Bills Working Out Kouandjio at Guard

My comment on Marrone's background was in response to your claim that Marrone has no input on how the roster was built. You say the line sucks and that has nothing to do with Marrone -- which is absurd because Marrone picked the starters, and had every opportunity to improve or rebuild this line over the past two seasons that he's been the head coach.

I never said former line experience automatically translates to a good product on the field. All I said was that you would hope your HC's niche would help the line rather than hurt it. Since Marrone has taken over, the line has not improved -- it's gotten worse. Either that's because of scheme (Marrone's fault), or personnel (also at least partially on Marrone), or a combination of the two.

But if it makes you feel better to absolve St. Doug of his sins, by all means, keep your delusions. Just get my point right when you quote me. :beer:

And I thought it was obvious.

And funny how with half the talent of Bills on offense, Jets put down 25 points on Pats in Foxboro.

Edited by GG

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the disconnect I'm having with your posts. Marrone's background should assure the team has at least a competent offensive line. One would assume the man knows how to assess talent at those positions considering his experience. One also has to assume that over the past two years during which Marrone has had time to address the line, he would have improved it.

And yet this is the line he has put out on the field:

A budding star at LT (who's being hung out to dry by sub par play to his right)

An injury prone, terrible FA signing at RG, backed up by a 5th round rookie (whom I actually think has a future but isn't ready yet)

Most underrated C in the game (ditto with the hung out to dry comment)

A below average, over the hill RT who you ask to convert to RG

A rookie RT who has been streaky at best

That's on Marrone at least a little bit, is it not?

Yes sir it is.

I just love how people that have no clue (I include myself) like to 2nd guess coaches. Coaches know these guys and see them every day so I give them the benefit of the doubt. We have a rookie playing LG who is progressing I think. We have a rookie playing RT who is playing better than could be expected. Pears moved to RG so he could help the rookie RT. I don't think they want another rookie to replace Pears yet. There is still hope that this line can get it together.

I just love how people that have no clue (I include myself) like to 2nd guess coaches. Coaches know these guys and see them every day so I give them the benefit of the doubt. We have a rookie playing LG who is progressing I think. We have a rookie playing RT who is playing better than could be expected. Pears moved to RG so he could help the rookie RT. I don't think they want another rookie to replace Pears yet. There is still hope that this line can get it together.

I may not have a clue but the results speak for themselves (w/ the Oline).

This is the disconnect I'm having with your posts. Marrone's background should assure the team has at least a competent offensive line. One would assume the man knows how to assess talent at those positions considering his experience. One also has to assume that over the past two years during which Marrone has had time to address the line, he would have improved it.

And yet this is the line he has put out on the field:

A budding star at LT (who's being hung out to dry by sub par play to his right)

An injury prone, terrible FA signing at RG, backed up by a 5th round rookie (whom I actually think has a future but isn't ready yet)

Most underrated C in the game (ditto with the hung out to dry comment)

A below average, over the hill RT who you ask to convert to RG

A rookie RT who has been streaky at best

That's on Marrone at least a little bit, is it not?

I would add to this his evaluation of Levitre and Rhinehart which lead to both their departures. I am not advocating we should have kept Levitre at his asking price, but Rhinehart I think was a huge loss and squarely on Marrone.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

The moment that Henderson established himself at RT they should have tried to move Cujo to guard. Its probably going to take some time to get him to get use to playing there and the playbook. But the team needs much better guard play and he has the phsyical size to maybe be at least decent there. From week 1 it was pretty obvious the team was weak at guard. So when you have a guy who is a phsyical specimin who has gotten benched at RT you need to try and get that guy at guard.

Trade KWAN-joe for ....

Richie-Incognito-7041.jpg

Richie is waiting patiently by the phone for the Bills to call:

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_hjc5fd0x/

As an aside, I know Eric Wood is friends with Richie and everyone loves a good redemption story. Richie would be an upgrade over what we have at RG. I do not like what he did, but based on how the Dolphin players (black and white) defended him, his issues do not appear to be racial.

The moment that Henderson established himself at RT they should have tried to move Cujo to guard. Its probably going to take some time to get him to get use to playing there and the playbook. But the team needs much better guard play and he has the phsyical size to maybe be at least decent there. From week 1 it was pretty obvious the team was weak at guard. So when you have a guy who is a phsyical specimin who has gotten benched at RT you need to try and get that guy at guard.

I didn't/couldn't understand their logic! If Seantrel and Cordy were going to be the bookend tackles then why would you have your second rd. draft pick sitting on the bench? I understand the need for depth at the position, but if KouandIjo was having problems with his movement on the outside let him go inside and use Pears as the backup.

I am a little skeptical if Kujo playing any position on the field, but am also curious. Wonder if they should try to work him in for a series or two, so we can see this 180 they speak of.

Good points.

i dont believe he has dressed for a game yet has he ?

My thought is that they have been developing the kid all along and hoping he would get up to speed at some point this season. For all the things Marrone may have messed up , i think he wants all the rookies playing sooner than later as a group. But finding the offensive identity has been troublesome at best.

I dont mind who they rotate in any more. Just find something that works !

Marrone and company have overthought this whole offense IMHO. I dont care if they grind the ball. But somehow the players need to execute the play called.

Edited by 3rdand12