The all Sam Bradford thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he's going to have a better career than a lot of these former first rounders or other scrubs fans want us to sign or trade for.

That is debatable......he has fizzled everywhere he has been.

I actually like Fitzy......but we dont know that some of these other middling QB's couldnt thrive in the right system

For christ sake Sanchez went to TWO AFC championships

:thumbsup: you're coming around, a couple hours ago you said Fitz was better.

Haha. Honestly, there is no proof Bradford is better than Fitz other than his draft position.

That is debatable......he has fizzled everywhere he has been.

I actually like Fitzy......but we dont know that some of these other middling QB's couldnt thrive in the right system

For christ sake Sanchez went to TWO AFC championships

Fitz is better than Locker, Sanchez. He is at least on par with Cutler and Bradfird. I don't think Fitz is good. But I don't think these other guys are either.

And Sanchez kept the Jets from the SB. They won games despite him.

Haha. Honestly, there is no proof Bradford is better than Fitz other than his draft position.

Fitz is better than Locker, Sanchez. He is at least on par with Cutler and Bradfird. I don't think Fitz is good. But I don't think these other guys are either.

And Sanchez kept the Jets from the SB. They won games despite him.

You dont have proof of any of these claims......

And Sanchez play was actually decent in the AFC Championsship years....u dont get that far with at least better then average QB play......

You have this team sitting here with this HC just waiting for a QB. The last real QB the Bills really had is now 50 years old... Sometimes you need to swallow the risk and take a chance on someone who's only problem has ever been he got injured. This isn't like Kolb, he had concussions those are dangerous.

This kid is saying he in finally healthier then he has ever been. He is 28 which is the prime for NFL talent that can survive in the league that long. QB, ACL injuries but doesn't need to run.

The Bills will be a heavy run team with more WR talent then he has ever had. Rebuilding the O-Line. Will have the #1 defense in the league next year, with a strong Special Teams game.

Take the chance on a QB while you have this team.

You dont have proof of any of these claims......

And Sanchez play was actually decent in the AFC Championsship years....u dont get that far with at least better then average QB play......

Check the stats. And Sanchez threw 12 tds, 20 ints as a rookie. He was more of a problem for them than a solution.

That said, Rex is loyal but Sanchez was much worse than EJ was a rookie. The Jets just had a better overall team,

Check the stats. And Sanchez threw 12 tds, 20 ints as a rookie. He was more of a problem for them than a solution.

That said, Rex is loyal but Sanchez was much worse than EJ was a rookie. The Jets just had a better overall team,

And also is not hesitant to try to win a game.....rookies throw ints.

This is where we get into that debate of do you want a stagnant offense with a QB afraid to throw the ball....or a guy trying to actually make plays.

Keep in mind we have a defense that is going to negate a lot of QB mistakes.......and if we can squeeze/manufacture some points on offense we will win games

EJ was a little TOO careful

Watkins,

This is second stop

The first thing he did as HC was go out and get a playoff OC

Google Greg Roman offense, that's what we have in Buffalo. Rex knows he doesn't know offense, that's why he brought someone in who knows what they are doing, but shares his general philosophy. When an offensive player weighs coming here it will be based on the OC, supporting cast, and position coach. Not Rex Ryan.

In other words, you are HOPING that he has figured it out.

I think any OC will struggle under Ryan, because everything is geared towards making sure the defense looks good, first and foremost. That affects the offensive approach. It may be his 2nd stop, but he had a few OC's to work with, and plenty of time in NY to figure out how to get a decent offense on the field.

It remains to be seen if he can do it now. He hasn't shown any aptitude for it, and I'm sure any free agent QB would be conscious of that fact. My original post asked if a QB would be excited to play for a Ryan coached team. I don't think many would, regardless of the OC.

Edited by HoF Watkins

You have this team sitting here with this HC just waiting for a QB. The last real QB the Bills really had is now 50 years old... Sometimes you need to swallow the risk and take a chance on someone who's only problem has ever been he got injured. This isn't like Kolb, he had concussions those are dangerous.

This kid is saying he in finally healthier then he has ever been. He is 28 which is the prime for NFL talent that can survive in the league that long. QB, ACL injuries but doesn't need to run.

The Bills will be a heavy run team with more WR talent then he has ever had. Rebuilding the O-Line. Will have the #1 defense in the league next year, with a strong Special Teams game.

Take the chance on a QB while you have this team.

Youd certainly be swallowing a lot with this guy:

- at least some draft picks and a cap eating $13 million remaining from a rookie contract so egregious it ushered in a whole new rookie pay scale

- career "winning percentage" of 38%

- 3 time suffered devastating season ending injury - throwing shoulder in college, pair of ACLs on pros

- and an attitude that wants to explore a trade against a team that's endured all that and even let hin pick the OC next year

WOW just WOW is all that can be said about wanting this guy

In other words, you are HOPING that he has figured it out.

I think any OC will struggle under Ryan, because everything is geared towards making sure the defense looks good, first and foremost. That affects the offensive approach. It may be his 2nd stop, but he had a few OC's to work with, and plenty of time in NY to figure out how to get a decent offense on the field.

It remains to be seen if he can do it now. He hasn't shown any aptitude for it, and I'm sure any free agent QB would be conscious of that fact. My original post asked if a QB would be excited to play for a Ryan coached team. I don't think many would, regardless of the OC.

Watkins,

The philosophy worked in San Francisco

Youd certainly be swallowing a lot with this guy:

- at least some draft picks and a cap eating $13 million remaining from a rookie contract so egregious it ushered in a whole new rookie pay scale

- career "winning percentage" of 38%

- 3 time suffered devastating season ending injury - throwing shoulder in college, pair of ACLs on pros

- and an attitude that wants to explore a trade against a team that's endured all that and even let hin pick the OC next year

WOW just WOW is all that can be said about wanting this guy

$13 million isn't bad for a year since average QBs like Dalton get paid nearly that much. Hell the backup last year Orton got some good money.

Odd I thought wins was team stat... All I saw was a guy who progressed every year had a beautiful throwing motion and had a 90+ rating before he got injured.

It's called taking a risk, this isn't Kolb with concussions, Belichick took a guy in the first round that also had two horrible knee injuries and was in IR all last year. Sometimes you take that risk..

This is the NFL and that is the business... Don't even know why that is a talking point b.c the team is letting them.

$13 million isn't bad for a year since average QBs like Dalton get paid nearly that much. Hell the backup last year Orton got some good money.

Odd I thought wins was team stat... All I saw was a guy who progressed every year had a beautiful throwing motion and had a 90+ rating before he got injured.

It's called taking a risk, this isn't Kolb with concussions, Belichick took a guy in the first round that also had two horrible knee injuries and was in IR all last year. Sometimes you take that risk..

This is the NFL and that is the business... Don't even know why that is a talking point b.c the team is letting them.

If he's not contributing W's why are we having this discussion at all? The best case that can be made is he contributed one win versus career backups and guys walking in off the Street, because the most wins he got in a season was 7, and last year they had 6 without him. But even that's being way too generous because its certainly within a margin of error. Bottom line: for all the hype and cost, this guy is no better than a journeyman. And that's when he's even able to stay on the field and is not just standing on the sidelines chewing up cap space Edited by JTSP

If he's not contributing W's why are we having this discuasion at all? The best case that can be made is the contributed one win versus career backups and guys walking in off the Street, because the most wins he got INA season was 7, and last year they had 6 without him. But even that's being way too generous because its certainly within a margin of error. Bottom line: for all the hype and cost, this guy is no better than a journeyman. And that's when he's even able to stay on the field and is not just standing on the sidelines chewing up cap space

We got it Joe.

Hmmm...he is also known to neglect his offenses. Hmmm...and now he WANTS the O-line to be a strength of the team. Hmmm his offenses have consistently sucked. Hmmm...

I thought about linking to all the articles discussing how unbalanced his teams have been, his favoritism towards defensive players, etc.

but just Google "Rex Ryan offense" and read them yourself.

I learned several threads ago to pay you no mind. Carry on.

I learned several threads ago to pay you no mind. Carry on.

No dissent allowed in this thread either, huh?

Watkins,

The philosophy worked in San Francisco

Do I have to point out that Ryan wasn't the head coach in SF? The "philosophy" has been used in many places, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Ryan has yet to pull it off..

Edited by HoF Watkins

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXFXXFitzRy00.htm&t=1

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXBXXBradSa00.htm&t=0

To this point, honestly, who's had the better career? And even if you lie and pretend like it's Bradford, it's pretty bad that it is even comparable.

Yet some would trade a 1st for him? Crazy talk.

I agree with you. To me Bradford has always been a "deer in the headlights", injury prone QB with very mediocre passing ability. He is young so I do think he has more potential that McCown or any other FA that I can think of, but not for a 1st round pick. No way.