Bills Working Out Kouandjio at Guard

@PFF_Pete

Baffling. #Bills RT @BrianKSmith81 Can someone explain why Urbik is not seeing field? Worst 2 guards in league, Urbik top 25 for 3 yrs

It's easy...

According to our genius HC you don't want to risk your back-up center no matter how bad your OG's look, or how good an OG he may be... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is turning into another round of the always-elusive Tavaris Jackson Syndrome.

What we can't see must be better than what we can.

but we have seen him - a lot of him.

and frankly, the tjax situation wouldnt be one i held up as the team nailing it and the fans being crazy.

Kouandjio getting work at guard

Bills second-round pick Cyrus Kouandjio has begun working at guard in addition to his offensive tackle position. Head coach Doug Marrone confirmed that the move began two weeks ago.

“Two weeks ago I had told (offensive line) Pat (Morris) obviously I work with him and I said, ‘(Cyrus) is really moving well. We need to see if we can develop him in playing tackle and guard,’” said Marrone. “If he keeps going the way he’s going we could get a spot for him somewhere just like a lot of other people.”

Recipe for sure success... start three rookies on your offensive line, start a journeymen QB that has less mobility than Brady behind said line, have said QB hand off to RB that has no vision, and not throw the ball to WR that cost the franchise two first round picks.

Priceless...

Ah, so it was 'worrying and not having fun' that made him stiff and immobile? Pro bowl!

At this point, Kouandjio looks like a bust. One of a series of reasons for getting rid of Whaley after the season. That said, I can't disagree with Kouandijo's comment about having fun. If you start to overthink things, second-guess yourself, have a "worry list" hundreds of items long, you'll tend to do less well than if you let all that stuff go. Oftentimes you instinctively know what to do. And will end up doing what you need to do if you focus on having fun. "Fun" for an offensive lineman probably consists of dominating the guy he's supposed to be blocking.

Edited by Orton's Arm

Recipe for sure success... start three rookies on your offensive line, start a journeymen QB that has less mobility than Brady behind said line, have said QB hand off to RB that has no vision, and not throw the ball to WR that cost the franchise two first round picks.

Priceless...

It could only happen in Buffalo... :thumbsup:

According to our genius HC you don't want to risk your back-up center no matter how bad your OG's look, or how good an OG he may be... B-)

Seems simple enough.

(Our HC seeming simple is not a good thing.)

It's easy...

You forgot to add 'even if it means opening up your QB to get crushed by hordes of angry defensive linemen'.

The front office knew the guard play last year was poor and did not do enough to address it in the off season. We all knew that Williams was going to be a bad signing, and it was. Having a rookie at RT, who has not graded out well recently, and two very below average guards is not a recipe for success on offense.

The front office knew the guard play last year was poor and did not do enough to address it in the off season. We all knew that Williams was going to be a bad signing, and it was. Having a rookie at RT, who has not graded out well recently, and two very below average guards is not a recipe for success on offense.

You're right. There were PLENTY of off season threads where many posters hated this signing.

Since Levitre became a free agent, the Bills have not seriously addressed the interior line problems. You build a good offense or defense from the inside out front to back. The Offensive line which has been mediocre for a decade need a talents upgrade and if moving Koujandjio to guard is an improvement, good. Next off season build a better line and the offense will improve. The Bills have too much talent on offense to be this bad.

Since Levitre became a free agent, the Bills have not seriously addressed the interior line problems. You build a good offense or defense from the inside out front to back. The Offensive line which has been mediocre for a decade need a talents upgrade and if moving Koujandjio to guard is an improvement, good. Next off season build a better line and the offense will improve. The Bills have too much talent on offense to be this bad.

I agree but we did draft Kouandijo in the 2nd round last year. That's fairly high and fairly serious for a Guard. The Williams signing was an absolute waste. He was always bad prior to getting here, and despite his injury, how much did we expect from the guy?

the bills have been unable to develop late round draft picks on the OL like some other teams do: Asper, Richardson (still early), Sanders, Hairston, Wang etc. We kinda hit a homer with glenn but that's about it (though he wasn't a late round pick). the rest have been a failure. Falls on GM(s).

Edited by bobobonators

but we have seen him - a lot of him.

and frankly, the tjax situation wouldnt be one i held up as the team nailing it and the fans being crazy.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head on that one. Rough choice, Tjax or Tuel. Decisions, decisions.