Seahawks Trade Percy Harvin to the Jets

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From PFT:

In the coming days, specific details undoubtedly will emerge regarding Harvin’s lack of chemistry in the locker room. As one source explained it to PFT on Friday evening, the Seahawks possibly feared that Harvin had sufficient influence over enough of the locker room to launch a mutiny against quarterback Rusell Wilson, who despite not yet getting a franchise-quarterback contract possibly has become the target of some resentment among players who don’t share his complete devotion to the game, and who regard the third-year quarterback as a player-coach.

Words fail me. :wallbash:

Jets cut David Nelson to make room for Harvin.

Umm.. get 'er dun ? :unsure:

Harvin played in 10 games total throughout all of 2012 and 2013 combined. He hasn't had a decent season since 2011. I can't believe the Jets gave away a draft pick when they have to win out, and hope 10-6 wins the division, in order to make the trade worth it. I think its mind-boggling.

Harvin played in 10 games total throughout all of 2012 and 2013 combined. He hasn't had a decent season since 2011. I can't believe the Jets gave away a draft pick when they have to win out, and hope 10-6 wins the division, in order to make the trade worth it. I think its mind-boggling.

The Jets gave away a draft pick that the current staff won't be around to use if they don't go 10-6. That's why.

It was the same "argument" about the Sammy pick. Jobs are on the line. Who cares about a pick a year from now, we may not even be a part of this organization when we can use it.

I would think the owner would have say in a week 7 trade when the team is most certainly not getting into the post season, though.

I would think the owner would have say in a week 7 trade when the team is most certainly not getting into the post season, though.

You're right. But the question is, was he onboard because it would help tickets sales?

You're right. But the question is, was he onboard because it would help tickets sales?

Ticket sales is the only logical explanation I could come up with when I heard this on the radio yesterday. It was hard to think, though, with all of the moronic Jets fans calling in to say how "awesome this trade is."

(1-6) teams don't get better by trading for a journeyman WR whose headaches keep him off the field for more than half of the season.

Dumb move for the hawks. Regardless of his production he had to be accounted and game planned for. Now this offense is lacking playmakers and will scare no one

Read the Seattle Times story that I posted earlier in this thread. He was causing a ton of problems in the Seattle locker room, and they've won plenty without Harvin in the past. They will also need lots of cap room to give Russell Wilson and others the big contracts they've earned.