for Spiller, I have no idea why so many people on this board hate the guy. He's been a team player since he got here, has never said a bad word about Buffalo, and his only crime was being drafted here in the first round. I think he's got game-breaking ability and if our OC wasn't a mental midget, he'd take full advantage of it.

I can't speak for everyone, but my "hatred" for Spiller is only because he's not a better runner. He misses the holes, then tries to juke and dance a little too much. His decision-making could be better, too. Why I "hate" him is because if he was able to improve all of that, he'd be a top-tier NFL running back with the talent he already has.

Great post. The old brittle guy will be back in 4 wks and the young oft injured Guy either out or at 50% for larger chunks of seasons is unfairly chastised. Beautiful!

Just because people are critical of Spiller's play on the field doesn't mean that they "hate" him.. Why would anyone hate a person they never met?

Dixon / Brown should be able to make some plays. It is more up to the O line to actually do their damn jobs.

I can't speak for everyone, but my "hatred" for Spiller is only because he's not a better runner. He misses the holes, then tries to juke and dance a little too much. His decision-making could be better, too. Why I "hate" him is because if he was able to improve all of that, he'd be a top-tier NFL running back with the talent he already has.

Gotta love it dont ya? At TBD if you dont think someone is as good as the advertisement shows him to beyou are a hater. I agree with ya Buffalowings.

Excited to see what Bryce Brown will offer us.

I can't wait. I've been excited since we sign him. I remember watching him on the Eagles and thinking that he would be a #1 back soon. It struck me as a little weird that he signed with the Bills as a 3rd/4th stringer. But maybe he was looking into the future when Jackson retires and Spiller is traded.

Of course, I could be wrong and he's just not as good as I think.

Just because people are critical of Spiller's play on the field doesn't mean that they "hate" him.. Why would anyone hate a person they never met?

Dixon / Brown should be able to make some plays. It is more up to the O line to actually do their damn jobs.

I think it is a short hand (at least for me) to describe the crusaders.

At least one of these crusaders repeatedly complains about CJ and hitting holes etc. -- while, at the same time elsewhere, stating (accurately) how bad our guards are.

I can't wait. I've been excited since we sign him. I remember watching him on the Eagles and thinking that he would be a #1 back soon. It struck me as a little weird that he signed with the Bills as a 3rd/4th stringer. But maybe he was looking into the future when Jackson retires and Spiller is traded.

Of course, I could be wrong and he's just not as good as I think.

he was traded to the bills had no choice

he is an insurance policy against injury this year or CJ leaving.

Last I heard Freddie was 2-4 weeks and was looking to be back for KC

Fred said this morning that doctors told him it is typically a 4 week injury. No surgery, just rehab. 1 centimeter pull of muscle off the bone. Fortunate it was not worse. Will do everything to get back sooner. He should miss two games for sure, if he heals fast he might be back for the Miami game on Thursday 11/13. If a full 4 weeks, the Jets game on 11/23 will be 5 weeks from date of injury. So it looks like 3 games he'll miss, with an outside chance of only 2.