Seats at the Ralph

QB Bills

Hey folks,

going to the game this Sunday...had couple of questions that maybe some of you could clear up..

1) Got seats in the 6th row (lower bowl) right around the 45 yard line. Pretty cool as I've never sat anywhere other than the cheap seats. But I was wondering if that might be a "not-so-sweet" spot of being too far from the players, yet too close to them so the view is obstructed by not being able see over their heads. Has anyone sat in a similar area?

2) For tailgating, if I don't bring my own food, do people sell theirs out in the parking lot? Or are there vendors that do so before the game starts? Same question for beer just in case we are unable to get any.

3) Any good places to eat/hang out after the game? Anchor bar? Maybe within walking distance so we don't have to sit in our car waiting for traffic to clear?

Thanks

Grats on your 1,000th post.

I'll defer on this one even though I could answer all of your questions. I'll let someone else do it becaise everyone's idea of tailgating and bar hoping is completely different.

Again, Grats on the 1,000

1) I sat in seats in the third row at the 50 yd line last year and while they were awesome, I bet the view from a row or two further back would have been less obstructed. I think you're in a good spot with those seats.

2) Swing by Wegmans on McKinley before going to tailgate and pick up some subs and beer, you'll be all set.

3) I'll defer to others as my knowledge of places to hang out around the stadium is limited.

Hey folks,

going to the game this Sunday...had couple of questions that maybe some of you could clear up..

1) Got seats in the 6th row (lower bowl) right around the 45 yard line. Pretty cool as I've never sat anywhere other than the cheap seats. But I was wondering if that might be a "not-so-sweet" spot of being too far from the players, yet too close to them so the view is obstructed by not being able see over their heads. Has anyone sat in a similar area?

2) For tailgating, if I don't bring my own food, do people sell theirs out in the parking lot? Or are there vendors that do so before the game starts? Same question for beer just in case we are unable to get any.

3) Any good places to eat/hang out after the game? Anchor bar? Maybe within walking distance so we don't have to sit in our car waiting for traffic to clear?

Thanks

I had row 4 for a couple seasons. it's an obstructed view. but it's still a great spot.

There are some street meat type vendors around but rarely people selling anything in the lots themselves. I agree that subs are always a good option if you don't have time to prep or make food. You might find someone to share a beer with you but there are not really any vendors that you can get beer from outside the stadium unless you're parking at and going in a bar like Kettles or something (which is where I have been parking recently).

1. Check this out QB. You get a general idea. http://www.channel1m...ills/seatviews/ I sat around the same place but a few rows up (16-20). Not sure where it was row wise since it was back in 2001 when I sat that low. Still had a little bit of camera man in my way but not bad most of the time.

2. Get a sub, pizza, beer, etc. before the game at wegmans if you're near one. Bring a cooler for #3.

3. I usually bring enough food/beer for pre and post game activities(weather depending afterwards).

Edited by The Wiz

Grats on your 1,000th post.

I'll defer on this one even though I could answer all of your questions. I'll let someone else do it becaise everyone's idea of tailgating and bar hoping is completely different.

Again, Grats on the 1,000

Thanks mrags! Was saving my thousandth post for a Bills playoff game. But needed some answers asap...

And any input is appreciated.

And thanks to the rest of you for replying.

What about the big tree inn? Whats the deal with that? Andre mentioned it in his HoF speech.

Edited by QB Bills

Where are you parking? If you are at hammers you can get a beer from my friend Paul. His car will have 4 helmets on the roof. He has my oven and some Stromboli. Just tell him I sent you.

I've heard that if you can get some of this stromboli you're in for a treat.

Did a small throw down last week in the mud lot. I did not have a pulled pork or chicken wing one to compare. The meat one, no comparison..

It goes without saying that Mead's stromboli is far superior. So stop into the capital district first :D

It could be just my faulty memory, but does the Ralph have more of a crown on the field for drainage than other stadiums? I remember this more from being on the field at concerts than watching games. Maybe its the same everywhere, but it seemed like it could affect viewing to a minimal degree. Sorry... just a strange random thought....

Hey folks,

Thanks

I think those seats are very good.

Regarding tailgating. The suggestions you have receive so far are great. It's easy to pick something up on the way. But, if that is out if the question and it's just you and someone else, I think you will have no problem joining a tailgate party in one of the lots. Bring some beer or a bottle and cozy up to a swinging party. While we usually have our own tailgate party, when I went to Jacksonville a few years ago with a friend,. we were running late and just couldn't find anywhere open. on our way, before the game. I saw a great Bills tailgate party and offered to give them $$ for a couple drinks and bite. I felt a bit weird about it, but it really was no problem. They would have none of the money thing. I've been on the other end of that on many occasions, and it seems most people having a big tailgate are happy to share. We've hosted people in Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Francisco, LA, etc, and vice versa.

After the game, hang at the Big Tree--beware it will be crowded for awhile. Is there still a Duffs or Danny's nearby? Or, rejoin one of the tailgate parties.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you mooch off of others. But if you bring something to share (like I said, cold beers or a bottle of something for shots) you should have no problem finding a fun group to welcome a couple people. I will just assume some day you will be the one sharing. I've met some great people that way.

Many Bills players used to hang out in Big Tree Inn and occasionally ex-players go there when area.

Sat with Rueben Brown once night before draft day after he had retired.

Rueben is there a lot. I only get to the Big tree a couple times a year at the max and have seen him there all the time