Seahawks Trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

Harvin is so overrated. He rarely stays healthy and what has he actually done as a receiver?

Seattle is fine without him. He didn't play pretty much until the SB. They also have to free up money for Wilson too.

Why aren't you calling for the HC's head for not getting the most out of his weapons?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is the last surprise trade we see before the deadline

Sproles getting hurt is a big loss for the Eagles as he was playing a bigger than expected role with them and I wouldn't be surprised if Chip didn't try getting a replacement for the time being and to keep sproles in limited role they intended him to have when he comes back

Edited by Max997

From a Seattle message board:

"Danny O'Neil is talking about it on KIRO right now and is speculating that it may have something to do with the fact that Percy hasn't been practicing the past few weeks, basically he's saying that it may be an attitude thing."

http://forums.twobil...er/page__st__40

(Thanks to Smooth for the link).

Edited by hondo in seattle

They are thinking they didn't need him last year. He's never been a monster receiver. He's more hype than substance.

You might be right, but the whole deal is weird. Right when they are getting bang for their buck for him, they send him away for a garbage pick. Sounds like you are right, and this might be a salary dump.

I live in the Seattle area so Im a tad more familiar with Seattle than other people on here.

Seattle has a few young WRs that make up for Harvin. Harvin has had relatively poor stats so far this year given his price tag.

Another factor is long term salary management on the team with having to resign Wilson.

I am surprised it happened now. I would have expected it to happen in the offseason.

It isnt just him....

Lynch is also expected to be a cap casualty in the offseason.

I do think there was some sort of locker room issues. Since they were doing well it wasnt reported.

Edited by djp14150

And still we sit here with players with trade value.

And still people talk about mid round draft picks like they're extremely valuable and always seem to forget what mid round draft picks actually bring. Example: we got Mike Williams for what, a 6th? Let's say they turn around and get a 6th back for him. Now go look up the Bills' last 20 6th round draft picks. Even if Spiller gets you a 4th. Great. You might get the next Derek Fine or Shawn Nelson in next year's draft. I'd rather lose Spiller in free agency, not have an extra 4th round pick and bank on him making a few plays this season that could help us win some games.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Seahawk fans are going ballistic. Ha. He will make some plays I'm sure, but chances are his headcase issues will implode on the Jets.

I'm sure dropping a known attitude/headcase into the world's biggest media market and onto a team that's been on the verge of imploding all season long will work out just fine...

John Clayton lives in the Seattle area.

If you want to get more info on this trade......

go onto ESPN 710 AM Seattle. Clayton usually does a 4pm Pacific Time (7pm ET) 20 minute chat on the radio about football. They usually replay it at 6pm PT if there isnt a schedule conflict.

Casserly breaks down the Harvin trade

Rapoport: Harvin had been on trade market for weeks

Dukes on Harvin: 'A jack of all trades, master of none'

NFL community reacts: 'Hawks trade Harvin to Jets

Ian Rapoport reported that the Seattle Seahawks have traded wide receiver Percy Harvin to the New York Jets for a conditional mid-round draft pick. See how NFL players reacted to the shocking deal.